Softball vs South Carolina 2022

Lowe is hurt. Sam is hurt. Penta and KK are healthy at the moment. As for McCondichie she should be on the field. Even struggling her BA is the best on the team. Peralta may need to sit for a while to gain focus...IMO

• Like 1

GODWIN SINGLES! Blaine and Garcia score!!!! Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs!

8-2 Auburn! COME ON 2 more runs to have the opportunity to close it out next inning!

Edited by tgrogan21

Geraghty with a strike out looking. I still hope this is only a 1 game start for her. Nothing against her but McCondichie is better in that 9 hole.

11-2 Auburn T5th. 3 outs from getting out of here early for Basketball!

Edited by tgrogan21

1 minute ago, TD1 said:

I really hope that we can play like this tomorrow and get the series win. 

I think yesterday was an anomaly. Players aren't going to play perfect all season. Yesterday was just a lot of players playing bad at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's officially softball season for Auburn now. :D Time for my heart to be broken again.

Nope.  I like this team.  Sleeper cell team lol

3 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

THERE IT IS!!! DENVER BRYANT WITH THE BOOOOOOOOMB!!!!!!

11-2 AUBURN!!!!!!!!!

Garcia is right. Can't find it.  That was absolutely crushed.  Denver is carrying some serious swagger with her at bats.  Reminds me of Rhodes! 

If that net wasn't there to stop it lol

Oh and Blaine just looks like a bad*ss softball player doesn't she.  That girl has been raking it lately, and usually with girls on base. 

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Really don't get having Geraghty starting. McCondichie has been great in that 9 hole all season.

I watched the game on reply and saw McCondichie; she didn't look well.  We may see her back Monday; if not, I would think next game for sure.

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Nope.  I like this team.  Sleeper cell team lol

I love this team and I keep saying this but I definitely have to eat crow on Dean. Been hard on him since he arrived but whatever he did this offseason worked. We have a talented core of freshmen and our returning players have improved so much. But it's still Auburn so I'm ready for the pain. lol

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Garcia is right. Can't find it.  That was absolutely crushed.  Denver is carrying some serious swagger with her at bats.  Reminds me of Rhodes! 

If that net wasn't there to stop it lol

Yeah, I wish they would have shown the entire bat flip because I know it was gonna be awesome. Denver's energy is so contagious and she gets hyped for every single good play no matter how small.

3 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I watched the game on reply and saw McCondichie; she didn't look well.  We may see her back Monday; if not, I would think next game for sure.

I hope so. I didn't think she looked unwell but I wasn't paying that much attention to her when she came in to pinch run. Maybe she just needed a day off. Or maybe Dean was just tweaking things to figure out what works and what doesn't.

• Like 2

Going for the series win starting in about 5 minutes!

Penta is on the mound, McCondichie is back in the starting lineup, and Peralta is staying at 3rd.

Nice snag by Roach at SS for out 1.

Penta struggling with control. First batter got to a 3-2 count, the 2nd batter walked, and then a ball on the first pitch of the 3rd at bat. Dean comes out to talk to her.

Next pitch and it's an easy ground out but Roach with a throwing error. More trouble in the field on that left side.

Runners on the corner with 1 out. Auburn lets the runner steal 2nd. HUGE strikeout for out 2!!! Groundout to Peralta to get out of the inning!

Packer, Roach, Peralta up for Auburn

0-0 B1st

• Like 1

Packer with a great at bat to start Auburn's lineup. 8 pitches thrown and she draws a walk!

A 10 pitch at bat by Roach and she strikes out looking. That was a VERY late call by the home ump and Packer almost got thrown out going back to 1st.

This is the same pitcher that threw 160+ pitches on Saturday.

Screamer to LF by Peralta but it hangs on just enough for the fielder to get to it. Packer with an easy stolen base.

Blaine draws another walk! This umpire is a bit annoying with these slow calls. Garcia just misses a homer but it's foul down the left field line.

Garcia with another 3-2 walk! This pitcher has already thrown 33 pitches after a long day on Saturday. Bases loaded and time to make some serious noise in the 1st!

4 pitches, 4 balls, and it's an RBI walk for Ellis!

Extremely long mound visit for South Carolina. Not a fan of this South Carolina coach. She's done this multiple times this series where she just delays the game.

Darn, Godwin flies out and ends the inning. Really wish we would have gotten some more runs there.

1-0 Auburn T2nd

Bryant draws another 3-2 count but strikes out.

McCondichie comes back in the line up and hits a single on the first pitch!

Packer with another 3-2 count strikeout. :(

Roach with a ground out to the pitcher. A lot of pitches thrown by this pitcher but she's done a good job working around danger.

1-0 Auburn T3rd

Groundout to 3B, 1 out walk. But then a lineout to Peralta who throws to 1st for a double play. Great fielding from Peralta this game after a rough weekend.

Peralta, Blaine, Garcia up

1-0 Auburn B3rd

Peralta with a leadoff DOUBLE!!

Blaine draws another walk! Big opportunity to extend this lead!

Garcia tries to bunt and it goes to the pitcher who bobbles it. Rough night for her after a pretty good outing on Saturday.

Bases loaded no outs. Cooper runs for Blaine!