Rivals.com

DKW 86

There is total meltdown over on AuburnSports.com at present. It is just the usual adjustment to the recruiting lists. As you commit to :au: , you fall, as you commit to :ua: your stock goes up, literally for no apparent reason.

Same as forever with the :ua::homer: s. Rivals is monitored by others other than site coordinators. Their recruit list just changed and it now appears as if we are being hammered by :ua: in recruiting.

Could we see rivals split into another website? I would do anything I could to help if they decided to do it.

man, the meltdown going on over there right now is absolutely epic . .unreal

Huh?

I see :au: as 7 commits 2.29 average stars

:ua: as 9 commits 0.44 average stars

I do not have a paid subscription and sometimes I have noticed you guys get updates sooner then I.

Is this the case here?

Our guys are getting hammered today in the STAR rankings. If you could see the AL Top 40, it is now almost all :ua: Some of the kids are not being recruited by anyone other than :ua: and Duke and some other much lesser schools. The recruits are not being offered by :au::ut::lsu::uf::uga: etc.

basically it comes down to this . Neil Caudle was the #2 player in the state of AL according to rivals - he committed to Auburn, the preceeded to drop 10 spots in the Rivals 100, 2 spots in the Alabama rankings, and below QB/athlete Earl Alexander, who has indicated that AU's 2 QB committments has him looking heavier at Alabama.

Originally David Ross, who may have indicated he is leaning to AU, was dropped to a 3* - but then have moved him back to a 4* since the uproar.

Other players who are heavily leaning to AU - Terrell Zachary, etc. - were also dropped in both AL Top 40 and Rivals rankings - players leaning to AL were moved up.

The problem that the subscribers is not the rankings themselves - the coaches at Auburn's evals are all we care about - but the fact that we pay for non-biased reporting on the national scale - and Rivals bama-fan CEO (Shannon somethingerother - posts on BOL as "Lucky") has allowed this to have the same type of slant as Forrest Davis . .

doesn't really matter-it's always fun for the annual whipping the piss out of Bama's class of 20 5-star players with our class of 1 and 2 star players

but it does inflate their dislusions-you know like how Brodie could have gone to the pros out of high school

just keep telling them that they should compete for the MNC in 2 years and sit back and watch em fall :big:

You guys have got to be kidding me. These players have been reevaluated...unlike scout who doesnt reevaluate ANYBODY...Rivals does their homework. Just because some of your committals dropped a little doesnt mean there is some vast conspiracy.

It happened to us like 4 times last year. You think they are gonna raise a kids stock because he came out and said that he KNOWS au has already signed 2 qbs...and bama none? That means nothing.

Rivals is a FAR FAR FAR better group than scout....light years ahead of them in coverage and rankings. When are you guys gonna realize that everyone isnt 'out to get' auburn?

When are you guys gonna realize that everyone isnt 'out to get' auburn?

172067[/snapback]

kinda ironic coming from the conspiracy theory central-I mean Bama, not you

BG, the day after Carnell signed with us, he dropped from 4 stars to 2 on the Forrest Davis rankings. It happens every year. It is not 'just re-evaluating' that anyone could handle.

There is NO conspiracy. It is simple economics. The " VERY typical" uat redneck-sidewalk alums are like rats at the feeder bar when it comes to reading about potential poor souls who have chosen to spend the next 5 years at the smaller "school" in west al..

So long as the toothless wonders fork over $$$ to read forest gump's pablum, this will be the case. :lol:

I kinda' enjoy laughing about it. Some things, rednecks, NEVER change. :big:

BG, the day after Carnell signed with us, he dropped from 4 stars to 2 on the Forrest Davis rankings. It happens every year. It is not 'just re-evaluating' that anyone could handle.

172070[/snapback]

This aint forrest davis though. That guy had a ton of inconsistencies with his stuff...ill give you that.

Why should any of these sites be re-evaluating these kids at this time? They have not played any games of their senior season. They have been to camps but that is it. I imagine that these recruiting sites had these kids ranked and rated at the end of their junior season. Unless they have had a serious injury there would be no reason to change a ranking until after they complete their senior season.

which sells more subscriptions to rivals right now? By bumping those already commited down to 3 stars and those not commited up levels they create a sense that the best players are still uncommited and that its still worth reading their site.

It makes perfect sense and creates more hits for your site by having a majority of the 4 and 5 stars still up for grabs. IMHO

I personally know several guys that work at Rivals.com's headquarters in Brentwood, TN and they are not bias against AU.

I can promise you that. In fact, one of their leading writers/admin's loves Auburn.

Poor Caudle. He chose to become an Auburn Tiger. Why in the world would he want to be a part of a TEAM that has WON 15 games in a row and is the defending SEC Champion?(not to mention a team that has a very good graduation rate and a stellar reputation as a place that builds character.)...OH...Nevermind. :lol::lol:

p.s. Unlike a certain uat qb, I do not think Mr. Caudle will "struggle" with STANDING UPRIGHT. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

funny - last time I checked, Caudle won an award at the National Elite 11 QB Camp a few weeks ago . .

just like the writings of fantasy that captivate little children into visions of sugar plums raining down on their heads,these recruiting gooberheads do the same thing with the bammerfarts and their recruiting stars....the final result is that both the children and the bammerfarts are pacified and the writers make money

True or not, there are only two reasons why this (or any "recruiting rankings" for that matter) would bother me:

1) Most importantly, how does this influence our ability to get other top recruits? If lowering the scores of our commitments hurts our image to the point of discouraging others from coming because they perceive AU as an inferior program, then it's a problem. On the other hand, it may actually help occasionally if a key recruit thinks he will have less competition for playing time here, and therefore signs when the competition might have scared him off otherwise. [Of course, I'd prefer commitments that aren't afraid of competition if we can get 'em]

2) A lesser concern--why give the extremist Bama fan any reason to brag? [i'm saying "extremist" in deference to some of the more rational UATers that post on this board.]

Of course, except when it screws us out of playing in the BCS championship game, I enjoy being the underdog and surprizing people. If lowering our recruiting ranking accomplishes this without doing any other harm, I think it's fine.

Bottom line, of course, is I trust CTT & Co.'s evaluations over any national recruiting site anyway!

I can tell you the two main issues for the folks who subscribe to rivals:

1) We pay for unbiased reporting - period - if we wanted all Auburn, all rosy - there are recruiting magazines that will do that, if we wanted all bama, all the time - we could go to Forrest Davis.

2) During the initial outburst - the two Award Winning (yes Award Winning - AuburnSports was recently awarded as the #1 site on the Rivals Network at their awards dinner) editors came on and refused to support the new rankings - saying that they were biased and that the new AL Top 40 was created with ZERO input from the AuburnSports site (i.e. - just BOL). They also gave the names of the rivals national editors who put it together. Someone from national rivals deleted the thread . .

They also gave the names of the rivals national editors who put it together.  Someone from national rivals deleted the thread . .

Which one?

During the initial outburst - the two Award Winning (yes Award Winning - AuburnSports was recently awarded as the #1 site on the Rivals Network at their awards dinner) editors came on and refused to support the new rankings - saying that they were biased and that the new AL Top 40 was created with ZERO input from the AuburnSports site (i.e. - just BOL).  They also gave the names of the rivals national editors who put it together.  Someone from national rivals deleted the thread . .

172099[/snapback]

Now that seems fishy. :no:

Archived