Softball vs South Carolina 2022

Looks like she made it safe but her hand came off the bag. Should be overturned.

Edit: Yup, stupid attempt at a steal and we ran ourselves out of a scoring position opportunity.

3-3 T7th

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Batter out. Foot was out of the box when she swung.

Penta falls behind 3-0, a couple pitches just outside. Comes back and gets a 3-2 count before losing the batter and giving up a walk.

Weak ground out for out 2. Runner advances to 2nd. Nice play by Ellis at 1st to snag the grounder and step on 1st! Penta's fired up. Bryant's fired up! Whole team is fired up!

Roach, Peralta, Garcia coming up. Heart of the lineup to win it!

3-3 B7th

Roach flies out for out 1.

Damn! Peralta with a pop up to SS.

Same pitch not called for Penta multiple times the last couple innings and it's called on Blaine for strike 2. Blaine then grounds out to the pitcher. More free softball.

3-3 T8th

Extras hurt us last time. Hopefully we win it in the bottom half before it drags out 

• Like 1

Scary fly ball but it dies right at the wall for out 1.

Penta with a strikeout! Her 7th of the night.

Man, another scary flyball to center but it's caught at the wall.

Garcia, Ellis, Godwin coming up for Auburn. Lets go get this W. I'm tired and need to shower before bed. lol

3-3 B8th

Ellis with a 4 pitch walk to get the rally started. Abbey Smith running for Ellis.

Wow ... 1 pitch and Godwin grounds into a double play to the pitcher. :(

3-3 T9th

I'll miss the next half inning of updates as I'm going to take a shower.

Geez.  Right back to her.  Be patient. She's thrown 140 pitches

• Like 1

Didn't see it play out but:

Ground out, strikeout, another Peralta error, a stolen base, and a ground out to Peralta to end the inning. More fielding miscues.

Bryant, McCondichie, Packer up.

3-3 B9th

Edit: They changed the error to a single. So Peralta didn't have 2 errors this game.

Edited by tgrogan21

Another 2 out error on a hot hit to Peralta (probably a bit unfair to call error there) but she redeems herself on next batter on a hot ground out to third.  3 outs no runs. 

Geraghty in to pinch run for Bryant.

McCondichie with a nice bunt to the pitcher to advance Geraghty. Packer can win it with a single.

Cox hitting for Roach. She strikes out. Can't believe that we're not able to hit off this pitcher after seeing her this long. I got it wrong earlier, she didn't throw 160+ on Saturday. She only thew 147 ... but she's thrown 151 tonight.

3-3 T10th

Ahhhhhh. Well I can't stay up to watch it.  😕 hope they pull it off.  Really don't want to lose this series.

• Like 1

7 pitch AB before the batter hits it to 1B and Ellis makes the jumping catch.

2 pitch pop up to Bryant.

3 pitch groundout to Penta.

Seriously, lets go and end it, ladies. I'm tired and want to go to bed. :P Peralta, Blaine, Garcia up.

3-3 B10th

18 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Another 2 out error on a hot hit to Peralta (probably a bit unfair to call error there) but she redeems herself on next batter on a hot ground out to third.  3 outs no runs. 

Know you went to bed and if you don't see my edit but the announcer mentioned it in the 10th that Peralta's error was changed to a hit.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

THERE WE GOOOOOOO!!!!!

PERALTA WITH A LEADOFF WALK OFF HOMERUN!!!!! HER SECOND OF THE GAME!

4-3 AUBURN WINS

Whew.  So relieved.  That's why she's in the lineup.  Dean said he's looking for offensive skill first, then fill in the gaps. 

• Like 1

Tip of the hat to both pitchers.  Penta seemed so determined in the last couple of innings.  Last year, some of those calls by the umpire would have caused her to implode.  Better focus this year.  

Funny quote by CMD: "How about this group of young kids?" Head coach Mickey Dean said. "It's so fun much to watch. It's like going to the beach every day. They didn't get down when we couldn't push runs across and that gave me all the confidence that I needed. They were going to keep playing and get the job done when they had to."

Edited by slot canyon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Whew.  So relieved.  That's why she's in the lineup.  Dean said he's looking for offensive skill first, then fill in the gaps. 

I think she's better at 3B than she is at SS. A lot of her problems came in the field when she was at SS and she's now working at a new position. There will be growing pains but I've been impressed with how she's played the end of the Saturday game, Sunday, and then last night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I think she's better at 3B than she is at SS. A lot of her problems came in the field when she was at SS and she's now working at a new position. There will be growing pains but I've been impressed with how she's played the end of the Saturday game, Sunday, and then last night.

Agreed.  She fits the 3rd base better and it allows another hitter in the lineup from that infield group.  Well I guess her and Sydney just switch but there are more fielding options at SS than the hot corner. 

Edited by AUBwins