We just got a new WR...

PChamp119

He signed with Tennessee back in February, but UT oversigned and asked him to greyshirt this season and resign in January. He had qualified and didn't want to sit out a year and UT released him from his LOI and he's signed with Auburn. He will be eligible to play this year.

Shoot they will put 20# on him and make him a big WR like Mix. Catch and run over some DBs or they bounch off, take your pick

Heard on Sports Talk that they have him at 4.7 in the 40. Waiting to see what the coaches report.

Played in run oriented offense in high school.

It's EASY to put on a few pounds.

172498[/snapback]

This is simply not true. Yes at my age now and maybe regular folks who sit around behind a computer :poke: all the time, can put on weight. But for an active young man, it can be really difficult. I remember when I was 19 and ate everything I could get my hands on and still barely reached 205. Now, at 230 (or more) I could gain even more, and how, really easy. It definitley would be nice to have him bulk up, but it may not happen.

What happened to Will Ward? I heard he could not keep the weight on. So don't expect any of these "skinny" guys to just pack'em on. I mean, they are still skinny for a reason.

CCTAU, they will have him eating about 4,000 calories a day and drinking ensure with every meal. I had a tight end from Bama come speak at my high school banquet and while he is a bamar, he said he was about 200 going into the program and after a year was up to about 230. True that was a tight end but you can make the comparison.

Great to hear about another gem the CTT was able to pick up. War Damn Eagle!

Turns out Alexander is the nephew of rap star Luther Campbell of 2 Live Crew.

TT and Campbell got to be good friends with Campbell when he was coaching at Miami. Tennesse wanted the kid to wait until January to enroll but he didn't wanrt to wait. Campbell called TT to see if he was interested and TT immediately said yes. TT was quoted as saying "we are very fortunate to pick up this one."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...4170.xml&coll=1

Ulysses Alexander didn't want to wait.

That's why he left his Miami home Thursday, driving north to Auburn.  Alexander, a 6-foot-4, 200-pound wide receiver, signed with Tennessee last February. When he was asked to wait until January to enroll, he chose to look elsewhere.

His uncle, rap star Luther Campbell of 2 Live Crew, put in a call to an old friend.

Campbell and Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville became friends when Tuberville was an assistant at Miami. When Campbell called and told him about his nephew, Tuberville was immediately interested. The paperwork was done and Alexander signed Friday.

He was due in Auburn on Thursday night.

"I am coming to Auburn because there are great coaches, great players and a great team atmosphere there," Alexander told Inside The Auburn Tigers Magazine. "I think I will fit in there because I am a great wide receiver."

Alexander missed almost all his junior season with an injury. As a senior, he played tight end and defensive end on a run-oriented team, catching 40 passes for eight touchdowns.

"He's a guy that has a lot of height and speed," Tuberville said. "I have a lot of friends in Florida that are real, real high on him, off the field and on the field. He's going to be a great addition. We are very fortunate to pick this one up."

Alexander will have to work two days in shorts before he can put on his pads.

Archived