UConn/Marquette

UConn #2

Marquette #8

Dont see how either of these teams stand up to SEC play. D is pretty loose. Play under the basket not very aggressive.

Uconn can hit from outside everywhere.

Marquette does not run an O, yet ranked #8.

Not terribly impressed.

What am I missing?

Yankee cheerleaders leave a lot to be hoped for too.

Woof.

Just now, AUGoo said:

Yankee

How old are we?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

How old are we?

Too

Big East officials way better 

I was very impressed with UConn in the few games I saw. They have the ability beat you multiple ways, the pace of play doesn't matter to them, and they seemed like a very balanced team.

• Like 1

For UConn at least, they have a surgical offensive system. One thing to keep in mind is that intra-conf matchups involve a level of familiarity that won't exist in the tourney. If I'm reading their wiki correctly, they have at least 2 of their 5 natties that came in seasons where they didn't even win the Big East. 

Big East is also a really top heavy conference. Marq beat the dog crap out of Kansas and Creighton has a win over Bama. I had the game in the background so no real breakdown on what I saw, but it was two quality teams that have been great tourney/OOC performers going at each other tonight

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

If you want a real example of a point guard through and through, Tyler Kolek man. There's not many college PGs ever that'll give you something like 12 assists and you're just like "ah, that's just a day for him". And that's with having a center (Ighodaro) who they routinely run in a point center type role. That's what I remember that allowed them to kill Kansas, Ighodaro's ability to operate from the perimeter and take Hunter Dickinson off the dribble. 

Dickinson is a cone on defense compared to Broome, but that's not the type of guy we'd want our guy to defend IMO

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby