Project Veritas attempted to extort Biden interview by threatening to publish his daughter's diary

TitanTiger

This is a disgusting tactic regardless of the circumstance, but it's especially cruel and evil given that Ashley Biden was freshly in recovery for addiction.  This is what happens when your political commitments become your god.  This is a darkness of the heart that corrodes a human's soul.

FGv4RPyXIAEqFBG.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/16/us/politics/ashley-biden-project-veritas-diary.html

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, TitanTiger said:

Is this the child trafficking ring QAnon was prophesying about?

This you?

On 12/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, TitanTiger said:

What are you muttering about?

He's trying to frame you as a hypocrite for, I dunno, some reason. 

Honestly I have no clue. 

• Haha 2

On 12/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, TitanTiger said:

This is a disgusting tactic regardless of the circumstance, but it's especially cruel and evil given that Ashley Biden was freshly in recovery for addiction.  This is what happens when your political commitments become your god.  This is a darkness of the heart that corrodes a human's soul.

FGv4RPyXIAEqFBG.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/16/us/politics/ashley-biden-project-veritas-diary.html

Were all his kids addicts?

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Were all his kids addicts?

At least two had addiction issues. 

I think it should be noted that the document made it into the hands of O’Keefe’s organization, Project Veritas, which never published anything on the subject and eventually turned the document over to police. Regardless, the FBI raided O'Keefe's home and some of his associates. 

First Amendment advocates, contend prosecutors appear to have run roughshod over Justice Department media policies and a federal law protecting journalists. 

"The Department of Justice’s use of a search warrant to seize a reporter’s notes and work product violates decades of established Supreme Court precedent," O’Keefe lawyer Paul Calli wrote to prosecutors.

Manhattan-based U.S. District Court Judge Analisa Torres issued a one-page order giving prosecutors one day to confirm they have "paused [their] extraction and review of the contents" of O’Keefe's cell phones.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

We'll have to see what they are accusing O'Keefe or Veritas of first before saying any 1st amendment rights are being violated here. 

Even Journalists aren't allowed to break the law. 

At best Veritas and O'Keefe are unethical, and untrustworthy "journalists" , but that still doesn't mean the government the right to raid them without very good cause. Hopefully the government isn't overstepping here and has good reason for the raid. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We'll have to see what they are accusing O'Keefe or Veritas of first before saying any 1st amendment rights are being violated here. 

At best Veritas and O'Keefe are unethical, and untrustworthy "journalists" , but that still doesn't mean the government the right to raid them without very good cause. Hopefully the government isn't overstepping here and has good reason for the raid. 

By breaking the law do you mean exposing the truth about planned parenthood, abortion and other leftists. Unethical is trying to prevent the truth from the public. Leftists cannot allow that or they will lose their support base.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

By breaking the law do you mean exposing the truth about planned parenthood, abortion and other leftists. Unethical is trying to prevent the truth from the public. Leftists cannot allow that or they will lose their support base.

Being in possession of something reported stolen is a no-no, media or not. We'd react the same way if some leftist stole Tiffany or Barron's diary.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:55 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

The big question is how it got to O'Keefe and his merry band of morons. 

On 12/21/2021 at 5:59 PM, AUFAN78 said:

At least two had addiction issues. 

I think it should be noted that the document made it into the hands of O’Keefe’s organization, Project Veritas, which never published anything on the subject and eventually turned the document over to police. Regardless, the FBI raided O'Keefe's home and some of his associates. 

First Amendment advocates, contend prosecutors appear to have run roughshod over Justice Department media policies and a federal law protecting journalists. 

"The Department of Justice’s use of a search warrant to seize a reporter’s notes and work product violates decades of established Supreme Court precedent," O’Keefe lawyer Paul Calli wrote to prosecutors.

Manhattan-based U.S. District Court Judge Analisa Torres issued a one-page order giving prosecutors one day to confirm they have "paused [their] extraction and review of the contents" of O’Keefe's cell phones.

Well the two that are alive. 

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Being in possession of something reported stolen is a no-no, media or not. We'd react the same way if some leftist stole Tiffany or Barron's diary.

The big question is how it got to O'Keefe and his merry band of morons. 

That has already been explained by O’keefe and it was not stolen. Nor was it published as far as I know.  I don’t recall that it was reported stolen.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

That has already been explained by O’keefe and it was not stolen. Nor was it published as far as I know.  I don’t recall that it was reported stolen.

I'm not one to take O'Keefe at his word.

They reported it stolen in October 2020 to the DOJ.

A conservative site called "National File" published some excepts last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1