Auburn player murder plot

AURex

Lindsay Shriver, a former Auburn cheerleader from Georgia, engaged in a plot to have her husband, former Auburn long snapper Robert Shiver, murdered by her lover and a hit man man. Robert Shiver was in the process of filing for divorce from her. She decided she wanted him dead instead. The plot was uncovered accidentally by police in the Bahamas, where he owns a home.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/how-former-auburn-cheerleader-lindsay-shiver-meet-robert-shiver-the-inside-story-recent-arrest-murder-conspiracy

I don't really understand the motivation here. Robert played in the NFL and is now an insurance company executive, assumedly the wife would get a pretty big payout/ongoing spousal support in a divorce. 

Why would you want to kill the guy? 

Always heard you got to watch out for those former cheerleaders though. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't really understand the motivation here.

Sex and lust, what else?

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Why settle for half with years to wait when you can have it all now?

Pure evil with all involved.

On 7/31/2023 at 9:09 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't really understand the motivation here. Robert played in the NFL and is now an insurance company executive, assumedly the wife would get a pretty big payout/ongoing spousal support in a divorce. 

Assuming life insurance is more and tax free. 

On 7/31/2023 at 9:09 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I think the cheerleading thing was simply wrong.   It is a horrible story.  3 children involved.   I posted elsewhere that picking your spouse is the second most important decision you will make in your life.   If you get it wrong, life will be tough.   How does the husband explain this to his kids?   Very sad.

I don't know about divorce laws in the Bahamas, but if he made the case in divorce court that she was having an affair with this other dude, he might get custody of the kids and not have to pay her a penny in alimony. That could even play out in a U.S. court.

So, that could be the motivation.

As for the other stuff, well, she was a cheerleader, he was a starter. He probably saw her as a trophy wife and she probably saw him (with his NFL contract) as a sugar daddy.

Life can get complicated even if you got some semblance of success.