Kessler NIL Deal

Tigermike

22 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

This seems interesting.  If he was ready to take bigger dollars, it would make sense to just declare for the draft and sign a much larger deal.  Could this be a play at coming back with NIL $$$?

Some players may prefer another year of college life, if there is enough NIL money to make it work. The NIL may not have to match the NBA dollar for dollar as long as it's enough to make life better. Another thing, I cannot imagine that the Kessler family is having to pinch pennys anyway.

• Like 1

But if he's a first rounder, that's a guaranteed contract. I'm guessing this is a hedge against some unexpectedly poor draft feedback. If he gets the feedback most expect (high-teens, low-20s), he'd be crazy to come back.

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

But if he's a first rounder, that's a guaranteed contract. I'm guessing this is a hedge against some unexpectedly poor draft feedback. If he gets the feedback most expect (high-teens, low-20s), he'd be crazy to come back.

HEY!   Hey, hey...shhhhh.  go delete your post!  

If he reads that, he may just go to the NBA.   Right now, I am believing he is coming back until Adam "the twig" Sliver calls his name for the draft. 

Has any draft-eligible player ever in the history of the NBA draft, been projected in the top 20, and still go back to college anyway?

Im just curious to see how historic a Kess for one more year situation would be.  Again, it seems very highly unlikely, but it would be awesome if he did!

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Has any draft-eligible player ever in the history of the NBA draft, been projected in the top 20, and still go back to college anyway?

Im just curious to see how historic a Kess for one more year situation would be.  Again, it seems very highly unlikely, but it would be awesome if he did!

Tim Duncan, Al Horford and Joakim Noah, Buddy Hield, and Shaq are a few that come to mind. The Joakim Noah and Al Horford one is interesting since they were teammates and were a huge reason for 2 other starters coming back and Florida being the last program to win the National Championship in back-to-back years.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Tim Duncan, Al Horford and Joakim Noah, Buddy Hield, and Shaq are a few that come to mind. The Joakim Noah and Al Horford one is interesting since they were teammates and were a huge reason for 2 other starters coming back and Florida being the last program to win the National Championship in back-to-back years.

Thanks!    So, you’re telling me there’s a chance…😁

3 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Thanks!    So, you’re telling me there’s a chance…😁

I think it’s better of a chance than some people think. With the NIL it makes sense for certain players to come back and Kessler just signed a deal with dunkaroos. If Kess falls to the 2nd round he might not make more than he could with NIL deals. 

Edited by tgrogan21
Typo
  • Like 2

Kessler, in my opinion, needs to get stronger and develop more offensively.  If he could develop more low post skills and increase his 3 pt shooting, he would be a lottery pick next year.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So Kessler gets new deal then declares for draft?  Seems strange

Do we even know if it was exclusively a college thing? They had Miles Bridges, a NBA player, announce Kessler's signing on their feed iirc. You're probably either keeping it going into the league or maybe they knew he was coming out early 

On 4/5/2022 at 7:36 PM, LKEEL75 said:

So Kessler gets new deal then declares for draft?  Seems strange

Or was it a marketing genius thing to do?