Hats off to the UAT players

Mikey

On 12/30/2022 at 6:09 AM, cole256 said:

Bo wasn't a better QB. I know how you try your best to make Bo be some type of great player because he meets all the metrics you look for in a QB but talent isn't there to be great be happy with ok Nothing you can do about it. 

i never cry over you dude. you and your look how wonderful i am posts are tiresome. and i will defend anyone i like on this board. people laugh at you regular and you are either too stupid to see it or ignore it because you think you know it all. just for the record you cannot hurt me at 57 because you are a loud mouth that loves to pick on folks or did until they made you calm down. and those go" run tell dat" to the mods is laughable because they keep a pretty close ye on you. like i said i am not the only one that sees through you.when you have to tell folks how wonderful you are is pretty sad. you got a day to turn over a new leaf.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never cry over you dude. you and your look how wonderful i am posts are tiresome. and i will defend anyone i like on this board. people laugh at you regular and you are either too stupid to see it or ignore it because you think you know it all. just for the record you cannot hurt me at 57 because you are a loud mouth that loves to pick on folks or did until they made you calm down. and those go" run tell dat" to the mods is laughable because they keep a pretty close ye on you. like i said i am not the only one that sees through you.when you have to tell folks how wonderful you are is pretty sad. you got a day to turn over a new leaf.

All you do is cry. You cry once a week. You post those stupid articles and you cry when someone says something about the articles. Then you cry because you can't read and you constantly go off on someone who you thought was talking to you. 

And no I don't care that someone like you or Mikey laugh when you don't know wtf you are talking about. I don't care that you are old. I don't care about you to be honest. 

You do this often. Just out of the blue you start a fight, I guess you go through menstrual cycles. 

Don't go on rants about nothing talk about what is now. Right now nobody was talking to you. Right now you are trying to be a bully but I don't understand it because you cry. There aren't any tough bullies that cries. 

And nobody made me do anything. I'm a grown man, nobody walking this Earth controls me. I'm laughing that you just made this post trying to be a tough tattle tell. I don't care who keeps an eye or what you go run and tell. I don't break any rules. Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't make them bad or wrong. Hell it probably means they are right if they disagree with you actually. 

There's no seeing thru me. You either authentic or you're not. You either tell the truth or you lie, there's no grey area and I don't lie about anything on here. 

You don't have to keep doing this, I don't care you don't like me. I don't like you. You know what I do because I don't like you? I don't talk to you. That's it. Just stop talking to me. Keep posting dumb articles and go with your life. I'll go with mine and everybody is happy. It's not hard lol.

All this because I said an average QB is an average QB lol. You literally laughed at Mikey making fun of another QB but you guys expect this one to be treated differently. We call that entitlement, but I know you guys lived at a time when thought your words mattered

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

All you do is cry. You cry once a week. You post those stupid articles and you cry when someone says something about the articles. Then you cry because you can't read and you constantly go off on someone who you thought was talking to you. 

And no I don't care that someone like you or Mikey laugh when you don't know wtf you are talking about. I don't care that you are old. I don't care about you to be honest. 

You do this often. Just out of the blue you start a fight, I guess you go through menstrual cycles. 

Don't go on rants about nothing talk about what is now. Right now nobody was talking to you. Right now you are trying to be a bully but I don't understand it because you cry. There aren't any tough bullies that cries. 

And nobody made me do anything. I'm a grown man, nobody walking this Earth controls me. I'm laughing that you just made this post trying to be a tough tattle tell. I don't care who keeps an eye or what you go run and tell. I don't break any rules. Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't make them bad or wrong. Hell it probably means they are right if they disagree with you actually. 

There's no seeing thru me. You either authentic or you're not. You either tell the truth or you lie, there's no grey area and I don't lie about anything on here. 

You don't have to keep doing this, I don't care you don't like me. I don't like you. You know what I do because I don't like you? I don't talk to you. That's it. Just stop talking to me. Keep posting dumb articles and go with your life. I'll go with mine and everybody is happy. It's not hard lol.

All this because I said an average QB is an average QB lol. You literally laughed at Mikey making fun of another QB but you guys expect this one to be treated differently. We call that entitlement, but I know you guys lived at a time when thought your words mattered

now you are fudging cole. you said bo was not very talented but he made the heisman list. and again i take up for my friends. that makes it my business. but hey remember to tell everyone how wonderful you are. you take too much pleasure in trying to embarrass folks. i have been watching you for a long time and so have others. so you can re imagine the truth all you want. i address what you do. you just add stuff in an argument to make things look bad and you just an innocent poster. any hoo i am going to stop because i do not want to shut the thread down.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:51 PM, Mikey said:

Those guys have entered the portal. They are no longer on the team so they didn't "opt out" of anything.

One more time for emphasis, if only to remind you not to believe everything you read on AL.COM (the official Updyke PR outlet)....

“I gave them the opportunity to play in the bowl game if they wanted to, and they did not. I don’t know if that is a good thing for players not to have to stay committed to their team for an entire season. So, there are a lot of things in college football I think that … transfer portal has created a challenge for us in terms of how to manage rosters.”

The names that transferred from Alabama include Khyree Jackson (cornerback), Trey Sanders (running back), Aaron Anderson (wide receiver), Traeshon Holden (wide receiver), Christian Leary (wide receiver), JoJo Earle (wide receiver), Tommy Brockermeyer (offensive lineman), Javion Cohen (offensive lineman), Amari Kight (offensive lineman), Damieon George Jr. (offensive lineman), Tanner Bowles (offensive lineman), Jack Martin (placekicker), Braylen Ingraham (defensive lineman).

https://tdalabamamag.com/2022/12/30/nick-saban-alabama-transfer-portal-players-bowl-game/

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

now you are fudging cole. you said bo was not very talented but he made the heisman list. and again i take up for my friends. that makes it my business. but hey remember to tell everyone how wonderful you are. you take too much pleasure in trying to embarrass folks. i have been watching you for a long time and so have others. so you can re imagine the truth all you want. i address what you do. you just add stuff in an argument to make things look bad and you just an innocent poster. any hoo i am going to stop because i do not want to shut the thread down.

Ok if I said that then quote it. But what I really said is Bo don't have the talent to be this great qb he makes him out to be and whether you can comprehend it or not that's not the same thing. 

Also though Mikey does all that you say I do but when people say it you put on your cape and say he's misunderstood or everybody is ganging up on him....make that make sense. You are just a hypocrite. 

And there you go again talking about your feelings of what I do. In THIS situation in THISconversation did I say I was right ? Did I embarrass anybody?

No actually your friend did that to me. You didn't see a need to sayanything to him though did you? It's only bad if I was to do it right? Because I'm less than you guys because I don't believe what you do right? 

When you get upset and go on and on how you are right about that subject it differs how? But I'm just the bad guy in ever situation right?

You are no different than most on here, if somebody says what you like you pick their side, if somebody says what you don't you do this. You haven't ever had one civil conversation with me. But you are God huh. Did you even read the origin of this debate? 

You did this another time when I was arguing with proud. He literally called me a racist slur but you went off talking about how I was talking to him.....if you don't know the story you should really just shut up. You don't know what Mikey has said to me in the past. And you damn sure didn't run and try to take up for me then. But yeah go away and stop because you shouldn't have ever started. Like I said I don't talk to you just reciprocate that

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

One more time for emphasis, if only to remind you not to believe everything you read on AL.COM (the official Updyke PR outlet)....

There are a number of other sources who said everybody that was still on the team suited up to play. Saban was quoted as saying so. We have a mixed bag of "truth".

3 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

I want to hear more about not playing in a football game is the same as dying in the freezing waters of the North Atlantic in 1912.    Tell me more.

Not playing in a football is not the same as dying in the freezing waters of the North Atlantic. That claim was never made. Crank up the reading skills that got you through freshman English.

What was said was sailors knocking women and children out of the way to get a seat on a lifeboat is the same as sitting out a football game for personal reasons. Both actions show a distinct lack of character and integrity.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Ok if I said that then quote it. But what I really said is Bo don't have the talent to be this great qb he makes him out to be and whether you can comprehend it or not that's not the same thing. 

Also though Mikey does all that you say I do but when people say it you put on your cape and say he's misunderstood or everybody is ganging up on him....make that make sense. You are just a hypocrite. 

And there you go again talking about your feelings of what I do. In THIS situation in THISconversation did I say I was right ? Did I embarrass anybody?

No actually your friend did that to me. You didn't see a need to sayanything to him though did you? It's only bad if I was to do it right? Because I'm less than you guys because I don't believe what you do right? 

When you get upset and go on and on how you are right about that subject it differs how? But I'm just the bad guy in ever situation right?

You are no different than most on here, if somebody says what you like you pick their side, if somebody says what you don't you do this. You haven't ever had one civil conversation with me. But you are God huh. Did you even read the origin of this debate? 

You did this another time when I was arguing with proud. He literally called me a racist slur but you went off talking about how I was talking to him.....if you don't know the story you should really just shut up. You don't know what Mikey has said to me in the past. And you damn sure didn't run and try to take up for me then. But yeah go away and stop because you shouldn't have ever started. Like I said I don't talk to you just reciprocate that

to be fair and to be honest i never saw it until it was over and assumed the thread was deleted or whatever.i have no idea what was said and that is the truth. i was a member of vle which was a no ban sports site where you could tell the mods exactly what you thought regardless of how bad it was. but racism killed the board. i do not care for racists at all. and i could give a good damn what color they are either. me and proud butted heads a million times on the pol boards. but look. folks say the same about you and i am not sure you understand this either do you? i certainly do not want to get banned but you get curious you message me where the convo is private and i will tell you plain and simple. you can agree or disagree but i will say right now i do not want anyone reading my personal comments. i will not say anything i am ashamed about but stuff can be redone to make it look like i said something i in fact did not. so if i can trust you on that aspect and you tell me i can we can talk all this out. i do not hate you. i do not dislike so and if i ever said so in public i was angry. i imagine you do things that are outstanding in the real world. you love auburn and that is a plus. i do not even wish anything bad on you or yours.ever. this is as plain as i can be. i am taking my 67 year old behind for a steak and i am willing to discuss it. but remember this when all the smoke clears. i do not talk about you behind your back unless i complained to a mod. and yes i made a typo earlier i said i was 57 but it was a mistake. and due i will never shut up ok? it is a discussion board. i have had many timeouts here and a few were deserved. so it seems you think i am a racist because i missed something? thats rich. one last thing is i hate racism,period. i have personal reasons i will not go into. message me and we can clear all this up but never expect me to shut up. ever................

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

to be fair and to be honest i never saw it until it was over and assumed the thread was deleted or whatever.i have no idea what was said and that is the truth. i was a member of vle which was a no ban sports site where you could tell the mods exactly what you thought regardless of how bad it was. but racism killed the board. i do not care for racists at all. and i could give a good damn what color they are either. me and proud butted heads a million times on the pol boards. but look. folks say the same about you and i am not sure you understand this either do you? i certainly do not want to get banned but you get curious you message me where the convo is private and i will tell you plain and simple. you can agree or disagree but i will say right now i do not want anyone reading my personal comments. i will not say anything i am ashamed about but stuff can be redone to make it look like i said something i in fact did not. so if i can trust you on that aspect and you tell me i can we can talk all this out. i do not hate you. i do not dislike so and if i ever said so in public i was angry. i imagine you do things that are outstanding in the real world. you love auburn and that is a plus. i do not even wish anything bad on you or yours.ever. this is as plain as i can be. i am taking my 67 year old behind for a steak and i am willing to discuss it. but remember this when all the smoke clears. i do not talk about you behind your back unless i complained to a mod. and yes i made a typo earlier i said i was 57 but it was a mistake. and due i will never shut up ok? it is a discussion board. i have had many timeouts here and a few were deserved. so it seems you think i am a racist because i missed something? thats rich. one last thing is i hate racism,period. i have personal reasons i will not go into. message me and we can clear all this up but never expect me to shut up. ever................

Bro I didn't say anything about you being a racist. That's the second time you've said something because you either didn't read or you read to fast and thought I said something I didn't. I called you a hypocrite and pointed out how you did this same thing one time when I was going at it with a guy that has called me a slur. And the point of telling you that was for you to see that if you don't know the story you shouldn't jump in and take a side out of the blue.

That's it

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:42 AM, woodford said:

They were never exploited because they were never forced to play. Attending a university and playing a sport is not conscription.

A cynic can argue that every single one of us is being exploited or a more rational person can argue that it is not quite so black and white. I've argued this before, if college athletics was a such a raw deal before NIL it would have ceased to exist because it would no longer hold value for the student-athletes. That's not what happened. College athletics exploded because of the opportunities it provided to anyone with talent and drive.

But then again, the egalitarians and critical theorists will never understand/refuse to acknowledge that this is all voluntary so there's no real point in trying to have a discussion with them.

Solid as hell, Woody.  It’s truly amazing seeing people twist this into something else 

• Like 1

I just don't want to argue, but people making billionsand giving guys a scholarship then saying it's fair is ridiculous. Then on top of that the guy finds a way to make money that has nothing to do with you, so you then decide to tell them they can't do that either because of all things you can't make any money off of that is not only wrong it's sleazy. These men get to walk around and of course be treated as upper class and respect when they are really scum. They are just pimps actually

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

What was said was sailors knocking women and children out of the way to get a seat on a lifeboat (IOW, to save their lives) is the same as sitting out a football game for personal reasons (IOW, to make more money).

Its not the same, in fact, its one of the most asinine analogies I've read on the internet, and that's saying a lot.  Can you not read what you just typed?   Here, I boldfaced and italicized some parts of what you typed above to help your marginal comprehension.   

We can agree to disagree without the childish insults.  Done here.

• Like 3