Sean Jackson

TexasTiger

Jarquez Hunter And Sean Jackson were two big surprises tonight. I am optimistic our running back depth is better than thought. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AUBIE28 said:

Jarquez Hunter And Sean Jackson were two big surprises tonight. I am optimistic our running back depth is better than thought. 

Hunter was a steal as a 3 star, but Jackson as a freshman walk-on? 😲

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Give that man a scholarship.

Trussvegas represent. 

Gonna be real funny if he ends up having a better career than Armoni, the guy with all the plaudits who jumped ship for LSU when Gus was let go. They were a hell of a 1-2 punch at Trussville and Sean was every bit as valuable as Armoni was, especially when you needed those tough yards. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Dude is a hoss. Probably not your every down back, but damn he brings it!  Maybe the Jim Kiick for Auburn. All he does is score TD's.

More like Csonka or Riggins.

I'd heard if Sean would receive a scholarship this year it would have an impact on our numbers for this coming year...Jason Caldwell mentioned this the other day...

22 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

I'd heard if Sean would receive a scholarship this year it would have an impact on our numbers for this coming year...Jason Caldwell mentioned this the other day...

So be it. He fills a need. That said, if not this year, the next— before he transfers.

21 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

How did this guy seep thru the cracks? Man, we are lucky to have him as a walkon.

Overshadowed by Armoni.

He was a 3 star and one of those guys I thought would make a G5 team very happy, but he chose to walk-on with us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Overshadowed by Armoni.

He was a 3 star and one of those guys I thought would make a G5 team very happy, but he chose to walk-on with us. 

Supposedly only had one offer. One would think a savvy coach would notice him while watching film on Armoni.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Supposedly only had one offer. One would think a savvy coach would notice him while watching film on Armoni.

UAB, Arky State, UNA and Troy formally extended offers. Now whether or not all of those were commitable (UAB was, I know) I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

Despite his very hefty build he actually has decent speed. He's an absolute steal. Remember, coaches went 500 something days without being able to workout recruits or go see them in person.

The evaluations of the 2021 recruiting class are a little unreliable. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

UAB, Arky State, UNA and Troy formally extended offers. Now whether or not all of those were commitable (UAB was, I know) I can't say for sure.

If he turned down a guaranteed full ride to UAB to come to AU as a walk-on then I’m pulling for him even more. That is really some AU love right there. Give him a scholly!

• Like 7

On 9/5/2021 at 12:23 PM, NoALtiger said:

If he turned down a guaranteed full ride to UAB to come to AU as a walk-on then I’m pulling for him even more. That is really some AU love right there. Give him a scholly!

Corch Jay on another site knows him pretty well. Said he comes from a very nice family, very unselfish, said when they asked him to block for Armoni he bulked up and took the task with no complaints.  He was touting his wares well before he got to Auburn and was so hoping he would come, even without a scholly.  Seems it is working out for both, he got the chance, we got a good back, and he probably will get a scholly next year.

Did I hear one of the commentators Saturday say he ran like a little ball of anger.  Me thinks there is some NIL money out there with that moniker.  

14 minutes ago, trinidad tiger said:

Corch Jay on another site knows him pretty well. Said he comes from a very nice family, very unselfish, said when they asked him to block for Armoni he bulked up and took the task with no complaints.  He was touting his wares well before he got to Auburn and was so hoping he would come, even without a scholly.  Seems it is working out for both, he got the chance, we got a good back, and he probably will get a scholly next year.

Did I hear one of the commentators Saturday say he ran like a little ball of anger.  Me thinks there is some NIL money out there with that moniker.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4750vf41prbjtc2bhxgj