Gene Chizik

Raven_tiger

minor correction.. Ohio State had 5 Field Goals. Which means they could have had 5 TDs... but Chizik's awesome.

5 FGs is crazy though.

Recap/Article on the game

180231[/snapback]

5 FGs total, 3 resulted from turnovers deep inside UT territory. What I actually meant was that in spite of the UT offense putting the UT defense in a bad position(s), Chizik's defense did not give up a TD on those turnovers.

:au:

I'm still a little upset that he left us for the same coaching position (d-coordinator) because it was a "better opportunity" but he is a hell of a coach.

180253[/snapback]

We all know Chiz is a great coach. But it was Tubs' defense all along. Gibbs will do fine. In fact he may turn out better. Who knows at this point. Remember, Tubs' first choice a few years ago was Gibbs.

We shall see.....

That Texas defense really resembled ours of last year.. we bent, but we didn't break. We would allow teams to get close, but then we turned on the heat. So maybe Chizik did have something to do with it.. I doubt it was just Tubervilles defense. heh.

I'm still a little upset that he left us for the same coaching position (d-coordinator) because it was a "better opportunity" but he is a hell of a coach.

180253[/snapback]

We all know Chiz is a great coach. But it was Tubs' defense all along.

180271[/snapback]

:huh:

I really don't know how you compare or even if it matters. Gene is going to help Texas get to the promise land.. Texas's good fortune. Gibbs just needs to be good enough.

Our D looked much improved against State. I would not say this year's starters on D is more talented than last year either, maybe a little deeper. Our D is good and has been good for some time now. It doesn't matter who the coach is as long as he knows D and we play good D.

For the record, UAT's D was helped tremendously last year by a soft schedule and a clock eating running game. They can be just as good this year but down somewhat on the stats. Harder schedule and struggling to find a running game will let us see how good this D really is.

3 UT turnovers deep in UT territory, UT limited OSU to only 3 FGs. Great job Coach Chizik :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:

180228[/snapback]

Hey Chizik...KISS THIS... :moon:

180429[/snapback]

Exactly!

And yes raven, those who know jack know that tubby dictates what style of defense we run among other things defense wise. He was a defensive coach at miami during their title runs.

OSU had no O whatsoever coming in and racked up 22 points, albeit with a few breaks against UT.

What about the bonehead defense they were running when they gave up the long td pass? Only one defensive guy on one entire side of the field. OSU saw it and attacked it and scored easily.

Sure hope Mack Brown doesn't say anything to Chizik about that or he might get his panties all wadded up and leave. :lol:

Archived