We’ve Hit a New Low

ScotsAU

In the Capitol yesterday, there were two incidents. One person actually assaulted someone. Another threatened to. Both of these people were elected officials. We’ve hit a new low in our representation in Congress. Childish threats of school yard brawls… Elbowing someone in the back… Good grief. They should all go. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The worst part is that some of them will be rewarded for their lack of class.  They will fund raise off of their foolish behavior and people will actually send them money and give them a loud atta boy. 

• Like 2

Again, all those that defend and support trump and maga members always try do it on policy - and they list biden stuff. And bidens definitely a mess - the border, Afghanistan, ect.

But this is bigger  - these ELECTED officials are unstable personalities. These are not republicans. Some should be getting help. Why does it surprise anyone when crazy people do crazy things. Everyone who supports these 1/6 type guys - bear the consequences. 

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, all those that defend and support trump and maga members always try do it on policy - and they list biden stuff. And bidens definitely a mess - the border, Afghanistan, ect.

But this is bigger  - these ELECTED officials are unstable personalities. These are not republicans. Some should be getting help. Why does it surprise anyone when crazy people do crazy things. Everyone who supports these 1/6 type guys - bear the consequences. 

Yeah. I’m a moderate, a liberal, or a libertarian depending on what’s going on in politics on a given day. So I don’t pretend to lean conservative on some of the issues. But my dad is a staunch Reagan conservative. He’s disgusted by the Republican Party right now. It’s like all the bros and sleezes that bullied people in high school and haven’t been successful since have found politics as a place they can be their obnoxious selves and thrive.

Edited by ScotsAU

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Yeah. I’m a moderate, a liberal, or a libertarian depending on what’s going on in politics on a given day. So I don’t pretend to lean conservative on some of the issues. But my dad is a staunch Reagan conservative. He’s disgusted by the Republican Party right now.

I’m right of center.  But my father was a massive Reagan guy as well. If he would have seen trump or witnessed 1/6, he would have exploded into flames.  

• Sad 1