SEC Tourney Game By Game preview & Predictions

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Not the point.  If you had to bet your farm on the tourney winner, who would you choose?

Just in fun tiger, just in fun.

I must say this- it sure is NICE not having to play on Wednesdays night in the SEC tournament! I, along with most on this board, remember the dark ages when we played in this round nearly every year. If you are playing on Wednesday, you have had a truly awful season. Usually already looking to next year. They don't call it "March Sadness" for nothing!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

If I HAD to bet, Kentucky. I still don't trust Barnes and UT in postseason play. I would put us close to UT at third best chances.

My point, exactly.  Right now, with their talent overflow plus their gelling just before season's end, I think Kentucky is the most dangerous team in the SEC.

Plus, with Kentucky's proximity to Nashville, their fans will pack the gym in all their games.

I'm more fearful of them than any SEC team, especially after they spanked us in our own gym earlier this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Dear God this is an ugly ass game so far. I forgot how it was watching two bad teams. 😂 

I bet Mizzou regrets giving Gates that insane contract extension last year- buyout is 21 million! I know they had a breakthrough season last year. But man, hard for a coach to survive an 0-18 season in conference.

• Like 1

Missouri is closing the gap...some.

Kansas getting their butts whooped right now. I seriously do not understand how they're still being considered as a 3/4 seed. They are sliding more than any "top" team lately. And their big dude dislocated his shoulder. They're finished. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Missouri is closing the gap...some.

I honestly feel sorry for them. Not a single win in 18 games. I hope they can pull one out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Kansas getting their butts whooped right now. I seriously do not understand how they're still being considered as a 3/4 seed. They are sliding more than any "top" team lately. And their big dude dislocated his shoulder. They're finished. 

I have heard rumors that Self is trying to play the committee, saying the injured players will be back for the NCAA tournament. Many think they are injured a lot worse than they are saying. But after the treatment FSU got in football- I would NEVER disclose the severity of injuries. Even if my best player were certainly out for the season, I would list them as "day to day".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I honestly feel sorry for them. Not a single win in 18 games. I hope they can pull one out. 

Me too. Hate to see them go winless in the conference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Me too. Hate to see them go winless in the conference.

I wonder if Mike White's seat will start to get a little warm if they lose this one.

4 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I wonder if Mike White's seat will start to get a little warm if they lose this one.

Hope not. He's a good coach, I think.

Missouri up by 4. Forever to go.

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

I wear O&B too, but I think you missed the intent.

Would you really bet money you couldn't afford to lose on AU in this touney?  If so, then cool.  I respect that.

Got the intent. My money would be be on KY. Objectively, I think it's Auburns to lose. I'm drinking Mich Ultras and Buffalo Trace so who knows?😆

• Like 2

Mizzou looking good for this one, I think.

1 minute ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Got the intent. My money would be be on KY. Objectively, I think it's Auburns to lose. I'm drinking Mich Ultras and Buffalo Trace so who knows?😆

Mich Ultra and a little vodka here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Not sure who I want to win between USC and Arky tomorrow. I think Arky is the more dangerous team. But playing their 3rd game in 3 days vs us, fatigue might start to be a real factor, especially with our depth. South Carolina is just a blue collar team who has really overachieved this year.

Give me a tired Arky team. We handled both without any trouble during the season. Something about that USCe team...they just keep on coming. I thought for sure they would fade after we blew them out but they kept on winning. We got in Arkys head last time we played them. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Agree 100%.

That is true more of basketball, than football.

And it is true more of baseball, than basketball.

100%

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

I say let Kansas keep getting over hyped & stay at a 3/4 seed, then get put out in the 1st round by a double digit seed so we can laugh our butts off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1