2023 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

On 2/10/2023 at 10:08 PM, AUBwins said:

Noticed they use the new font on the uniform. Don't like. 

Agree. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blakem said:

Katelyn Jong can come to Auburn after should she go to the Olympics. She won’t be a freshman until the 2025 season. Suni could come back but has announced she will not.

Question? Do you think Katelyn makes it/selected for the Olympics?

i think she can most definitely. But kind of a toss up because other gymnasts that was listed above might get in over Katelyn. You never know..

17 hours ago, Kehnz said:

i think she can most definitely. But kind of a toss up because other gymnasts that was listed above might get in over Katelyn. You never know..

I’m not sure if she could or not. There are so many talented gymnasts around her age that it would be extremely tough.

I just hope DiCello makes it so we do not have to compete against here next year.  Wong too of course lol

18 hours ago, Kehnz said:

Katelyn won't make the team but the she will be at U.S. Nationals which is already a great achievement. 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

Katelyn won't make the team but the she will be at U.S. Nationals which is already a great achievement. 

Most the gymnast listed to compete in the Trials would still have College Eligibility?? If so, I doubt most of them come back and just focus on the pro career. It would be nice if some of them came back. But it would probably be tough with scholarships, etc.

3 hours ago, Kehnz said:

Most the gymnast listed to compete in the Trials would still have College Eligibility?? If so, I doubt most of them come back and just focus on the pro career. It would be nice if some of them came back. But it would probably be tough with scholarships, etc.

As long as they don't accept money, they can always come back. I think some of them will return to NCAA. However, I don't think Jordan or Suni will return to NCAA but I could see Jade returning. Anyways, I still hope that Suni might miss NCAA and Auburn and eventually decide to compete for another year. She has a new major now (Physical Activity & Health) and maybe she wants to be a coach in the future. However, I highly doubt she would return to Auburn should she win another 1-2 gold medals. In this case, she would likely focus on her personal brand and other projects (maybe fashion, entertainment, or even sports broadcasting).

Edited by AUreo

21 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Btw, no AU gymnastics tonight.

Next meet:

Feb 19 (Sun)

Columbia, Mo.
5:00 PM
SEC

Coach said on the Podcast that this meet on Sunday, was pretty good for the squad when you just went through the grueling gauntlet in the 1st half and now your entering the back-half of the season. When you get your squad a little but of rest for an extra day or 2. I would say this meet AWAY you must get a big score. A win is nice I think we could win but with.. Away meets in the SEC it’s never Favorable for the Away side. Thoughts?

• Like 1

AUBURN, Ala. – The No. 5 Auburn gymnastics team will travel to No. 16 Missouri for a Sunday meet, February 19. The two Tiger squads will face off at 5 p.m. CT on SEC Network in the Hearnes Center in Columbia, Missouri.

Other scores:

The No. 8 LSU Gymnastics team handed No. 2 Florida their first loss of the season, taking down the Gators with a score of 198.100-197.975 inside the PMAC on Friday night.

Alabama beat Georgia 197.525-197.325 inside Stegman Coliseum Friday night for the highest true road score of the season and third straight win over the Bulldogs. 

No. 6 UCLA scored 49.6+ on its final two rotations to secure a season-high team total of 197.975 and a tie at No. 7 California. 

We know how things happen in the PMAC against good opponents lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I just got home and I am shocked by the score + no Derrian & Suni on floor?

Graba says they’re testing depth this week to let some of the “big dogs” rest, and that everyone just needs to calm down.

I understand that we were resting starters but I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many starters rested in one meet. I also don’t believe a 196.550 is acceptable whether our starters are rested or not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blakem said:

I understand that we were resting starters but I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many starters rested in one meet. I also don’t believe a 196.550 is acceptable whether our starters are rested or not.

I agree.. it was frustrating.. alot of mistakes and I think the meet was scored fair.. but for Auburn I don’t think thats the standard..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, blakem said:

I agree. I hope it won't hurt our rhythm.. we'll likely take a step back next year. We currently have two superstars + maybe 3-4 (very) solid performers.

Next year, Julianne & Liv will have to make an impact (similar to Sophia last year) but we won't be able to replace Suni and Derrian. Maybe we can land a top transfer (which is tougher in gymnastics than other sports).

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kehnz said:

I agree.. it was frustrating.. alot of mistakes and I think the meet was scored fair.. but for Auburn I don’t think thats the standard..

Agree.  Missouri outperformed AU tonight.  AU has been shaky on both vault and beam for the past couple of meets.  Great to have high level of difficulty on the vaults but only if you can stick the landings...and AU hasn't come close.  The team seems to have lost their confidence.  When asked about AU's missteps after the rotation on vault tonight, Graba said they perform well in practice and they need to relax and do the same when it counts.  Easier said than done, apparently. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AUreo said:

we won't be able to replace Suni and Derrian. 

I think that I underestimated the value of losing a veteran like Drew this year. That will only be magnified by the loss of Suni and Derrian. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TD1 said:

I think that I underestimated the value of losing a veteran like Drew this year. That will only be magnified by the loss of Suni and Derrian. 

I agree but I at least thought her loss would be mitigated by the incoming of Olivia Greaves. Unfortunately, no one could’ve predicted Olivia having a failed knee repair.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TD1 said:

Stevens will be tough losing too.  She's been very consistent the last 2 years, but especially this year.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, blakem said:

Makes no sense if you are the #5 team in the country to sit starters. That would be like sitting Cam Newton for a quarter and Michael Dyar for a  half against one of our better opponents on the road in 2010.

• Like 1