Mandel's 2005 Bowl Predictions

Raven_tiger

I wonder if UF would be receiving this much preseason attention if Zook was still the coach? Meyer hasn't coached a single game in the SEC and some are already predicting the Gators to win the SEC... :blink:

I love Stewie's columns, but, c'mon, he picked Minnesota to win the Big 10 last year. Florida has a lot of talent on offense, but the defense is nothing special. The Gators lost to Miss. State last season. You don't go from that to winning an SEC championship just because there is a new coach on campus.

On a positive note, he has Auburn in the #2 SEC spot, which must mean he expects us to be in the SECCG representing the west. I guess the only reason, in his scheme, Tennessee would get a BCS bowl instead of us is that he assumes we lose in Atlanta and the loss so close to bowl time would drop us below Tennessee in the BCS rankings. Seems weird to me that the SEC #2 wouldn't be the second conference team to get a BCS bid.

Of course, I think if we can beat LSU in Baton Rouge to go to Atlanta (I don't see us going if LSU beats us), we can beat any team from the east once we get there.

Guest Tigrinum Major
On a positive note, he has Auburn in the #2 SEC spot, which must mean he expects us to be in the SECCG representing the west.  I guess the only reason, in his scheme, Tennessee would get a BCS bowl instead of us is that he assumes we lose in Atlanta and the loss so close to bowl time would drop us below Tennessee in the BCS rankings.  Seems weird to me that the SEC #2 wouldn't be the second conference team to get a BCS bid.

175610[/snapback]

He also predicts in his conference breakdown that we will finish second in the West, so his bowl projections make no sense.

Mandel's SEC Preview

Just goes to show that he is like many others, spouting off and not taking into account what he has already said a week ago. Hey, WE all might be homers, but at least we are consistent homers.

On a positive note, he has Auburn in the #2 SEC spot, which must mean he expects us to be in the SECCG representing the west.  I guess the only reason, in his scheme, Tennessee would get a BCS bowl instead of us is that he assumes we lose in Atlanta and the loss so close to bowl time would drop us below Tennessee in the BCS rankings.  Seems weird to me that the SEC #2 wouldn't be the second conference team to get a BCS bid.

175610[/snapback]

He also predicts in his conference breakdown that we will finish second in the West, so his bowl projections make no sense.

Mandel's SEC Preview

Just goes to show that he is like many others, spouting off and not taking into account what he has already said a week ago. Hey, WE all might be homers, but at least we are consistent homers.

175611[/snapback]

exactly, he has LSU winning the West in his Preview but going to the 5th place bowl (Cotton) :blink:

Archived