Broome on finebaum

they will probably show it a couple of times if you get a chance.

I've been listening to Finebaum for many years now.  He has always liked to stir the pot to the point of it being entertaining. And up until a year or two ago his show was alot about sports, with some (sports knowledgeable callers) mixed in.  Now his show is very little about sports & now it is probably 80% loud mouthed, foul mouthed half drunk to completely drunk rednecks that like to call each other idiots and mo-rons (mostly Turd Fans).  So his show has pretty much become trash compared to what it used to be & find myself changing the channel quite often.

Having a guest like Johni on is a rarity now adays, but I'm glad he's getting exposure for himself & Auburn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I've been listening to Finebaum for many years now.  He has always liked to stir the pot to the point of it being entertaining. And up until a year or two ago his show was alot about sports, with some (sports knowledgeable callers) mixed in.  Now his show is very little about sports & now it is probably 80% loud mouthed, foul mouthed half drunk to completely drunk rednecks that like to call each other idiots and mo-rons (mostly Turd Fans).  So his show has pretty much become trash compared to what it used to be & find myself changing the channel quite often.

Having a guest like Johni on is a rarity now adays, but I'm glad he's getting exposure for himself & Auburn.

yea h i am sick of ol jim. if i see a video on youtube i will post it. i just wanted to see the love and excuses folks will have for auburn.............

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yea h i am sick of ol jim. if i see a video on youtube i will post it. i just wanted to see the love and excuses folks will have for auburn.............

I know where you come from brother.  I appreciate all the articles you post on this forum.  Keep it up.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I know where you come from brother.  I appreciate all the articles you post on this forum.  Keep it up.

thank you! i plan to do it until the wheels fall off................

• Like 1

Paul Finebammer is a traitor and a turncoat - UT grad turned bammer.

Even so, before his BSPN days, I used to listen to his show on the way home from work every day (when it was all about Auburn and Alabama).  Sure did love (and now miss) Tammy.  She was my favorite caller, and she could get under Finebammer's skin like no other.

Legend (Paul's favorite caller) should still be in prison.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Even so, before his BSPN days, I used to listen to his show on the way home from work every day (when it was all about Auburn and Alabama).  Sure did love (and now miss) Tammy.  She was my favorite caller, and she could get under Finebammer's skin like no other.

he is trying to do springer but it is never funny. ol jim was picking on a kid and he suxx for doing it and finebaum does for allowing it for ratings...........

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Many years ago I about LMAO when I saw that Legend was really just a fat white guy. Calling into Finebaum’s show playing like he’s some street-grizzled, reformed gang-bangin’ black dude….smh 

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Haha 1

ya'll let us know if Broome said anything interesting. I managed to listen/watch about 10 mins of the finebaum show when it starting to air on SEC network. Very Jerry Springer in that it just makes fun of the people watching it. 

• Like 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Broome on finebaum
2 hours ago, gravejd said:

ya'll let us know if Broome said anything interesting. I managed to listen/watch about 10 mins of the finebaum show when it starting to air on SEC network. Very Jerry Springer in that it just makes fun of the people watching it. 

Yeah, the joke is actually on the audience for wasting their time listening to mud wrestling.

• Like 1

i have an auburn ball cap from the eighties autographed by paul and a best friend got it for me at a meet and greet and he is a bama fan.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:00 PM, gravejd said:

https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/39761154

Has anybody else ever noticed that Finebaum NEVER talks X's and O's about football or basketball? I never paid attention to this until about 10 years ago when Bill Curry mentioned it in an article I was reading. Curry said that Finebaum never talks X's and O's because he can't. He said Paul is only in the business of getting coaches fired. 

I've always viewed Finebaum as a shock jock like Howard Stern but in the sports world. It seems the past several years he is a mixture of Howard Stern meets Jerry Springer. I will give him credit on this; every fanbase swears that he hates their school and loves their rival school. Bammers think he hates them and loves Auburn. We think he hates us and loves Bammers. I guess that means he is doing his job. I think he has an allegiance to certain coaches, rather than to schools. He seemed to love Tuberville but he hated Mike Shula. He loves Pat Dye, Gene Stallings, Spurrier and Saban but he hates Phillip Fulmer and Les Miles. 

Does anybody remember the story about Finebaum getting his ass chewed out at Coleman Coliseum by Mark Gottfried's then wife Elizabeth? It made headlines and is an easy find on Google. She was pissed off at Paul because he was going on his show everyday and complaining about how bad Mark Gottfried was doing as Bama basketball head coach. Finebaum would get the Bammer's stirred up and they would call for Gottfried to be fired daily. Paul also did this to Mike Shula.

Anyway, Finebaum was sitting courtside at a Bama basketball game and it was sold out at Coleman Coliseum. Then Elizabeth Gottfried seen Paul and confronted him in front of the entire crowd. She was screaming at Paul and said that Paul doesn't realize these coaches have families and said that the Gottfried's 5 kids hear this stuff about how their Dad is going to be fired. Then Finebaum went on his show the next day and stirred the pot even worse. I also remember Gene Chizik saying the same thing about Finebaum trying to always get coaches fired. 

On 3/18/2024 at 2:21 PM, ArgoEagle said:

Now his show is very little about sports & now it is probably 80% loud mouthed, foul mouthed half drunk to completely drunk rednecks that like to call each other idiots and mo-rons (mostly Turd Fans).  So his show has pretty much become trash compared to what it used to be

Interesting. The few times I tuned in back during the 2010 season, it was exactly this. Shane from Centerpoint, wanna-be legend, Darriel, I-Man, Tammy and Phyllis all screaming at each other. So I don’t see how it’s changed at all.

Edited by Viper

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Does anybody remember the story about Finebaum getting his ass chewed out at Coleman Coliseum by Mark Gottfried's then wife Elizabeth? It made headlines and is an easy find on Google. She was pissed off at Paul because he was going on his show everyday and complaining about how bad Mark Gottfried was doing as Bama basketball head coach. Finebaum would get the Bammer's stirred up and they would call for Gottfried to be fired daily. Paul also did this to Mike Shula.

Anyway, Finebaum was sitting courtside at a Bama basketball game and it was sold out at Coleman Coliseum. Then Elizabeth Gottfried seen Paul and confronted him in front of the entire crowd. She was screaming at Paul and said that Paul doesn't realize these coaches have families and said that the Gottfried's 5 kids hear this stuff about how their Dad is going to be fired. Then Finebaum went on his show the next day and stirred the pot even worse. I also remember Gene Chizik saying the same thing about Finebaum trying to always get coaches fired. 

IIRC, a few years ago, there was a similar incident involving Gus Malzahn's wife. She went off on Finebaum somewhere for things he said about Auburn. I remember Finebaum talking about it on his show. He kinda played it down, saying "I still slept that night".

Edited by WillMunny

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Has anybody else ever noticed that Finebaum NEVER talks X's and O's about football or basketball? I never paid attention to this until about 10 years ago when Bill Curry mentioned it in an article I was reading. Curry said that Finebaum never talks X's and O's because he can't. He said Paul is only in the business of getting coaches fired. 

I've always viewed Finebaum as a shock jock like Howard Stern but in the sports world. It seems the past several years he is a mixture of Howard Stern meets Jerry Springer. I will give him credit on this; every fanbase swears that he hates their school and loves their rival school. Bammers think he hates them and loves Auburn. We think he hates us and loves Bammers. I guess that means he is doing his job. I think he has an allegiance to certain coaches, rather than to schools. He seemed to love Tuberville but he hated Mike Shula. He loves Pat Dye, Gene Stallings, Spurrier and Saban but he hates Phillip Fulmer and Les Miles. 

Started listening to Finebaum in about 1989/1990. He was on local radio when I lived in Birmingham, Al.  Finebaum has always been mostly a purveyor of college sports related rumor, gossip, controversy, jealousy, hatred, etc. especially if he has something that bammer fans will feed on.  There's nothing he enjoys more than getting sports fans to argue and hate each other.  It is similar to politicians who engineer wedge issues to make people jealous and enraged, so they will mindlessly hand over their money, votes and influence.  Remember when that psycho bammer fan poisoned the Toomers Corner tree in Auburn?  He got that moron to admit that he poisoned the tree on Finebaum's radio show (live broadcast)  Bammer fans eat up that stuff because deep down inside their heart of hearts they hate  Auburn and enjoyed the tree poisoning.  X's and O's are a waste of air time in Paul Finebaum's mind.