Cohen prepared to hash out new Schedule

AU-24

I'm leaning more and more towards the 8 game, 1 +7 schedule. Each team gets 1 rival and plays the rest of the SEC every 2 years. It's also the simplest format to enact. In our case if that means we play UGa every 2 years instead of every year, so be it. 

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 2

The 9-game schedule will prove problematic. I mean, imagine when Bama has 4 home games and 5 road games, and LSU (whoever) wins the west with 5 home games and 4 road games. Bama will demand change. Best not to go there to begin with.

• Like 3

I'm actually more for a nine game schedule the more I think about it (specifically after reading Toppmeyer's recent thoughts). The 9-game schedule will be balanced out by a non-con game.

But I remain firm that we need the 'Dores!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AU-24 said:

What do you mean?  Did Greene not inspire confidence when he got the uga game moved and replaced it with that cupcake LSU?  LOL 

I totally agree with you.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What do you mean?  Did Greene not inspire confidence when he got the uga game moved and replaced it with that cupcake LSU?  LOL 

I totally agree with you.

Good one! 

9 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Being Auburn, our 3 permanent foes will no doubt continue to be last decade's 3 top SEC teams. 

I get your concern, but by all accounts it looks like we’re getting Vandy.

“In our league, Greg Sankey has always done a great job of guiding us — not just the athletic directors but the presidents as well and the chancellors,” Cohen said

Guiding us = making us lots of money

Sankey is terrible. He wants to be on the same level as Manfred, Goodell, and Silver so bad.

23 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I'm leaning more and more towards the 8 game, 1 +7 schedule. Each team gets 1 rival and plays the rest of the SEC every 2 years. It's also the simplest format to enact. In our case if that means we play UGa every 2 years instead of every year, so be it. 

Absolutely not. We've sacrificed enough tradition for the sake of modern CFB. Auburn and Georgia should play every year until Jesus comes back.

• Like 1

My heart is breaking for Lil Nicky. He has played us, LSWho and UT for years and years.. Now all of a sudden that's unfair for Bama since UT is relevant again.. What a piece of garbage he is😪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

I get your concern, but by all accounts it looks like we’re getting Vandy.

Then Vandy will be the 2025 national champs. Go ahead and place your bets now. Also Cal will definitely be Pac 12 champs this year. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2023 at 2:47 PM, IronMan70 said:

drop bama and keep uga.  that keeps up the South's Oldest Rivalry.  We had a break playing bama ...so take another one...

• Like 2
  • Love 1