The 2024 Republican Ticket

TexasTiger

As unlikely as it is, if Republicans wanted to win a landslide in 2024, a Larry Hogan/Will Hurd ticket would do that. A reasonable conservative, Hogan had a 77% approval rating in a blue state and Hurd was the first Republican to win his district in a Presidential year in a while. This ticket would win back the suburbs and retain the rural areas. Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

As unlikely as it is, if Republicans wanted to win a landslide in 2024, a Larry Hogan/Will Hurd ticket would do that. A reasonable conservative, Hogan had a 77% approval rating in a blue state and Hurd was the first Republican to win his district in a Presidential year in a while. This ticket would win back the suburbs and retain the rural areas. Thoughts? 

Like the ticket, but disagree with the assertion they could win in a landslide much less win back suburbs and maintain the rural vote. Locally is one thing, nationally is another. 

I do agree the ticket is unlikely. There is always hope.

31 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Like the ticket, but disagree with the assertion they could win in a landslide much less win back suburbs and maintain the rural vote. Locally is one thing, nationally is another. 

I do agree the ticket is unlikely. There is always hope.

Depends on how they handle the abortion issue. 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:01 PM, TexasTiger said:

Depends on how they handle the abortion issue. 

They haven't kissed the ring of Trump.  Therefore, they cannot win the nomination. 

That said, I do like the idea.

• Like 1