Nix Going to Oregon

Proud Tiger

It's kind of telling that no one here with all the opinions, speculation, sources and inside info even mentioned the possibility of Bo going to Oregon. Lesson learned. I for sure never thought about Oregon especially after Christobal left. Now he at least has a shot at playing in the CFP next year, something AU has little chance of doing. I'm just glad he is going somewhere that we don't play. 

My wife is an Oregon St. grad, and a converted big AU fan, so she's  not happy about him going to the Ducks.😀

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 3

Weird choice of a place to go.  It makes  me think that he really didn’t have it all lined up from the get go.  If he wanted to play for Cristobal, he left. He couldn’t have known Dillingham was headed to Oregon. 🤔 Nobody knew Lanning was going there. This may not be as well thought out as I thought it was.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Auburn has every bit as much chance of playing in the BCS as Oregon next year. 

:poke:

I wish but tell you what,,,,,,if AU is in the final four for the NC playoffs after next season I will donate $500 to the operation of this board or your favorite charity if you will do the same for me if they don't

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Weird choice of a place to go.  It makes  me think that he really didn’t have it all lined up from the get go.  If he wanted to play for Cristobal, he left. He couldn’t have known Dillingham was headed to Oregon. 🤔 Nobody knew Lanning was going there. This may not be as well thought out as I thought it was.  

One of my best friends is a Duck fan. The first thing he mentioned is that they have 3 Four Star redshirt freshmen already. Said one of them in particular is supposed to be spectacular. Could be more competitive to start there than Bo thought. I wish him well though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

I wish but tell you what,,,,,,if AU is in the BCS after next season I will donate $500 to the operation of this board or your favorite charity if you will do the same for me if they don't

Umm ain’t no BCS no mo’. If you mean “CFP” then you might wanna modernize yo’ terminology. 😀

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Umm ain’t no BCS no mo’. If you mean “CFP” then you might wanna modernize yo’ terminology. 😀

True. I meant the CFP after next season. So noted. Thank you.

Wonder if he’s after the Nike NIL money. Or wants a job with Nike. 🤔 Wonder if his fiancée will follow him up there, or if she’s going to grad school there, so he followed her.  Wonder how she feels about all this and if they’ll make it. 
Sorry, these are the kind of things a woman think about.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

One of my best friends is a Duck fan. The first thing he mentioned is that they have 3 Four Star redshirt freshmen already. Said one of them in particular is supposed to be spectacular. Could be more competitive to start there than Bo thought. I wish him well though. 

My guess is that there was an understanding between Bo and the new Ducks staff before he committed to it.  Transferring to a team where he might not get the starting job would be rather foolish on his part.  I can see the new staff wanting to bring in an experienced transfer, rather than working to start one of a trio of freshmen.

42 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Maybe Bo had some of that so-called insider info.😀

Seriously, Dillingham was named as their OC Friday so he did know.

Edited by Proud Tiger

30 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Oregon has as many appearances in the CFP as Auburn. None. 

Well that's false

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I really don't understand this and I'm sorry to see Bo go. If he stays healthy, we beat Miss State and Bama and it's a hell of a year. Yeah, I'd like to have Trevor Lawrence but he's not available.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Wonder if he’s after the Nike NIL money. Or wants a job with Nike. 🤔 Wonder if his fiancée will follow him up there, or if she’s going to grad school there, so he followed her.  Wonder how she feels about all this and if they’ll make it. 
Sorry, these are the kind of things a woman think about.  😂

I reread this as a narrator would read a teaser for a TV serial's next episode. It made me laugh. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I really don't understand this and I'm sorry to see Bo go. If he stays healthy, we beat Miss State and Bama and it's a hell of a year. Yeah, I'd like to have Trevor Lawrence but he's not available.

He wasn't kicked off the team, he chose to leave Auburn. The guy is a 3 year starter and bailed when he was told he would have to compete for the starting job. So he either isn't confident in his ability or he is arrogant enough to think the spot should just be granted to him. Based on that video he put out, the answer is obvious to me. If we are worse off next year at QB then so be it, I am fine with our parting of ways. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 2