The Vaccine Moments, Parts 2 and 3

SLAG-91

Essays from British writer Paul Kingsnorth. Long, but I think are worth the read. 

Part 2: Narrative fracture, and other thoughts

Quoted regarding his Part 1

"Some people thought they were reading an ‘anti-vaccine essay’, despite the fact that I’d specifically said otherwise. Others thought that my opposition to the coercive measures being employed around the world right now meant I would be on board with this or that florid theory of their own making.

I am hardly the only one to have experienced this: it’s a situation, as many have written to tell me, that is experienced daily across the world right now, in families, in workplaces, online. In particular, those who deviate from what I called the Narrative - the establishment story about covid and the response to it - can expect short shrift or worse. It is a difficult and frightening time for many even to venture out with questions which go against the grain of the official wisdom."

Part 3: Where do we go from here? (Or are we already there)

(Klaus Schwab wrote a book titled Covid-19: The Great Reset)

"Interestingly, Schwab openly observes, in a claim which might land anyone else a Youtube ban, that covid is ‘one of the least deadly pandemics the world has experienced over the last 2000 years’ and that ‘the consequences … in terms of health and mortality will be mild.’ The really lasting consequences, he writes, will not be wrought by the virus itself, but by the response to it."

That last part I bolded has been weighing heavily on me for many, many months, and I agree completely with it.

• Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, I've lost a significant amount of lung function on my right side and my wife has been recently diagnosed with heart failure, so please excuse us for taking it seriously.

Sorry to hear that. I have a close family member who has recently been dealing with heart failure too and i worry about her getting it. 

And of course in my office a person i work with who isn't vaxxed and never wears a mask recently tested positive of course right before the holidays. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, I've lost a significant amount of lung function on my right side and my wife has been recently diagnosed with heart failure, so please excuse us for taking it seriously.

Terrible news. Sorry to hear.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Terrible news. Sorry to hear.

Thanks. How's your son doing?  I think about him frequently in these "pandemic discussions". Don't know if he is particularly susceptible because of his condition, but I certainly hope not.

One thing has become obvious, we're all likely to get infected from the Omicron variant.

Edited by homersapien

37 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Thanks. How's your son doing.  I think about him frequently in these "pandemic discussions". Don't know if he is particularly susceptible because of his condition, but I certainly hope not.

One thing has become obvious, we're all likely to get infected from the Omicron variant.

Thank you for asking.  The past two +years has been a struggle, but we're resilient.  

He contracted covid around Thanksgiving last year, was almost symptom free and completely well within two or three days. 

We (Us and the hematologist) are hesitant with the vax because we just don't know yet how it will effect/interact.  So he's protected, but not as protected as the rest of the family.

• Like 2

We're waiting for the EUA to get our 4 year old vaxxed. Everyone else in the house with the exception of our 12 year old, who has received both rounds of Pfizer, has received at least one booster.