Moss blaze's 'em up

bigsixfive

Randy Moss admits to smoking weed, pass the funions....

When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: "I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL (search) by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.
Moss's agent, Dante DiTrapano, said HBO was trying to intentionally damage the player's reputation. He said Moss was talking about past use in the interview.

"In an attempt to promote their dying network, they have maliciously couched his remarks in a manner that is confusing and leaves room for negative interpretation," DiTrapano told The Associated Press. "Randy is not in the NFL substance abuse program and has complied with all urinalysis required by the league, the team, insurance companies, endorsers, etc."

He must have been smoking it at the time to make this statement.

"But, you know, I don't want any kids, you know, watching this taking a lesson from me as far as 'Well, Randy Moss used it so I'm going to use it.' I don't want that to get across. Like I say ... I have used (marijuana) in the past. And every blue moon or every once in a while I might."

So you don't think kids should do it, but its ok if you do?

Moss has had problems on and off the field throughout his college and pro career. He lost scholarships at Notre Dame and Florida State because of a battery charge and marijuana use. He set records at Marshall and clearly was the most dynamic receiver in the 1998 draft, but lasted until 21st overall because of past trouble.

Last year, Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win over the Packers. He also drew criticism for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss against Washington.

Other transgressions include bumping a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abusing corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirting an official with a water bottle in 1999.

Players like this need to be banned from the league. Their constant disruptions, antics, and run ins with the law shine a very negative light on the NFL. Yes, sometimes these people are exceptional players, but that doesn't mean they should be granted special passes to do whatever, whenever. $10K is a joke to these people when they're pulling down millions a year. Up the fines, fine the player and the team, and kick them out. Sooner or later, teams will start recruiting finer characters and avoid hiring gang bangers and wife beaters.

I'll cut Moss some slack on this one. Most of us have bags in our trunk that we dont care for our co-workers, children or maybe our mammas to know about.

But most of us have a filter between our brains and our mouth. Guess God spent all his time developing Randy's speed and agility and didnt get to the filter.

You can hear him trying to say "now i told you about this cause im a fool and cant keep my mouth shut, but that doesnt mean I want all the kids to go be like me."

It's not like he is T.O. or anything. Speaking of him, if you want a good laugh at Terrell's expense, go to http://www.foryouto.com/pages/1/index.htm

I still don't like Moss but i think better of him because he answered the questioned honestly. I don't see why the NFL even tests for something like that. Of course i think all drug test are unconstitutional.

What Moss doesn't say in the interview is that all the windows in his palacial estate have been tinted blue, so the moon always appears that way.

I don't see why the NFL tests for this either. It's definitely not a performance enhancer.......ask my boss :P

IMO Weed should be legalized anyways.

Regardless, he shouldnt be opening his mouth about it. Thats just stupid when you have endorsments and a whole league watching your every move.

You mean the Moon isn't always blue? Oh wait, let me take off these AUBURN shades. Now then........ :)

Did he start crying about he couldn't feed his family because of the blue moon dope smoking? I could care less what Moss had to say about his smoking habits, a large % of pro athletes smoke dope i.e. Ricky. Maybe the reefer has helped him be more mellow so he won't run over ticket ladies anymore.

Archived