All 18 games under Harsin

TeamZero77

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

And maybe Roc, but I doubt it.

Surely that will be up to new coach. Doubt new coach would keep Asst. HC either. Good recruiter for sure, but it would surprise me to see him stay in his present position.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Surely that will be up to new coach. Doubt new coach would keep Asst. HC either. Good recruiter for sure, but it would surprise me to see him stay in his present position.

Yes, it's up to the new HC. 

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, it's up to the new HC. 

Yep. 
Obviously he will have his say but I think that our wide receiver coach has done an unbelievable job in coaching and recruiting this year. Props to Harsin for that hire anyway. 

• Like 4

Great post! Don’t be a stranger.

Numbers don’t lie.

The Auburn family has backed every coach. We all want the coach to succeed. It’s media hype to pile on this fake narrative that the bot, boosters, or the ptb (passthebiscuits!) don’t support the coach.

I think the take home point is that life has changed. College football is a professional sport now in every measurable way. The Auburn “family” must now look at this like the family “business.” We better get somebody in here that’s willing to get after it and win some ballgames.

30 point dogs to the dawgs won’t get it done. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

People cared too much about him being a "good man" to can his sorry ass in 2016.

This. The trope of the “good man that loves Auburn” was blown up in 2017 when, after two good wins, he held Auburn hostage for big money instead of preparing appropriately for the SECCG and subsequently the bowl game. A coach that really loved Auburn would have been laser focused on the SECCG, because if we win that game we are playing for a natty; instead it was another “ok” season (less than Dye’s winning percentage but better than the typical Gus year) that ended with an embarrassing bowl loss (one of many). He should have never been given the Auburn job and should have been fired long before he was. He made money to sustain him and his family for generations based on the work he did at Auburn, for better or for worse. To think that we owe him some debt of gratitude for his time at Auburn beyond what he has already received is to live in some kind of gauzy, nostalgic fantasy based on the 2010 NC and the 2013 run that he could never replicate in a million seasons

Edited by fredst
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

(Non-interim) coaches since end of WW2 (1946) by SEC team:

Alabama--12

Arkansas--15

Auburn--10 (will be 11)

Florida--13

Georgia--7

Kentucky--12

LSU--13 (not counting a coach who died in a plane crash a couple months onto the job)

Mississippi--14

MSU--15

Missouri--11

Oklahoma--12 (not counting a coach who died of a heart attack after a year on the job)

USC--13

Tennessee--13

Texas--11

Texas A&M--15

Vanderbilt--16

Woah, second fewest coaches since WW2 in the league even counting the new guys (maybe tied for second with Texas after this year if Mizzou cans Drink)! How can this be? Someone on SDS told me that Auburn changes coaches every two years!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

That’s the rate limited step from what I’m seeing. Caddy, Ike, Zac I think will stick around. His other buddies…bye. 

This supports my though that Ike should be the interim coach. 

14 hours ago, bostic up the middle said:

It’s either unicorns and rainbows or death and destruction.

Best summary sentence of AU football I've seen

6 hours ago, AUwartigerAU said:

This supports my though that Ike should be the interim coach. 

Kiesau has been an interim coach before. If you really want to save best coach on staff though, probably is Ike, not sure he would take it though. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him head back to NFL if possible.

Edited by Hank2020

13 hours ago, fredst said:

This. The trope of the “good man that loves Auburn” was blown up in 2017 when, after two good wins, he held Auburn hostage for big money instead of preparing appropriately for the SECCG and subsequently the bowl game. A coach that really loved Auburn would have been laser focused on the SECCG, because if we win that game we are playing for a natty; instead it was another “ok” season (less than Dye’s winning percentage but better than the typical Gus year) that ended with an embarrassing bowl loss (one of many). He should have never been given the Auburn job and should have been fired long before he was. He made money to sustain him and his family for generations based on the work he did at Auburn, for better or for worse. To think that we owe him some debt of gratitude for his time at Auburn beyond what he has already received is to live in some kind of gauzy, nostalgic fantasy based on the 2010 NC and the 2013 run that he could never replicate in a million seasons

That whole contract fiasco leading up to the 2017 SECCG really soured me on Gus and that was even before he lost the game. Combine that loss with the bowl game loss and Auburn looked foolish for working on a cntract extension during the season. Gus should have been told to check back in January to discuss a contract extension and pay raise. The whole fear that he was going to bolt to Arkansas was complete nonsense and cost us dearly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He ought to negotiate a lesser buyout with his  ineptness with losing games in 2nd half and not recruiting  as he was supposed  to do. But he won't because in his mind he thinks he's great!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:49 AM, kennypowers said:

If Harsin was a yeller and a screamer, we may have better results.  Unforunately, he's just "yeller".

There's also pitchers and catchers. He most def is a catcher.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

There's also pitchers and catchers. He most def is a catcher.

Oh My GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2022 at 10:19 AM, TigerTale said:

That whole contract fiasco leading up to the 2017 SECCG really soured me on Gus and that was even before he lost the game. Combine that loss with the bowl game loss and Auburn looked foolish for working on a cntract extension during the season. Gus should have been told to check back in January to discuss a contract extension and pay raise. The whole fear that he was going to bolt to Arkansas was complete nonsense and cost us dearly.

Agreed. But it takes 2 parties in a negotiation. The AU president should have told him and Jimmy Sexton to pound sand. AU was a party to the circus by participating.