Softball vs South Carolina 2022

I think that's a waste of pinch runner.  Time for BriBomb!

3-2 count for Ellis. She smoked one just foul. Foul out and not deep enough to advance. Fielder bobbled the catch but still caught it.

Godwin with a weak grounder to 3rd and they go home with it. This will be awful if we can't get 1 run here.

Edited by tgrogan21

Lead off walk and a weak little blooper close to the RF line that Bryant can't make the diving catch on. Runners on 1st and 2nd no outs. If we give up a lead it's gonna be very annoying after not being able to do anything with runners on base.

See if we can get out of bases loaded no out now

smh an 0-2 count and it's a grounder to 2B. Nice play by Bryant with the shovel pass to get the out but the runner scores and other runners move up.

1-1

Penta goes up 0-2 but falls behind with 3 straight balls.

Comes back and gets a strike out looking.

Next pitch and it's a 2 RBI triple. :(

3-1 South Carolina. Seeing just why we need to take advantage of opportunities when we get them.

You can tell we have a team of freshmen when watching Mickey Dean interviews lol

I know I don't make my living coaching softball, but I cannot understand CMD's reasoning.  You have your entire outfield defense set up for a speedy batter to hit in the opposite direction and you call a changeup to speed up her bat so she can pull the ball.  SMH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

McCondichie flies out.

Packer grounds out. Off the pitchers glove to the SS and still gets the speedy Packer.

Ground out to 1st by Roach.

This pitcher has all the confidence now after last inning. She's struggled all night and we've done nothing to capitalize on it.

3-1 South Carolina T5th

Edited by tgrogan21

4 pitch walk. Great.

Doesn't matter as the runner is out for leaving the base early. South Carolina coaches aren't happy. It's definitely the right call, though. She left early.

Ground out to 3rd for out 2.

Penta and Dean been unhappy with the strike zone. Seems to be getting squeezed on some of these pitches. Ground out that's bobbled a bit but Denver is able to recover and get the runner out.

Peralta, Blaine, Garcia coming up.

3-1 South Carolina B5th

Edited by tgrogan21

Blaine reaches on a throwing error by the pitcher. Then gets caught in a rundown and gets tagged out by the catcher who ran all the way out to the base path between 1st and 2nd.

Play under review for ... something? They might get Blaine for lowering a shoulder a bit on the tag. Would be a dumb play to get removed from the game. Shouldn't even be reviewed.

Edit: Waste of time from the umps. Dumbest review I've ever seen.

Edited by tgrogan21

Nice strikeout looking to start the inning. Hard hit infield single to 3rd. Pop up to Roach at SS. Stolen base but doesn't matter as a ground out to 2B ends it.

Godwin, Bryant, and McCondichie are coming up to bat. Need to get this rally started.

3-2 South Carolina B6th

Lisenby hitting for Godwin. She's been struggling at the plate every time she comes in to hit. Hope she can start the rally off.

Nope, a strike out for Lisenby. Hate to see her struggling at the plate because she started off pretty good.

DENVER BRYANT AGAAAAAAAAIN!!!!

3-3 TIED GAME

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ground out to 2B by McCondichie.

That homer by Bryant was Auburn's 44nd of the year. A reminder that we had 22 last year.

Packer gets hit by a pitch. South Carolina pitcher has thrown 124 pitches this game and over 160 on Saturday. She's grinding it out.

Packer STEALS second!!

Wow! Roach with a foul ball that was only foul by about 2 feet or it would have been a double easily.

Packer steals third but it's going to get reviewed. It's very close