Government employees receiving kickbacks

GoAU

Wanted to speak directly to this example of St. Faucci, but also on the broader topic of government employees getting their palms greased.   We know it happens whether “royalty” payments from big pharma, payments to “foundations”, selling “art”, or putting peopl or their relatives in BS jobs or board positions.   In any private company this would be considered a conflict of interest and likely result in immediate termination.   

As to the “royalty payments” that St. Faucci and his minions received - these should be paid to the employer, in this case the US government.   When you are working for an employer and develop something related to your job, or as part of your job that intellectual property becomes the property of the employer.  It was developed as part of your job (which you are compensated for, using the employers time and resources.  

Assuming this is illegal (I believe it is, but admittedly am not 100% certain) it needs to be investigated and prosecuted.  

• Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the highest-paid federal bureaucrat, received 23 royalty payments. (Fauci’s 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $456,028).
  • Francis Collins, NIH director from 2009-2021, received 14 payments. (Collins’ 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $203,500)
  • Clifford Lane, Fauci’s deputy at NIAID, received 8 payments. (Lane’s 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $325,287)

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/did-fauci-and-collins-receive-royalty-payments-from-drug-companies/

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

Wanted to speak directly to this example of St. Faucci, but also on the broader topic of government employees getting their palms greased.   We know it happens whether “royalty” payments from big pharma, payments to “foundations”, selling “art”, or putting peopl or their relatives in BS jobs or board positions.   In any private company this would be considered a conflict of interest and likely result in immediate termination.   

As to the “royalty payments” that St. Faucci and his minions received - these should be paid to the employer, in this case the US government.   When you are working for an employer and develop something related to your job, or as part of your job that intellectual property becomes the property of the employer.  It was developed as part of your job (which you are compensated for, using the employers time and resources.  

Assuming this is illegal (I believe it is, but admittedly am not 100% certain) it needs to be investigated and prosecuted.  

• Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the highest-paid federal bureaucrat, received 23 royalty payments. (Fauci’s 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $456,028).
  • Francis Collins, NIH director from 2009-2021, received 14 payments. (Collins’ 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $203,500)
  • Clifford Lane, Fauci’s deputy at NIAID, received 8 payments. (Lane’s 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $325,287)

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/did-fauci-and-collins-receive-royalty-payments-from-drug-companies/

Instead of basing your entire argument on an assumption, why not do a little investigation into that first?

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Boy, the "National Review" has really got a long running political vendetta against Fauci!

I’m not particularly well versed with the site - I heard about this on the radio and Googled the topic to have a link to post to.  There are several to choose from, but all have the same gist.  23 Payments made to St. Faucci, but the amounts are currently unavailable.  

22 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I’m not particularly well versed with the site - I heard about this on the radio and Googled the topic to have a link to post to.  There are several to choose from, but all have the same gist.  23 Payments made to St. Faucci, but the amounts are currently unavailable.  

Sure, begging the question is stock and trade.  You wouldn't know that since you do not ingest much of the right wing propaganda.

The lack of transparency is disturbing.  I can't see any legitimate reason to hide the payment amounts and the entities making the payments.  Frankly, I'm shocked that it's not available. This is 3rd world stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

The lack of transparency is disturbing.  I can't see any legitimate reason to hide the payment amounts and the entities making the payments.  Frankly, I'm shocked that it's not available. This is 3rd world stuff.

I’m not shocked at all. Our government is on the verge of third world corrupt. 

• Like 1