Any news on Gonzales?

Looks like he's probably out for the year. Being out that long will make it almost impossible to get back into form. Sure hope Gonzo hasn't pitched his last game at Auburn.

We seem to have an inordinate amount of trouble with pitcher's health and it's frequently with our top guys. This is surprising considering that Butch is more careful with pitchers than any coach I've ever watched. Is it bad luck? What? Something ain't right!

Butch Thompson is my guy. I wanted him at Auburn way back when Pawloski, then Gollaway were hired. I'm not down on Butch, but this situation needs looking in to. Trainer mistakes? What's going on?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

We seem to have an inordinate amount of trouble with pitcher's health and it's frequently with our top guys. This is surprising considering that Butch is more careful with pitchers than any coach I've ever watched. Is it bad luck? What? Something ain't right!

Butch Thompson is my guy. I wanted him at Auburn way back when Pawloski, then Gollaway were hired. I'm not down on Butch, but this situation needs looking in to. Trainer mistakes? What's going on?

Agreed. Something isn’t right. Reports say he’s hurt, but MRIs are clean, but he’s throwing bullpens. Regardless, our pitching staff beyond Gonzo is sorely lacking. Not sure if Hudson is missed that much or we just need to recruit better but we need SEC arms. We have very few of those right now. 

• Like 2

Pitching after an injury is more mental than anything else.   This is especially true when you have several family members hoping you will make it to MLB and you don't want to disappoint them.    Gonzo is a good kid, but he needs to listen to two guys who have sent a long list of pitchers to MLB and not to folks who aren't watching his bullpens. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

The shoulder soreness has returned.   He is done for the year.

Good move concerning his future. Still probably goes in round 5 at least. Perhaps higher.

14 hours ago, LPTiger said:

The shoulder soreness has returned.   He is done for the year.

Good grief! I'm not sure if we have more of this than other teams or if I'm just more aware of AU's troubles. For all the extremes Coach Thompson goes through to protect his pitchers, one would think we wouldn't have so much of this.

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good move concerning his future. Still probably goes in round 5 at least. Perhaps higher.

Will they take damaged goods that high? I don't know anything about Gonzo's academic inclinations but he would almost certainly be better served $-wise to come back to AU for another year.

• Like 1