Whose ready for 2022?

AUloggerhead

It's customary at this time to reflect on the past year & prepare to greet the new year.  When I look back on 2021, I'm happy to report my youngest son earned his Masters degree in teaching, and I'm so glad that part of his journey is complete.  But ... ... the rest of 2021 has not been as joyful and I'm so ready to get to 2022!  Happy New Year to all(!)  

Im In A Rut GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Congrats to your son!

If he's planning on teaching as a career, God bless him. We need some reinforcements in the trenches. This old-ish soldier has about had his fill...the 2020-21 school year would have retired me if I were eligible, and this school year is pushing even more toward the door. Several co-workers and coaching sponsors who I've known for years are hanging it up in '22.

I'll leave the kind words about 2021 to others. Hopefully 2022 doesn't unfold like Soylent Green (which was set in...2022)

16407955627536914670024457346959.jpg

2 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Congrats to your son!

If he's planning on teaching as a career, God bless him. We need some reinforcements in the trenches. This old-ish soldier has about had his fill...the 2020-21 school year would have retired me if I were eligible, and this school year is pushing even more toward the door. Several co-workers and coaching sponsors who I've known for years are hanging it up in '22.

I'll leave the kind words about 2021 to others. Hopefully 2022 doesn't unfold like Soylent Green (which was set in...2022)

16407955627536914670024457346959.jpg

Thanks, slag.  He started as a substitute & then got a job pretty quick after that -- seems to be a lot more burn-out issues up here as well.