The Future with Harsin

AURex

12 hours ago, AURex said:

Harsin will serve out this season with Auburn and he will be fired.

Harsin has banked MILLIONS of dollars and will be due MILLIONS more after he is fired.

Harsin will hop on the first plane to Idaho, buy a million dollar home/estate, and spend the rest of his life in luxury hunting and fishing, never again stepping on a football sideline.

After he's terminated, call me out if I am wrong. I'll gladly eat crow.

TODAY is the cross roads for AU's football program for the near future. If Harsin isn't fired today, AU will loose anther recruiting class, loose more ground with the top programs, comfortably rest in the Vandy levels of the SEC and set the program back another year. Firing him today gives the CHANCE of salvaging this recruiting class, offer renewed hope and send a clear message AU won't accept this performance and start looking ahead to the future.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AcUmen said:

I haven't read his contract but most buyouts have a clause that you must look for gainful employment (i.e. coaching) in order to get paid. Most buyouts have an offset clause where the amount owed is subtracted based on the salary of your next job.  I would be surprised if AU gave him a contract without such a clause, but who knows.  Either way, this is why you never see coaches just "sitting" after getting fired and receiving a buyout - their contract requires them to work.

I have read his contract several times and can assure you that no mitigation/offset clauses are in the contract. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, keywest said:

TODAY is the cross roads for AU's football program for the near future. If Harsin isn't fired today, AU will loose anther recruiting class, loose more ground with the top programs, comfortably rest in the Vandy levels of the SEC and set the program back another year. Firing him today gives the CHANCE of salvaging this recruiting class, offer renewed hope and send a clear message AU won't accept this performance and start looking ahead to the future.

They aren’t going to fire him until they get an AD. I feel like the momentum is pointing towards that. Might as well sit tight. 

12 hours ago, tigerrules said:

He will not coach in the SEC.  And as long as he is not in Auburn, AL I don’t care what he does or where he goes.  Not too many jobs where you can take  over a legacy recruiting opportunity in a mediocre conference.  Boise was a good gig for him. The SEC is different level sports.  The last 3 yrs of Gus and the first two of Harsin has been devastating to this program. 

Ain't that the awful bloody truth.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

They aren’t going to fire him until they get an AD. I feel like the momentum is pointing towards that. Might as well sit tight. 

That would seem to be right choice to make.

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Harsin will serve out this season with Auburn and he will be fired.

Harsin has banked MILLIONS of dollars and will be due MILLIONS more after he is fired.

Harsin will hop on the first plane to Idaho, buy a million dollar home/estate, and spend the rest of his life in luxury hunting and fishing, never again stepping on a football sideline.

After he's terminated, call me out if I am wrong. I'll gladly eat crow.

It appears he stepped on one SEC field too many.