Team WarReady

WAR READY is giving it one more go to try and get somewhere in this tourney.  They are trying to give us an all Auburn team.  So far we have the following: 

Samir Doughty

Malik Dunbar

DeSean Murray

Mustapha Heron

This link is for a go fund me for the team for donations.  

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What is TBT?

throw back thursday? i have no idea.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What is TBT?

The Basketball Tournament

A tournament featuring mainly ex college players (and a few randoms thrown in here and there on some teams) representing various colleges. It is held in mid summer, usually around July 4th. I've watched it a little because there isn't much on sports wise that time of year (unless you're a baseball fan, which I'm not). 

• Thanks 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Team WarReady

Yeah there's been virtually no ROI to date on that team. I honestly think Auburn fans who've donated would be fine with a non-Auburn PG if he was actually good at playing the PG position lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some nice names involved. There was actually a fair amount of excitement to begin with. They’ve just been pretty non-competitive and folks have tuned out. 

• Like 1

I think they won their Round 1 game last year but have lost the first round every year prior.  Agreed the primary issue has been the point.  Then player end up not playing. Seems like Bryce was going to play one year but didn't dress out when it came time.  The winner gets $1 million.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I think they won their Round 1 game last year but have lost the first round every year prior.  Agreed the primary issue has been the point.  Then player end up not playing. Seems like Bryce was going to play one year but didn't dress out when it came time.  The winner gets $1 million.  

Think Sharife has a few more years of doing the G-League thing and potentially some overseas ball, but he'd be a generational TBT player. 

I think I may have said it in the War Ready discussion from a couple years ago, but what you really need to be a school that fields a good team, is good vets that are past real pro contention, but not too too old. These would really be the guys from the first half of Bruce's tenure, but many of those outside of like Canty or Dunans aren't very popular. And many of them are also...not very good. 

If this experiment kept going for another 3-4 years, you could possibly put the Jared Harpers, Bryces, Samir, I'd even say as recent as the 2020-21 season, into this, and get real buy-in. But as of now, all the players that showed any level of pro promise seem to have this on the back burner, if they're willing to participate at all. 

• Like 2