Fact is, Washington Post ignores truth

AUFAN78

It should be clear by now that the “fact-checking” industry exists only to denigrate conservative ideas and suppress news the left doesn’t want reported. It is an ideological weapon thinly disguised as objective analysis of empirical facts. 

It is used by partisan media outfits such as the Washington Post to accuse competitors of journalistic malpractice and justify their own errors and omissions. 

It is an insult to journalism.

After the White House failed to respond to our questions, it took two weeks to mount this feeble defense. They just had to take their pick of useful idiots to feed it to.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/09/fact-is-washington-post-ignores-truth-devine/

• Dislike 1

Complete, absolute Bunk.

Have you read the Washington Post article that this sensationalist drama queen from the Post is crying about? I have and she is vastly overstating what it says. It's not even a true 'fact check'  as the WP article doesn't actually state whether it believes that the NYPost article is true or not. It's more of an update on the situation. and the Washington Post gives us a sample of what the Biden/white house says, what their sources say, what the emails the NYPost listed says, and then basically leaves it there for you to draw conclusions from. Here is the article if you care:

When the New York Post released emails last fall from what it claimed was Hunter Biden’s laptop, The Fact Checker produced an explainer that turned out to be one of the most read articles in our 13-year history. A key question we examined was whether Hunter Biden, President Biden’s son, arranged for a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm to meet with the then-vice president when he was in charge of U.S. policy toward Ukraine. The date in question: April 16, 2015.

A campaign spokesman for Joe Biden had said a review of Biden’s schedule for that day found no record of any such meeting. Officials who worked for him in 2015 also told The Fact Checker that no such meeting took place.

Recently, a reader directed our attention to a May 26 New York Post report, featuring more emails, that was headlined: “Hunter Biden brought VP Joe to dinner with shady business partners.” The article suggested Joe Biden met with the Burisma executive, Vadym Pozharskyi, at a dinner that was held in the private “garden room” at Cafe Milano in Washington.

The reader, in a phone message, said it was time to update our report because new details had emerged from the laptop about the vice president’s movements that day. As the New York Post put it, “The dinner raises questions about how much Joe Biden, who has claimed ignorance of his son’s activities, knew about Hunter’s dealings with foreign businesses and government officials.”

But when we looked into it, there was less to the story than one might imagine.

Hunter Biden at the time was chairman of World Food Program USA, a fundraising arm of the U.N. humanitarian organization. Rick Leach, at the time the president and chief executive of WFP USA, said in a telephone interview that Joe Biden only dropped by briefly to meet with one of the guests, Alex Karloutsos, known as Father Alex. Until his recent retirement, Karloutsos was one of the most powerful figures in the Greek Orthodox Church in the United States.

A few hours earlier, Joe Biden had made remarks at the White House Greek Independence Day Reception, according to his official schedule. He and Karloutsos are personal friends who have known each other for 40 years. Karloutsos’s wife, Xanthi, is on the board of the Beau Biden Foundation, which fights child abuse. (Beau Biden, who had an aggressive form of brain cancer, died a few weeks after this dinner.)

Joe Biden, a Roman Catholic, also has a long history of working with the Greek Orthodox Church. In 2015, the church awarded him the Patriarch Athenagoras Humanitarian Award. “This may be the greatest honor I’ve ever received in my public life,” he declared.

Leach recalled that the dinner involved about 10 to 12 people in a private room but that Joe Biden “didn’t even sit down. He was not part of the dinner or part of the dinner discussion.” Instead, he just spoke to Karloutsos.

Karloutsos, in an email, confirmed Leach’s account. “That is true. It was very kind of the then VP to do so.”

Leach described Hunter Biden as an active board chairman of WFP USA. He said the two of them had a “tag-team presentation” as they made a pitch at various events for food assistance. One Hunter Biden email before the dinner remarked that “the reason for the dinner is ostensibly to discuss food security,” the New York Post said. But Leach said that was indeed the focus of the discussion. At the dinner, “there was no discussion of politics or business about anything or anywhere,” he said.

Leach said he found the introduction to Karloutsos to be helpful and he later followed up with a meeting in New York. At the time, Greece was flooded with refugees from Syria and Leach was eager to get the church involved. The New York Post article quotes an email from Leach to Hunter Biden later that night: “What a fantastic and productive evening — thank you!”

One mystery is why the drop-by was not listed on Joe Biden’s schedule. Not everything is always listed on a presidential or vice-presidential schedule. But the New York Post quotes from an email from Hunter Biden to Karloutsos’s son, Michael, on March 26: “Dad will be there but keep that between us for now.”

A White House individual with knowledge of Joe Biden’s schedules said the decision to see Father Alex was made late that day, after the schedule was completed. It’s unclear when the vice president learned Father Alex would be in town, but the decision was made that evening, the person added.

A tentative guest list for the event, as recounted in the New York Post from one of Hunter Biden’s emails three weeks before the dinner, did not include Pozharskyi. So it’s still unclear how the vice president could have met him, unless he was a last-minute addition. (Alex Karloutsos also is not included on that early list.) The Biden campaign, after a comprehensive review, had said a meeting never took place between Joe Biden and Pozharskyi. (Update, June 8: In a tweet condemning this article, the author of the New York Post story asserts that a “Vadym” on the tentative guest list refers to Pozharskyi, though no last name is listed.)

The tentative guest list does include “3 seats for our KZ [Kazakhstan] friends.” An unverified, undated and fuzzy photo emerged in November on a Kazakh website showing Joe Biden in a meet-and-greet photo with Hunter Biden, flanked by Kenes Rakishev, a Kazakh businessman, and Karim Massimov, a former prime minister of Kazakhstan. The Daily Mail reported in October that Hunter Biden had business dealings with Rakishev between 2012 and 2014.

Whether the photo, if genuine, was taken at the dinner is unclear.

“I recall that [Vice President Biden] engaged directly with Father Alex, who appeared to be a personal friend,” Leach said. “I do not recall any photos being taken or whether he spoke directly with anyone else at the table.”

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

It should be clear by now that the “fact-checking” industry exists only to denigrate conservative ideas and suppress news the left doesn’t want reported. It is an ideological weapon thinly disguised as objective analysis of empirical facts. 

It is used by partisan media outfits such as the Washington Post to accuse competitors of journalistic malpractice and justify their own errors and omissions. 

It is an insult to journalism.

This is 100% untrue and is easily disproven. I guess the New York Post never thought anyone would actually go to the Washington Post fact check website and take 2 minuets to see if it really is anti-conservative/pro-liberal. 

You can actually look yourself: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/

The Washington Post regularly fact checks Biden and points out when he or his administration tells a lie or exaggerates 

Just in the past weeks the fact checkers has gone after Biden multiple times, gone after Omar for a lie, gone after a progressive anti-racist for a lie about his past. 

In actual Fact at least here recently the Post fact checkers are going after liberals and progressives more than they are Conservatives. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Have you read the Washington Post article

For years. I find them to intentionally mislead often. Not a fan. I suspect they are doing the same here.

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

For years. I find them to intentionally mislead often. Not a fan. I suspect they are doing the same here.

I believe the New York Post is just still angry at the Washington Post for calling them out in April about that fake story the NYP made up about Kamala Harris’s book being given out as welcome packages to illegal immigrant children and her profiting off of it, when it turned out that they based the entire story off of a photograph of ‘one’ copy of Harris’s book that had been donated to an immigration center by a 3rd party that the Biden administration and Harris had nothing to do with. 

Maybe the NYpost needs to do more ‘fact checking’ of it’s own stories before it calls out other more legitimate news organizations.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I believe the New York Post is just still angry at the Washington Post for calling them out in April about that fake story the NYP made up about Kamala Harris’s book being given out as welcome packages to illegal immigrant children and her profiting off of it, when it turned out that they based the entire story off of a photograph of ‘one’ copy of Harris’s book that had been donated to an immigration center by a 3rd party that the Biden administration and Harris had nothing to do with. 

Maybe the NYpost needs to do more ‘fact checking’ of it’s own stories before it calls out other more legitimate news organizations.

Perhaps. IDK. I do know the intentional dishonesty of WAPO recently, so there's that and certainly why I posted it. 

But overall, the theme that struck me today as I perused various publications was media dishonesty and I ran with it. And BTW agree with the narrative.  

On 6/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Perhaps. IDK. I do know the intentional dishonesty of WAPO recently, so there's that and certainly why I posted it. 

But overall, the theme that struck me today as I perused various publications was media dishonesty and I ran with it. And BTW agree with the narrative.  

dude you reek of dishonesty when folks give you proof of stuff and you ignore it. you have been doing it for years. i still love you and your "no doubt in my military mind" thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

dude you reek of dishonesty when folks give you proof of stuff and you ignore it. you have been doing it for years. i still love you and your "no doubt in my military mind" thing.

Now fidy, WAPO has quite the reputation for false claims. I wouldn't blindly accept their opinions as fact. With regards to other so called "proof" we've discussed this previously. When so called "proof" earns Pinocchio's there is a problem. Just saying. Glad we can discuss without bitterness. 

Still respect that you understood the Memorial Day thread, accepted facts and liked the post. Props on that bro. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Now fidy, WAPO has quite the reputation for false claims. I wouldn't blindly accept their opinions as fact. With regards to other so called "proof" we've discussed this previously. When so called "proof" earns Pinocchio's there is a problem. Just saying. Glad we can discuss without bitterness. 

Still respect that you understood the Memorial Day thread, accepted facts and liked the post. Props on that bro. 

i am all about the truth 78. will you be willing to admit there are liars on both sides of the aisle? what branch were you in? navy here

• Like 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am all about the truth 78. will you be willing to admit there are liars on both sides of the aisle? what branch were you in? navy here

Absolutely willing to admit both sides lie. Without question. Not debatable. It is unfortunate and a big big problem.

Army. And BTW, thank you for your service!

• Like 1

i was a seventeen year old squirt who was homeless. i stood up but nam was pretty much over and i just made a lot of coffee.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Absolutely willing to admit both sides lie. Without question. Not debatable. It is unfortunate and a big big problem.

Army. And BTW, thank you for your service!

part 2. i never set foot on a ship in four years. and i have never forgotten how the majority of civilians treated troops. then i did not understand. now i get angry. we circled the wagon so to speak and we were fine. anyway going to save the world on elder scrolls online. have a great one...................

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was a seventeen year old squirt who was homeless. i stood up but nam was pretty much over and i just made a lot of coffee.

Ha! Again brother, thank you for your service and sacrifice. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 6:32 PM, aubiefifty said:

part 2. i never set foot on a ship in four years. and i have never forgotten how the majority of civilians treated troops. then i did not understand. now i get angry. we circled the wagon so to speak and we were fine. anyway going to save the world on elder scrolls online. have a great one...................

Well obviously I get angry about that too. (as if you have not noticed) lol

peace

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ha! Again brother, thank you for your service and sacrifice. 

you as well 78! i am sure you sacrificed way more than i ever did. i know a lot of what you gave up so remember when i say thanx i understand the sacrifice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you as well 78! i am sure you sacrificed way more than i ever did. i know a lot of what you gave up so remember when i say thanx i understand the sacrifice.

We all gave some. Some gave all.