2023 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

32 minutes ago, AUreo said:

When you shared last Saturday that she was in a boot and limping I wondered if there was any way she could compete this week..didn't seem likely.  Hope this isn't the end of her Auburn career.

• Sad 1

Looks like Suni and Sarah Hubbard were both involved in a car accident last week.

Sarah seems fine but maybe it affects Suni in some way. Hope she will be back soon!

Edited by AUreo

Btw, I doubt Suni will be back... no boot but still limping hard...

Edited by AUreo
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, AUreo said:

Btw, I doubt Suni will be back... no boot but still limping hard...

Maybe Suni will be back sooner than we think but I would prefer to see her compete in Paris next year...

Allowing athletes from Russia and Belarus to compete at the Paris Olympics could lead to a large-scale boycott and render the Games "pointless," Poland's sports minister said on Thursday.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/03/sport/paris-olympics-boycott-russia-belarus-spt-intl/index.html

Edited by AUreo

SEC championship today.  This vault by Cassie is unbelievable.  Where is the deduction?  Received 9.95.

• Love 2

Just now, AUBwins said:

SEC championship today.  This vault by Cassie is unbelievable.  Where is the deduction?  Received 9.95.

You beat me to it!

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I guess Suni still out

Yes, this is confirmed.

Edited by AUreo
  • Sad 1

Auburn came into final rotation with lead.  But Gabby steps out on floor.  9.7

Auburn wins session 1. 197.100 to 197.000 Missouri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well below our highest score for the year - surprised it was enough to win the session.  Lower than average scores for all 4 teams.  Dang it, definitely missing Suni.  Will be interesting to see if other session(s) are judged just as strictly...

Cassie's vault was amazing.  I agree with comments above - what the heck did the judges deduct for?

5 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Well below our highest score for the year - surprised it was enough to win the session.  Lower than average scores for all 4 teams.  Dang it, definitely missing Suni.  Will be interesting to see if other session(s) are judged just as strictly...

Cassie's vault was amazing.  I agree with comments above - what the heck did the judges deduct for?

I saw somebody comment that the trajectory was a little flat and needs more air.  I can see that after it was mentioned. But to me it's harder to land if flat 😆 

• Thanks 1

Did these teams actually get that good by end of year, or did they get more favorable scoring in session 2. Any 4 of them creamed our score.  I know we are without Suni and it will be lower. 

9 teams go in and 2 teams come out.  That's a tough task based on what we've seen from scores this year, even with Suni.  We will have to hit our landings.