Spectrum TV dispute with Disney

NCTiger1982

Spectrum’s rate dispute with Disney is fine, but holding viewers hostage is not. If Spectrum thinks all of the blowback is just coming Disney’s way they have another thing coming. Their service is high to start with and this BS takes the cake. On another but related note WTH Disney ? I wish another billionaire with a would buy them and purge the management. Disney & Spectrum can kiss my _ _ _ !!!!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I got Dish Network and this same crap happened to me year b4 last. Right at the start of football season. A coincidence? I think not. These disputes happen with all carriers and Disney. But never seem to happen outside of football season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see how this is a good move for Charter.  Most of the ppl I know are canceling and getting YTTV

• Like 4

Spectrum knows their bundle is history when ESPN goes Direct to Consumer. Iger has made it clear that day is fast approaching. 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I got Dish Network and this same crap happened to me year b4 last. Right at the start of football season. A coincidence? I think not. These disputes happen with all carriers and Disney. But never seem to happen outside of football season 

It absolutely does, its just more noticeable when it happens just before or right at the start of the season and only then if it involves a sports channel many want for that purpose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

It absolutely does, its just more noticeable when it happens just before or right at the start of the season and only then if it involves a sports channel many want for that 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

I work for Charter Spectrum … I think it will be resolved by mid next week … the mouse is trying to pass along their $3 BILLION commitment to the cable companies … Charter was first but Comcast, Cox, Dish, DTV, etc. won’t be far behind … billionaires negotiating with billionaires never works out well for us common folks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nthemix said:

I work for Charter Spectrum … I think it will be resolved by mid next week … the mouse is trying to pass along their $3 BILLION commitment to the cable companies … Charter was first but Comcast, Cox, Dish, DTV, etc. won’t be far behind … billionaires negotiating with billionaires never works out well for us common folks 

Hope you are correct about the dispute.  Now, can you do something about my signal interference? 😀 Had 2 techs come out, laid new line underground to house.  It improved a lot, but occasionally strikes again.  I think it comes from my next door neighbor's wi-fi.

33 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Hope you are correct about the dispute.  Now, can you do something about my signal interference? 😀 Had 2 techs come out, laid new line underground to house.  It improved a lot, but occasionally strikes again.  I think it comes from my next door neighbor's wi-fi.

You need this. Should help tremendously…

image.png.14389c3650b2c22eda0d724746177723.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nthemix said:

These providers and Disney’s should be REQUIRED BY LAW to keep the service available to the consumer until the dispute is resolved. I have yet to see a credit on my monthly fee when these channels are blacked out, i.e, we’re still paying for the service but not receiving it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

These providers and Disney’s should be REQUIRED BY LAW to keep the service available to the consumer until the dispute is resolved. I have yet to see a credit on my monthly fee when these channels are blacked out, i.e, we’re still paying for the service but not receiving it.

I haven’t tried it yet, but apparently they are offering a whopping $15 credit.

56 minutes ago, TigerfanKM said:

As long as you have reliable internet, I think YouTubeTV is excellent! It has all the channels and you can watch multiple CFB games at once.

Eventually, they make their way around to gouging every service. No service is immune from the greed.

• Like 2

Having the same issue with DirecTv and NexStar. DirecTv or NexStar has taken local FOX and CW networks off the air. Being a Bears fan, I hope this gets fixed by Sunday. I don't get to see many Bear games nationally in Colorado Springs.

On 9/3/2023 at 2:55 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

Eventually, they make their way around to gouging every service. No service is immune from the greed.

Except with a streaming service there no contracts or equipment you need.  You can start using a new streaming service in minutes with Smart TV or Roku box. No wait for an installer.  I’m on YouTube Tv and dropped DirecTV. Better cheaper service. 

• Like 1