players campaigning for Cadillac Williams

aubiefifty

4 hours ago, miscram6 said:

That is an interesting statement.  I will respectfully disagree, though.  Please don't misunderstand me.  I'm not saying that we should hire whomever the players want.  However, I do take issue with the idea that the players have no idea what they are talking about.  If we had listened to the players more, over the last two years, we wouldn't have lost so much talent or be stuck where we are currently.  Many of them were trying to tell us something about Harsin, but we didn't listen well enough.

If we went with the players' choice, we would still have Gus.

2 hours ago, AuGrad2004 said:

Does no one remember a WR coach that was promoted to Interim and then head coach?  You don't have to have been one to be one.  Not saying LAC is the guy or should be but saying he isn't ready because he hasn't done it before is a little short sided. 

You mean the guy with over a decade of being an assistant at Alabama and Clemson who was the Associate Head Coach and an Offesive Coordinator before being named interim coach. Just a little different scenario but it was still a risky hire that happened to pay off. Botch this hire and you're irrelevant for another decade.

• Like 1

These are kids and they are silo'd into the program.

With all due respect, they really don't know any better and their opinion means very little. Most of these guys also went to war for Bryan Harsin. Are we going to forget that Derick Hall, one of our best players who is known for being a great kid, smart, hard working, etc. couldn't stop backing Harsin? In fact, most of the revered Senior guys on this roster were big Harsin believers - aren't these the guys you would expect to have a better gauge than anyone else on the roster?

The players will support whatever feels good. Right now, the Cadillac thing feels good.

I can also tell you that LSU's players drove Orgeron into the HC position. Prior to that, their players also CARRIED Les Miles off the field in an attempt to show that they wanted him to remain the HC. 

This is all very typical and happens every single time. With all due respect, it's noise that means nothing in an actual decision making scenario.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If we went with the players' choice, we would still have Gus.

You mean the guy with over a decade of being an assistant at Alabama and Clemson who was the Associate Head Coach and an Offesive Coordinator before being named interim coach. Just a little different scenario but it was still a risky hire that happened to pay off. Botch this hire and you're irrelevant for another decade.

Maybe you need to refresh your Dabo history.  He was never an OC or Assistant head coach.  He did have more experience as a postion coach though. 

2 minutes ago, AuGrad2004 said:

Maybe you need to refresh your Dabo history.  He was never an OC or Assistant head coach.  He did have more experience as a postion coach though. 

Hmm.

From the Clemson website:

COACHING EXPERIENCE
Graduate assistant coach at Alabama (1993-95) … wide receivers/tight ends at Alabama (1996) … tight ends at Alabama (1997) … wide receivers at Alabama (1998-00) … wide receivers at Clemson (2003-06) … assistant head coach/wide receivers at Clemson (2007 – Oct. 13, 2008) … interim head coach/offensive coordinator at Clemson (Oct. 13 – Dec. 1, 2008) … head coach at Clemson (2009-present).

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol no you guys that never even played a high level sport know. The guys that equate yelling and not caring to being alpha.....that's who know

Don’t forget taking the steps instead of elevators. That’s a real alpha

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Hmm.

From the Clemson website:

COACHING EXPERIENCE
Graduate assistant coach at Alabama (1993-95) … wide receivers/tight ends at Alabama (1996) … tight ends at Alabama (1997) … wide receivers at Alabama (1998-00) … wide receivers at Clemson (2003-06) … assistant head coach/wide receivers at Clemson (2007 – Oct. 13, 2008) … interim head coach/offensive coordinator at Clemson (Oct. 13 – Dec. 1, 2008) … head coach at Clemson (2009-present).

Rob Spence was OC in 2007-2008 (first 6 games).  After Bowden stepped down he helped call plays with Billy Napier as the Interim(2 moths).  He shared assistant head coaching duties with Brad Scott for two years only for a pay increase.   I stand corrected.  You are technically correct.  

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

did you see his fantasy movie where he slays some creature and wears a penis necklace and all that? pardons to any offended by that one word..............

Oohh...I have not.  Google here I come. Safe search be dadgummed 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Oohh...I have not.  Google here I come. Safe search be dadgummed 

your highness is the name of the movie and it is cheap on amazon. it has natalie portman as well. decent flick

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Children??? Please don't post that !@#& again! Are they young men? Yes! But don't ever do that again. 

Or what?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Or what?

really bro? all you are going to do is get the thread locked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUY2K said:

What if Sean Payton is hired? Does that change the player’s mind set about Caddy?

Well no.  I think the team would love for CCW to hire Payton as the OC.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AUY2K said:

What if Sean Payton is hired? Does that change the player’s mind set about Caddy?

Is sean payton like our version of Tennessee's Gruden but w even less connections to the program? 

I would imagine they would vote for carnell if a team vote came up. 

Gotta love how it's always a rally on how players don't know anything.....also seems about right to see stuff like "prisoners running the asylum" .

Same guys that get triggered when you question have they ever played or coached mind you, because they get upset that their armchair coaching isn't valid. Now let's go even further to say players don't know anything period. The players are dumb, they need the old guys with the money to make decisions for them.......

But then when the team don't play for a guy who doesn't give a damn about them the board is crying again. Around this time last year most of the people saying this were laughing and celebrating players and coaches leaving......we're learning the hard way though, keep it up!

• Like 3

I remember Ole Miss players campaigning for Matt Luke and Missouri players campaigning for Barry Odom. I think that should be good reason to retain Caddy, but certainly not the reason to make him the leading Head Coach candidate.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Gotta love how it's always a rally on how players don't know anything.....also seems about right to see stuff like "prisoners running the asylum" .

Same guys that get triggered when you question have they ever played or coached mind you, because they get upset that their armchair coaching isn't valid. Now let's go even further to say players don't know anything period. The players are dumb, they need the old guys with the money to make decisions for them.......

But then when the team don't play for a guy who doesn't give a damn about them the board is crying again. Around this time last year most of the people saying this were laughing and celebrating players and coaches leaving......we're learning the hard way though, keep it up!

I don't know that anyone said the players are dumb but, I guess you have to keep to your script.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
6 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Nor is it sufficient time to claim him the best candidate for AU football HC.

Never said he deserved the job

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

really bro? all you are going to do is get the thread locked.

4 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Or what?

You proved your “mettle” with that remark. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Caddy isn't ready, the players love him and that's no surprise. Trust me, the AU in me has entertained this, but rationally I don't think he's ready, nor would I wish that burden on him. I don't want caddy to have a blemish on everything he's ever done for au bc he wasn't ready for that role. I sure hope we keep him with the new staff, but his love for auburn and everything he has poured in is unmatched 

• Love 2

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

your highness is the name of the movie and it is cheap on amazon. it has natalie portman as well. decent flick

Ohhh ... Seen that but deserves/ requires a rewatch.  Haven't seen anything from that group of guys that isn't good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Is sean payton like our version of Tennessee's Gruden but w even less connections to the program? 

I would imagine they would vote for carnell if a team vote came up. 

No, Jeff Fisher is our version of Gruden to Tennessee. Remember, Fisher's son played here at Auburn, well he dressed out. And because of that, many fans here were sure that he was going to be our next HC.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, metafour said:

These are kids and they are silo'd into the program.

With all due respect, they really don't know any better and their opinion means very little. Most of these guys also went to war for Bryan Harsin. Are we going to forget that Derick Hall, one of our best players who is known for being a great kid, smart, hard working, etc. couldn't stop backing Harsin? In fact, most of the revered Senior guys on this roster were big Harsin believers - aren't these the guys you would expect to have a better gauge than anyone else on the roster?

The players will support whatever feels good. Right now, the Cadillac thing feels good.

I can also tell you that LSU's players drove Orgeron into the HC position. Prior to that, their players also CARRIED Les Miles off the field in an attempt to show that they wanted him to remain the HC. 

This is all very typical and happens every single time. With all due respect, it's noise that means nothing in an actual decision making scenario.

Also….Mike Dubose. 😎

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

No, Jeff Fisher is our version of Gruden to Tennessee. Remember, Fisher's son played here at Auburn, well he dressed out. And because of that, many fans here were sure that he was going to be our next HC.

Its hard enough to be a walk-on. To dress out is a bonus. But to actually play and score a TD while "dressed out" is a pretty cool thing. Kudos to Trent Fisher for just being "dressed out".

About the 2:30 mark.