The SEC vs PAC 12 teams in California

TeamZero77

I've never really paid much attention to all of these stats but there's some crazy stats coming to surface this week about SEC teams against PAC 12 teams. 

Since 2000, the SEC has played a PAC 12 team 8 times in the state of California. The SEC has lost all 8 games. This stat isn't just California teams but PAC 12 teams that played the game in the state of California.

Auburn has never won in the state of California. We lost to Santa Clara in 1936, lost to USC in 2002 and lost to Florida State in 2013 in Pasadena.

I still think we win very comfortably but everybody I've watched break this game down thinks it will be a nail biter and its 50/50.

We are a 6.5 point favorite but FPI gives Cal a 55% chance to win. 

This is one of those games I hate. If we win, we were supposed to. If we lose, we get dogged out by everybody because of how terrible Cal has been forever. (I know their roster is flipped this year and they're better)

It's why no bigger schools wanted to put Boise State on their schedule back in the day. If you win, you were supposed to. If you lose, everybody thinks you're garbage. Urban Meyer refused to play Boise State in Gainesville when he had Tim Tebow because of that very reason. You're the #1 team in America and you should win but there's a damn good chance Boise would catch you slipping. 

Anyway, I still say we win but I'm not as confident.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

Yeah. Huge difference in time zones. If you had unlimited money and no school, you'd fly the team out on Tuesday to get used to the time difference. There's a reason HF doesn't care for this game. 

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Yeah. Huge difference in time zones. If you had unlimited money and no school, you'd fly the team out on Tuesday to get used to the time difference. There's a reason HF doesn't care for this game. 

C'mon, it's 2 hours

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

It's a 9:30 kickoff. Right? And jet lag is an old timer thing I guess. 

That's not that big of a deal.  It's not like they are going to India and it's 12hrs difference.

But as an over the hill guy in EST, imma be struggling to make it through.  I'm exhausted right now and it's not even game time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

When I went to Ft Irwin, I woke up two hours early for a week.  Wake up early, get tired early.  Those two hours do make a difference.

That's what I was saying. 

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

C'mon, it's 2 hours

It's worse than you think. I co-founded a company HQ'd in San Diego. I was out there monthly at times, never less than quarterly for the better part of a decade. It always wore me down, and I was a lot younger then. You just hit a wall at night IF you have a full daily schedule. If you have decent amounts of downtime, you can adapt a little better. My biggest problem was sleeping until a reasonable hour in the AM. I always woke up at 4 AM PST whether I wanted to or not, which left me running out of gas by a late dinnertime.  

Edited by TigerHorn

• WarTiger changed the title to The SEC vs PAC 12 teams in California

Time difference doesn't concern me. The climate does. If you've never been out there, the dry air makes a difference. You lose more moisture than you realize, and suddenly you're really tired and wondering why. That's just from walking around - you can imagine it will be amplified when pushing full speed. Of course the team and trainers will be doing their best to keep everyone hydrated, but it still takes some getting used to, and there's no substitute for experiencing it and knowing how your body will respond. 

Traveling for a living, I think they will be fine till the sun sets. There bio clock will kick in hard even with a 2 hour difference and they will have to be ready to override it or the second half could get ugly. They are going to be playing ball till 1am there time. 1am is the start of what sleep scientists call Window of Circadian Low. It is no joke and the hardest time to stay awake biologically. 

I wish these gentlemen luck. War Eagle!

18 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

When I went to Ft Irwin, I woke up two hours early for a week.  Wake up early, get tired early.  Those two hours do make a difference.

Wait they let you sleep there? What up with that? I was there as a battalion ALO back in the day.