SEC Tourney Game By Game preview & Predictions

Edited by aubiefifty

not sure if you guys are interested in this but posted it on a whim. let me know so i do not waste my time please.

• aubiefifty changed the title to SEC Tourney Game By Game preview & Predictions

I like the way we match up with SC better.  Arky played some good bball at the end there.  Had the turds beat on the road if not for a missed dunk.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I like the way we match up with SC better.  Arky played some good bball at the end there.  Had the turds beat on the road if not for a missed dunk.

I agree. While they have had a tough year, Arkansas is definitely a lot more talented than South Carolina. Plus, Musselman always seems to have his teams ready to play in the postseason. That is why I wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas beats Vandy, then South Carolina. But you are right, South Carolina would probably be a more favorable matchup for us. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Not necessarily predicting it, but I won't be at all shocked if Arkansas is the team we face Friday.

Me either.  In some ways, I think I'd rather play South Carolina.  Arky outplayed Alabama in Coleman last week.

• Like 2

OK, I'll play.  For tonight, I'm predicting:

• Arky over Vandy
  • Missouri over UGA

And I'll bet 5 imaginary dollars on each game, backed by my newly-minted cryptocurrency "MunnyCoin" (abbreviated "MC" on the exchange). 

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Missouri over UGA

Man! I don't see that.  Mizzou is baaaad.

7 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Not necessarily predicting it, but I won't be at all shocked if Arkansas is the team we face Friday.

Well, so much for that😂

16 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Well, so much for that😂

The game isn't over yet, Lol.

• Like 1

Well boys, I just tuned in and saw the last two minutes of regulation.  What a comeback by Vandy.  Exciting game.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

The game isn't over yet, Lol.

Overtime! Maybe they can play for a while and get into both these team's legs a bit in case we see them Friday.

Just now, WillMunny said:

Well boys, I just tuned in and saw the last two minutes of regulation.  What a comeback by Vandy.  Exciting game.

I hope they play a while, then whoever wins goes about 4 OT's with South Carolina tomorrow.

• Like 1

Arky pulling away...sort of.

• Like 1

Arky pulled it out.  I'm 1-0 on picks thus far, and I have Missouri over Georgia in the next game.  Risky pick, I know...

• Like 1

So, just for fun, suppose that you were forced to bet an amount of money that you couldn't afford to lose on the SEC Tournament winner.  Who would you pick?

Under those circumstances, I'd have to pick either Kentucky or Tennessee.  Ultimately, I'd have to go with Kentucky.  They have the most overall talent, and they finally figured out how to play together at the end of the regular season.

But I sure am hoping for an Auburn championship...go Bruce.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

So, just for fun, suppose that you were forced to bet an amount of money that you couldn't afford to lose on the SEC Tournament winner.  Who would you pick?

Under those circumstances, I'd have to pick either Kentucky or Tennessee.  Ultimately, I'd have to go with Kentucky.  They have the most overall talent, and they finally figured out how to play together at the end of the regular season.

But I sure am hoping for an Auburn championship...go Bruce.

I get what you're saying buuuutt. I wear Orange and Blue glasses. War Eagle!

Edited by sandyclawedtiger

I heard a lifetime 40 year basketball coach say today that the conference championship is the Holy Grail. He said that the tournament is all about matchups and who gets hot at the right time. He also said the best team in the nation rarely wins. Made a point to ask a naysayer if he would bet Farleigh Dickinson in a best 3 of 5 in a tournament. They beat Purdue last year. One time. It's what makes this a great time of year. 

I mean Tennessee is the safe bet. They have been the best and most consistent team all year. Now if they play each other in the finals I just may have to pick Kentucky but I’d be surprised if they make it. Not sure they can play that high level consistently. I hope AU can snag a couple wins. We’ve gone out quickly the last couple seasons. Need to shake that monkey 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I wear O&B too, but I think you missed the intent.

Would you really bet money you couldn't afford to lose on AU in this touney?  If so, then cool.  I respect that.

I agree, Kentucky has the most talent. But I don't think anybody is head and shoulders above everybody else going into this tournament. 

10 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I heard a lifetime 40 year basketball coach say today that the conference championship is the Holy Grail. He said that the tournament is all about matchups and who gets hot at the right time. He also said the best team in the nation rarely wins. Made a point to ask a naysayer if he would bet Farleigh Dickinson in a best 3 of 5 in a tournament. They beat Purdue last year. One time. It's what makes this a great time of year. 

Agree 100%.

That is true more of basketball, than football.

And it is true more of baseball, than basketball.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Arky pulled it out.  I'm 1-0 on picks thus far, and I have Missouri over Georgia in the next game.  Risky pick, I know...

Not sure who I want to win between USC and Arky tomorrow. I think Arky is the more dangerous team. But playing their 3rd game in 3 days vs us, fatigue might start to be a real factor, especially with our depth. South Carolina is just a blue collar team who has really overachieved this year.

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Not the point.  If you had to bet your farm on the tourney winner, who would you choose?

Just in fun tiger, just in fun.

If I HAD to bet, Kentucky. I still don't trust Barnes and UT in postseason play. I would put us close to UT at third best chances.

• Like 1

Dear God this is an ugly ass game so far. I forgot how it was watching two bad teams. 😂 

• Like 2