Kickoff time, channel options for Georgia

aubiefifty

Kickoff time, TV channel options announced for Auburn vs. Georgia

Updated: Sep. 27, 2021, 11:50 a.m. | Published: Sep. 27, 2021, 11:50 a.m.

Auburn cheerleader waves a flag after a score against Alabama State during the second half of an NCAA football game Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021, in Auburn, Ala. (AP Photo/Butch Dill)AP

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com

The 126th installment of the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry is set.

Auburn and Georgia’s annual cross-division rivalry game will kick off at either 11 a.m. and air on ESPN or at 2:30 p.m. and broadcast on CBS on Oct. 9 from Jordan-Hare Stadium, the SEC announced Monday. A final gametime and channel designation will be determined this weekend after the completion of Week 5′s games.

This year’s edition of the rivalry will mark the second straight season that the game is played in early October after decades of traditionally taking place in mid- to late-November.

Georgia leads the all-time series, 61-56-8, and has won four consecutive games against Auburn since the Tigers’ 40-17 win at Jordan-Hare Stadium during the teams’ regular-season meeting in 2017. The Bulldogs have won each of the last three regular-season games in the series, and they defeated the Tigers in the 2017 SEC Championship Game. Auburn is just 12-17-2 at home against Georgia all-time.

Before the teams meet on the Plains this season, No. 23 Auburn (3-1) will open SEC play this weekend on the road against LSU. No. 2 Georgia (4-0, 2-0 SEC) hosts No. 8 Arkansas (4-0, 1-0) in a top-10 matchup in Athens, Ga.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

• WarTiger changed the title to Kickoff time, channel options for Georgia

I can't fathom this game at 11:00 am. Probably indicative of how one sided this game has been as of late. We usually struggle in the early games too. Let's hope for 2:30 🤞

• Like 1

Basically, if GA handles the Hogs, we get 3:30. If the Hogs win, we need to impress vs LSU.

If both the Hogs AND Rebs pull shockers, we’re the early game no matter what we do.

That is going to be a tough day.  I have some Bammer in-laws coming out here to go to the A&M vs Turds game with us and Auburn will lose yet again to GA.  How can I hate and love football season so much...

• Haha 1

If we lose this one I might move on to b-ball. They’re only practicing but it would be just as fun.

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

That is going to be a tough day.  I have some Bammer in-laws coming out here to go to the A&M vs Turds game with us and Auburn will lose yet again to GA.  How can I hate and love football season so much...

May want to consider the 24 or even 48 hour flu. Depending on how long your in-laws plan to be in town.

13 hours ago, TigerTale said:

May want to consider the 24 or even 48 hour flu. Depending on how long your in-laws plan to be in town.

Tell 'em it's a stomach bug and it's explosive.    It's worked so many times with my mother-in-law, she's threatening to make me an appt with her gastroenterologist.  😉

• Haha 1