Facility upgrades

LPTiger

I ran into a member of the BOT at lunch today.   He said they are considering some upgrades that if approved will be announced on Friday most likely.   My sense was is wasn't small potatoes (pun intended) but not something earth shaking.   Anyone else hearing anything? 

• Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Did it sound like it involved JHS?

CT, it was tough to tell and I didn't push him to say anything other than what he volunteered.   We spoke for a moment about the water intrusion issue at Cambridge and how remediation efforts were progressing.  Then we  were speaking about how good the past several months had been on the athletics front, how AD Cohen was doing, etc. and I mentioned I had just toured the baseball facility and was excited to see how much progress had been made in a short period of time on the new baseball facilities.   It was then when he mentioned they were going to be meeting about some other upgrades this week and there could be some news by Friday.   I don't think it was baseball related because I'm closest to that program and if we were doing more than has already been  announced there I think I would have been updated/asked for additional $$$😀.   The person I was speaking with is most interested in football so a long-winded answer to say I suspect JHS is included.   

• Like 3

Nice! Not one big thing, but a bunch of things that I’m sure will make game day better. Cool to see they expanded the overall capacity a little bit! 

TLDR List:

• Stadium Capacity Increased  
    • Off the heels of record-setting season ticket sales, and through the introduction of several new premium seating options and experiences within Jordan-Hare Stadium, seating capacity for the 2023 season has been increased to 88,043.   
  • New Concessions Experiences Added  
  • Fast Flight Grab-N-Go Concessions; These stands will be located in the following locations:  
    • Lower West Concourse – Near Section 10 
    • Lower East Concourse – Near Section 24  
    • Upper West Concourse – Near Section 53  
    • Upper East Concourse – Near Section 114  
  • Bodda Getta Grab-N-Go Express Marketplaces; These marketplaces will be located in the following locations:  
    • Lower Northwest Concourse – Near Section 44  
    • Lower Northeast Concourse – Near Section 35 
  • Stadium-Wide Wifi Upgraded and Expanded  
  • Closed Captioning Added to Video Boards  
  • West Side Seating Bowl Refurbished  
  • New Play Clocks Installed Atop Lower Bowl  
  • Team Tunnel and Field Entrance Enhanced  
  • All New Lighting Effects Added  
  • DJ Booth Moved to the Student Section  
  • Special Needs Assistance Station for You (SNASY) Introduced  
  • Carrier Cooling Stations Added  
  • New Touchdown Effects Set for Jordan-Hare Stadium    
  • AU VIP Program Introduced  
  • New Flagship Radio Station Announced  
  • New Athletics App Introduced  
  • Field Level Premium Experiences Expanded
  • New Partnership with SeatGeek Introduced  
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CT Tiger said:

Welp, now that it is out, the BOT member that I ran into was none other than our very own Quentin Riggins.   Q was so excited when we were talking. His eyes were like 200% larger than they should be   This man laid it on the line for AU as a player, as a sideline reporter and now as a member of the board.   Q loves Auburn.   I've said it a hundred times we are aligned!!!  

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Welp, now that it is out, the BOT member that I ran into was none other than our very own Quentin Riggins.   Q was so excited when we were talking. His eyes were like 200% larger than they should be   This man laid it on the line for AU as a player, as a sideline reporter and now as a member of the board.   Q loves Auburn.   I've said it a hundred times we are aligned!!!  

Q has a AU heart the size of a Tiger.   We may not agree all the time with what the board decides, but all we can ask is are they doing what they think is in the best interest of AU.   As long as Q and Tim Vines are on the board, rest assured they are doing what they think is in the best interest of Auburn!!! 

• Like 1