Clay Travis Outkick: FLORIDA VS. CALIFORNIA STATE COVID DATA PROVES LOCKDOWNS DON’T WORK

DKW 86

FLORIDA VS. CALIFORNIA STATE COVID DATA PROVES LOCKDOWNS DON’T WORK

Travis does a pretty decent job but he only uses one numbered statistical metric. That is kind of light. 
But the anecdotal evidence is pretty sound. Disney Land closed for a year or more. The far more popular Disney World, NOT CLOSED.
FL has been without Lockdown since May of last year and even got thru one Spring Break/Summer season already. 
Their kids are back active in sports. Their kids are back at school. 

CA? The gov is allowing none of that and their numbers are no better than FL once you allow for FL roughly 30% older population.

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

FLORIDA VS. CALIFORNIA STATE COVID DATA PROVES LOCKDOWNS DON’T WORK

Travis does a pretty decent job but he only uses one numbered statistical metric. That is kind of light. 
But the anecdotal evidence is pretty sound. Disney Land closed for a year or more. The far more popular Disney World, NOT CLOSED.
FL has been without Lockdown since May of last year and even got thru one Spring Break/Summer season already. 
Their kids are back active in sports. Their kids are back at school. 

CA? The gov is allowing none of that and their numbers are no better than FL once you allow for FL roughly 30% older population.

There is something to learn from this.  I can admit that.  However, it isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison.  More importantly, we lost a lot of lives in this country due to Covid. Over a half million people. I personally know 4 people that died too soon.  Only one of them had reached the age of 70 (as though their age should matter).  I don't understand why some people have to infer some sort of bad intent on the part of government officials or medical professionals when they were demanding shut downs.  Shut downs worked incredibly well in China and South Korea.  We have been learning over the past year and this is one of those lessons.  In many parts of the country, kids should have been back in school months ago.  We know that now, but that doesn't make the decisions to close schools last spring wrong decisions.  It was one of our only weapons to fight the problem at the time.  Thankfully, we now have many weapons thanks to science and experience over time.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There is something to learn from this.  I can admit that.  However, it isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison.  More importantly, we lost a lot of lives in this country due to Covid. Over a half million people. I personally know 4 people that died too soon.  Only one of them had reached the age of 70 (as though their age should matter).  I don't understand why some people have to infer some sort of bad intent on the part of government officials or medical professionals when they were demanding shut downs.  Shut downs worked incredibly well in China and South Korea.  We have been learning over the past year and this is one of those lessons.  In many parts of the country, kids should have been back in school months ago.  We know that now, but that doesn't make the decisions to close schools last spring wrong decisions.  It was one of our only weapons to fight the problem at the time.  Thankfully, we now have many weapons thanks to science and experience over time.

I simply wish we'd hold China accountable. Politics won't allow. Unfortunate. 

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Our kids and our schools will be reeling from this for years. China has Population concentration numbers we plain do not have. It is apples and oranges. Shutdowns worked at the very outset. Florida lifted theirs way back in May. CA still has theirs and they are destroying families, businesses, lives. careers, industries. AND they dont seem to care. Will CA open their eyes to what they did wrong? Not likely. The Donors are still demanding shutdowns. The Middle-Class has no voice in this.

Archived