Is this Upset Saturday?

AURex

There are some teams out there desperately in need of a win who will be playing their asses off trying to salvage their season or get to a conference championship or whatever. I'm thinking that there are games this Saturday that are ripe for upsets as a result.

Notre Dame at Clemson -- Clemson is 4-4 and people have been writing them off. But 2 of those losses were in overtime and most of their losses (including to FSU) were due to fumbles in scoring position in the red zone. If Clemson can actually hold onto the ball, they'd probably have only one loss. Can Clemson pull off the upset of Notre Dame?

LSU at Bama -- LSU has one of the most potent offenses in the country. Unfortunately, their defense is porous. Bama defense is good, but not dominant like in the past, so LSU will put up some points. But the Bama offense has improved and will likely score well against the shabby LSU defense. I expect a high scoring game. Could LSU pull off the upset?

Washington at USC -- Washington struggled for wins in its last two games. USC has a good offense, but their defense stinks. Still USC is desperate. If UDub plays the way they've played the past 2 games, could USC pull off the upset?

Oklahoma at Oklahoma State -- Sooners have barely pulled out 2 games, then lost last week. The Cowboys are unhappy about their forever-rivalry disappearing with Oklahoma moving to the SEC next year. So they are desperate to show the Sooners a farewell they'll remember. Can Oky State pull off an upset?

A&M at Ole Miss -- The Aggies have under-performed again this year despite overwhelming talent. Ole Miss has only one loss and would have a shot at the West championship if LSU beats Bama. But A&M is desperate and has a pretty good defense, especially up front. Could A&M pull off the upset to try to save Jimbo's ass?

What are your predictions on these games?

PS: I don't realistically think Missery upsets UGA or Arkansas upsets Florida. And I'll skip Vandy's chances of upsetting Auburn, which is not zero, as this is in the Rivals column.

Edited by AURex

1 minute ago, AURex said:
There are some teams out there desperately in need of a win who will be playing their asses off trying to salvage their season or get to a conference championship or whatever. I'm thinking that there are games this Saturday that are ripe for upsets as a result.

Notre Dame at Clemson -- Clemson is 4-4 and people have been writing them off. But 2 of those losses were in overtime and most of their losses (including to FSU) were due to fumbles in scoring position in the red zone. If Clemson can actually hold onto the ball, they'd probably have only one loss. Can Clemson pull off the upset of Notre Dame?

LSU at Bama -- LSU has one of the most potent offenses in the country. Unfortunately, their defense is porous. Bama defense is good, but not dominant like in the past, so LSU will put up some points. But the Bama offense has improved and will likely score well against the shabby LSU defense. I expect a high scoring game. Could LSU pull off the upset?

Washington at USC -- Washington struggled for wins in its last two games. USC has a good offense, but their defense stinks. Still USC is desperate. If UDub plays the way they've played the past 2 games, could USC pull off the upset?

Oklahoma at Oklahoma State -- Sooners have barely pulled out 2 games, then lost last week. The Cowboys are unhappy about their forever-rivalry disappearing with Oklahoma moving to the SEC next year. So they are desperate to show the Sooners a farewell they'll remember. Can Oky State pull off an upset?

A&M at Ole Miss -- The Aggies have under-performed again this year despite overwhelming talent. Ole Miss has only one loss and would have a shot at the West championship if LSU beats Bama. But A&M is desperate and has a pretty good defense, especially up front. Could A&M pull off the upset to try to save Jimbo's ass?

What are your predictions on these games?

Not ready to make a prediction but who I'm pulling for:
ND
LSU
Washington
OSU
Mississippi

I believe TAMU beats OM. Early games are rarely great for the home team. 

Piggies off to a hot start against the Gators (because of course they are...that being said, it would be very funny to see the Jorts collapse down the stretch).

How can aTm be so weak with all that talent?

Want OM to win

Want to see aTm have to dump $70 million to get rid of Jimbo

I just want Ole Miss to lose this game. We gotta put a stop to this ascension of that program. Cannot have them sneaking into the SEC championship.

Why do we have to see Brad and Nikki Johnson after every play? Its worse than Taylor Swift

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just want Ole Miss to lose this game. We gotta put a stop to this ascension of that program. Cannot have them sneaking into the SEC championship.

For me need Tamu to lose to show even with all that talent they still suck. Ole Miss will be taken care of next week

1 minute ago, e808 said:

For me need Tamu to lose to show even with all that talent they still suck. Ole Miss will be taken care of next week

I’d rather TAM do just enough to keep Jimbo, but never make the big dance. 

• Like 4

Looks like Arky will suffer a heartbreaking loss. I'll take that lol.

Ideally a multi-OT affair that leaves both teams exhausted!

Edited by AUwent