2023 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

Then Suni likely fell off beam because of sitting 2 rotations between. Just a bad vibe night.  

Gymnastics Rankings: Week 7

https://auburntigers.com/news/2023/2/20/gymnastics-rankings-week-6.aspx

AUBURN, Ala. – The first National Qualifying Score rankings were released this week and the Auburn gymnastics team came in at No. 7 with a 197.385.

"It's great to have the NQS rankings started," head coach Jeff Graba said. "It really gives us an accurate gauge of where we stand in the final seatings going into postseason. Now it's on us to hit these last three meets coming up."

The NQS rankings takes the top six scores, dropping the highest before adding the next five and finding the average. Three of the five scores added together must be on the road.

This week's top teams have not changed much as Oklahoma continues to hold the top spot (198.105). Florida (197.780) and Michigan (197.690) are Nos. 2 and 3, while Utah remains fourth (197.575). UCLA moved up to fifth with a 197.530 NQS.

The rest of the Southeastern Conference is among the top 20 – LSU (No. 8), Alabama (No. 9), Kentucky (No. 12), Georgia (No. 14), Missouri (No. 15) and Arkansas (No. 17).

Auburn ranks sixth nationally on vault (49.280) and floor (49.410). The Tigers are tied for eighth on beam (49.290) and ninth on bars (49.340).

Individually, sophomore Sunisa Lee is eligible to be ranked on vault, bars and beam. She is first nationally on bars with a 9.965 and is ninth on beam at 9.915.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

ICYMI: 2023 5-star Julianne Huff will be competing in the Nastia Lukin Cup on Friday the 24th at 7pm ET on the USA Gymnastics Youtube Channel. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/Co5ycJ2uj2h/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Also, 2024 4-Star Katelyn Jong & Marissa Neal will be competing in the Winter Cup on Saturday the 25th at 1pm ET on NBC or Peacock TV.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

It is hard to understand how UGA became a middle of the pack SEC team... They were a powerhouse for many years and then Kupets took over...  

25 minutes ago, AUreo said:

It is hard to understand how UGA became a middle of the pack SEC team... They were a powerhouse for many years and then Kupets took over...  

They probably said the same about our swim program at one time. It happens. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kehnz said:

ICYMI: 2023 5-star Julianne Huff will be competing in the Nastia Lukin Cup on Friday the 24th at 7pm ET on the USA Gymnastics Youtube Channel. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/Co5ycJ2uj2h/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Also, 2024 4-Star Katelyn Jong & Marissa Neal will be competing in the Winter Cup on Saturday the 25th at 1pm ET on NBC or Peacock TV.

It actually annoys me.. about these big competitions. When your trying to see one person. There only 1 viewing screen and they barely every showed any of Huff’s apparatus work.. Christ…

Missouri coming on strong - they beat Arkansas on the road tonight with a score of 197.850...an all-time high score for them.  Auburn looked better than they did last week but still below where they should be, IMHO, especially for a home meet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kehnz said:

It actually annoys me.. about these big competitions. When your trying to see one person. There only 1 viewing screen and they barely every showed any of Huff’s apparatus work.. Christ…

Julianne looked like she had all kinds of problems tonight.

8 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Missouri coming on strong - they beat Arkansas on the road tonight with a score of 197.850...an all-time high score for them.  Auburn looked better than they did last week but still below where they should be, IMHO, especially for a home meet.

Did their Judge Score match there performance? If so that’s really impressive especially on the Road.. 

13 hours ago, blakem said:

Julianne looked like she had all kinds of problems tonight.

Last night, I watched her routines on YT. What about her competition?

I am currently watching ""Winter Cup" on NBC, so many sloppy routines...

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

Last night, I watched her routines on YT. What about her competition?

I am currently watching ""Winter Cup" on NBC, so many sloppy routines...

I saw her fall on beam, big hop on vault, and out of bounds on floors. How are the Auburn doing at winter cup?

Yep.  I was wondering if they were doing this.  We came away pretty unscathed from tornado threat.  Clear skies and sunny only to receive sustained hurricane force winds gusts of 75+ causing all sorts of damage in the area.  These 2 trees fell over in neighbor yard next to me.  Just missed my shed. 

20230303_171351.jpg

20230303_172408.jpg

• Sad 1

Wow, that was close!

I am currently watching the Florida/Oklahoma meet.

Victoria Nguyen (UF) just fell on her head (vault)... she is ok, but it is a scary reminder of how dangerous this sport can be...

Edited by AUreo

Statement from head coach Jeff Graba

"Due to the schedule changes this weekend and training plan, we've decided it's best to rest Suni today. She's excited to compete against Penn State on Friday in her final meet at Neville Arena."

lets try to crack 197 today…

Overall not a good score for us. Seems like we are regressing now... we definitely need Suni back and some leadership from Derrian and Suni now.

• Like 1

Suni:

Looks like she was in a boot (limping) and involved in a recent car accident.
However, she will be back and compete against Penn State in her final home meet next Friday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, AUreo said:

Suni:

Looks like she was in a boot (limping) and involved in a recent car accident.
However, she will be back and compete against Penn State in her final home meet next Friday.

I hope it's not too serious and she will be fully healthy again very soon.  Hate - for her, the team, the University, and us fans - that her final season at Auburn hasn't lived up to the promise of even more success than last year.  Hoping they finish strong and leave a legacy that attracts future highly-rated gymnasts to Auburn.

• Like 3

Glad I didn't go to that meet now.  No Suni, a crap score and beaten by over a full point.