Montgomery beer distributor on Bud Light controversy: ‘You deserve to know the truth’

Personally, I don't drink much beer. Maybe 2 6-packs per YEAR, like one beer when I cook Mexican. And when I do drink a beer, it sure ain't gonna be anything from Anheuser-Busch or Miller or whatever. So I really don't give a crap whether wingnuts at either end of the political spectrum want to shoot beer cans or boycott.

I DO get angry when the wingnuts at either end of the political spectrum begin threatening individuals at companies, calling for violence against them, their families, their kids.

Hey, it's business. It's marketing. It's about sales. If you want to buy, then buy. If you don't want to buy, then don't buy. But threatening violence against individuals, families, kids, just because you don't like an ad? Nope! Not acceptable.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, arein0 said:

Oh, so they didn't abandon any customers. Sounds like some customers were upset they were advertising to a different target audience. Isn't that what you'd call a snowflake ❄️ and is the definition of cancel culture?

They insulted their customer base which isn’t a good idea.

I don’t drink beer much, but when I do, it is usually Sam Adams.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

They insulted their customer base which isn’t a good idea.

I don’t drink beer much, but when I do, it is usually Sam Adams.

How did they insult their customer base?

Wait a minute. Never mind. I finally found a well reasoned democrat to explain this to me. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nebraska-senator-flips-out-debating-ban-sex-change-surgeries-minors-screams-we-need-trans-people

fiddy, is this you ?

Edited by alexava
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, arein0 said:

So what I got from that article is that sponsoring a video of a trans influencer is somehow insulting their customer base?

Watch the 1:27 video. 

Hating trans people is just a useful political tool.  Bigotry, unfortunately, has always been a useful political tool.  It is just another form of tribalism.  Tribalism is too often an excuse for inhumane behavior.

Fear, anger, outrage, hate...  what wonderful basis for a society.  Let the swastikas and confederate flags fly high.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

I don’t hate trans people. I hate ******* idiots. I hate people who cheat in competitions. I hate people who try to use their sickness for victimhood and forced capitulation. I hate people who try to make more out of that hate than is there…. Like virtue signaling about the ******* confederate flag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/21/2023 at 3:01 AM, alexava said:

Watch the 1:27 video. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I had not seen that video yet. Was that a poor way to handle the situation? Absolutely. However, I really doubt saying they are "fratty, out of touch" is the reason they are insulted. This is in response to the cancel culture. If that really is the reason they are insulted, they are even bigger snowflakes than I thought.

I guess I've been accidentally boycotting it for 30+ years. ;)

The only time I've bought any over that time was for someone else, because it's what they drank. 

In other words, who cares?

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2023 at 11:29 PM, arein0 said:

So what I got from that article is that sponsoring a video of a trans influencer is somehow insulting their customer base?

Yes. Because Bud Light belongs to Conservatives and conservatives hate trans people and don't want them treated as humans that exist. It's really really easy to see what this is. If social media existed 75 years ago and a black man had a bud light sponsored video, conservatives would have acted the exact same way. In fact, they have done this before on a much larger scale (The Democratic Party). The GOP is the "christian party" and also, the party that openly hates and dehumanizes more people. Go figure...

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Hating trans people is just a useful political tool.  Bigotry, unfortunately, has always been a useful political tool.  It is just another form of tribalism.  Tribalism is too often an excuse for inhumane behavior.

Fear, anger, outrage, hate...  what wonderful basis for a society.  Let the swastikas and confederate flags fly high.

That's how they mobilize their neaderthal voters. "This group of people bad!" "Vote us to put a stop to this group of people." If conservative voters didn't have anyone they thought was threatening them, they simply just wouldn't care enough to vote. 

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yes. Because Bud Light belongs to Conservatives and conservatives hate trans people and don't want them treated as humans that exist. It's really really easy to see what this is. If social media existed 75 years ago and a black man had a bud light sponsored video, conservatives would have acted the exact same way. In fact, they have done this before on a much larger scale (The Democratic Party). The GOP is the "christian party" and also, the party that openly hates and dehumanizes more people. Go figure...

Big man! Stepping up and virtual signaling the  black man of 75 years ago. Except what you did was just compare him to a mentally ill 28 year old who prances around acting like a teenage girl who has an intact set of beans and a frank. How could either survive in this mean world of Christians without you white liberals stepping up to save them. Malcom X warned them about you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That's how they mobilize their neaderthal voters. "This group of people bad!" "Vote us to put a stop to this group of people." If conservative voters didn't have anyone they thought was threatening them, they simply just wouldn't care enough to vote. 

Boy the irony is boiling over here. The left is literally creating victims to save for the purposes of building their base. Open the border, chemically and physically mutilate confused children who you have intentionally confused not to mention using false narratives to convince blacks that there’s a trove of racist police and hidden white supremacy everywhere. Look at yourself dude....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

physically mutilate confused children

Oh boy, wait till this guy finds out about circumcision...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I had not seen that video yet. Was that a poor way to handle the situation? Absolutely. However, I really doubt saying they are "fratty, out of touch" is the reason they are insulted. This is in response to the cancel culture. If that really is the reason they are insulted, they are even bigger snowflakes than I thought.

This is nothing like cancel culture. This is a reckoning,. This isn’t coordinated. Other than kid rock shooting some bottles, Nobody’s organizing marches or protests. I don’t even want an apology or anyone fired. I’m just simply not inclined to buy the product. As most are. That’s just consequences of bad decisions. No demands, no crying they are still free to conduct business and compete. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Oh boy, wait till this guy finds out about circumcision...

You are reaching hard here. I don’t think circumcision changed a boy to a girl....ever. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

This is nothing like cancel culture. This is a reckoning,. This isn’t coordinated. Other than kid rock shooting some bottles, Nobody’s organizing marches or protests. I don’t even want an apology or anyone fired. I’m just simply not inclined to buy the product. As most are. That’s just consequences of bad decisions. No demands, no crying they are still free to conduct business and compete. 

I dunno maaaaaan, kinda seems like cancel culture...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

You are reaching hard here. I don’t think circumcision changed a boy to a girl....ever. 

You are being wooshed hard here.

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Just to make sure you didn't miss it this time :poke:

wooshed.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, alexava said:

Boy the irony is boiling over here. The left is literally creating victims to save for the purposes of building their base. Open the border, chemically and physically mutilate confused children who you have intentionally confused not to mention using false narratives to convince blacks that there’s a trove of racist police and hidden white supremacy everywhere. Look at yourself dude....

The left is literally creating victims to save for the purposes of building their base.

So the left created trans people? What like in a lab? Or was it the smallpox vaccine?

Open the border,

Wrong! Can you point to one piece of data that supports this? Or did you just hear it from OAN?

chemically and physically mutilate confused children who you have intentionally confused

So the left wing of this country has a campaign to intentionally confuse children, in order to mutilate their genitals? You have to be kidding. Lol

Tin Foil Hat - Walmart.com

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

So you maintain that it ISN'T genital mutilation, because it didn't change the victims gender, and that's fine. So you must be ok with clitoris removal. Not surprising at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2