Baseball vs (#2) Arkansas series

Just a dreadful way to blow a game. We really needed to take advantage of this one. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The last 2 innings remind me of why baseball is hard to watch at times. So slow moving. 

Slow moving without great pitching. Good pitching always beats good hitting. Bullpen tough pill to swallow tonight.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Miller strikes out. Game over. :( Meltdown from the bullpen costs us another game.

“Meltdown”......very polite from you tgrogan

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

“Meltdown”......very polite from you tgrogan

It's a family site. 😛 I'm just so sick and tired of seeing us lose 1 run games because our bullpen just can't get out if it's own way. That 8th inning when they didn't get a hit but got the winning run. :angryfire:

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's a family site. 😛 I'm just so sick and tired of seeing us lose 1 run games because our bullpen just can't get out if it's own way. That 8th inning when they didn't get a hit but got the winning run. :angryfire:

Yep...really need the true and steady closer that can be counted on in times of need....so right about the winning run. What a way to lose at this level.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Yep...really need the true and steady closer that can be counted on in times of need....so right about the winning run. What a way to lose at this level.

What stings is Burkhalter has been one of our better guys from the pen. I'll chalk his game up to just not having it tonight. Fitts, Fuller, and Bright though have been rough most of if not all of the season. I'm glad Skipper is back and I guess Mullins, Sokol, and Morrison are hurt.

That stunk. Simply put that stunk. Auburn can’t continue doing that. The bullpen, frankly, has to step the hail up. That’s all I’ve got tonight. Great job getting out to a lead and great job by Jack Owen, but bullpen has to look in the mirror and simply do better. 

I had expected at least solid, if not big years from both Fitts and Fuller. Disappointing so far.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not calling that fiasco a heartbreaker

Of course it was. Auburn is in a tough spot. The injuries caused disruption to the pitching staff and Auburn has to re-calibrate in the middle of SEC play. Pitching is going to be a roll of the dice until things get stabilized.

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I had expected at least solid, if not big years from both Fitts and Fuller. Disappointing so far.

Fuller is still a project. Richard Fitts is working his way back from the toe thing. He lost some ground with that injury and he seems like it messed with his head a little.

10 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Of course it was. Auburn is in a tough spot. The injuries caused disruption to the pitching staff and Auburn has to re-calibrate in the middle of SEC play. Pitching is going to be a roll of the dice until things get stabilized.

Sorry Belle but I can not classify blowing a 4-0 lead as a heartbreaker. Understand the injuries, etc. Also understand that diversity is a part of the game. Know we are in great shape coaching wise and sure CBT and staff are frustrated more so than us. Last night BP was reminiscent of pitching in youth baseball at times. Great thing is that we get to play again quickly with hopefully better results. WDE

Well here we are. Huge opportunity to make a statement. Can’t be phased by yesterday. Gotta flush it and go win the day. Just got me a feeling today is going to be a great day... 

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Well here we are. Huge opportunity to make a statement. Can’t be phased by yesterday. Gotta flush it and go win the day. Just got me a feeling today is going to be a great day... 

and off to good start. 2-0 bottom 2nd Gonzalez on mound. 

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sorry Belle but I can not classify blowing a 4-0 lead as a heartbreaker. Understand the injuries, etc. Also understand that diversity is a part of the game. Know we are in great shape coaching wise and sure CBT and staff are frustrated more so than us. Last night BP was reminiscent of pitching in youth baseball at times. Great thing is that we get to play again quickly with hopefully better results. WDE

Disagree. And I think you don't get it. Pitching is as much mental as it is anything else. Some of these very young kids are just not ready and the middle group may not be starter material.  Auburn had the same problem with injuries when Fitts was a freshman. 

Archived