Who wins? South Carolina or Bama?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? South Carolina or Bama?

• South Carolina
    • Bama

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even before their game against Georgia I was a little worried about playing SC this year. Spurrier is a great college coach and coaches like him can beat team with superior talent.

uat has NO o-line. They couldn't protect the skinny kid vs Sou. Miss. When they play a REAL SEC Team, he will be in trouble. The question is....Is usc a REAL SEC Team?

unless they have a letdown after losing to uga, usc wins by at least 3 touchdowns.

180363[/snapback]

Yeah...bama was gonna beat AU by 3 TDs last year...but they had a letdown...

At least bring something only half ignorant to the table.

180432[/snapback]

Let's see, a team without a home (practicing and living at university of memphis) and without 2 suspended starters on defense, from a non-bcs conference gave the bammer offense and defense fits for 45 minutes in their own stadium. Without a once-in-a-lifetime catch from a 5'6" WR, and another 50 yd bomb, which made up 40% of broodie's passing yards, bammer doesn't even come close to winning. And don't even try and compare usm's defense with any from the SEC except uk (talk about ignorant statements).

Just think what a team that can actually move the ball will do the 'mighty thad'.

Get ready tied, it's not going to be pretty. I'll stand by the 3 TD statement, I'll even go so far to say 38-17. This isn't another non-BCS warm-up.

All Alabama needs to do is run the ball, while South Carolina looked a lot better than i expected them to, Georgia could run the ball left and right against that defense. :ua::thumbsup::usc::thumbsdown:

Let's see, a team without a home (practicing and living at university of memphis) and without 2 suspended starters on defense, from a non-bcs conference gave the bammer offense and defense fits for 45 minutes in their own stadium. Without a once-in-a-lifetime catch from a 5'6" WR, and another 50 yd bomb, which made up 40% of broodie's passing yards, bammer doesn't even come close to winning. And don't even try and compare usm's defense with any from the SEC except uk (talk about ignorant statements).

Just think what a team that can actually move the ball will do the 'mighty thad'.

Get ready tied, it's not going to be pretty. I'll stand by the 3 TD statement, I'll even go so far to say 38-17. This isn't another non-BCS warm-up.

It would help, before you make these ridiculous homer statements, if you did some homework first.

1. The 2 suspended starters were allowed to play this week. One of whom was a 2 time all american DB who gave up the 52 yard bomb on the first play thanks to a perfectly thrown ball.

2. USM gave us fits for 15 mins. They picked off a stupid pass, and ran back a 28 yd punt to our 13 thanks to a blatant block in the back misscall. At one point they had 14 points and -11 total yards offense.

3. Yes Pro made a once in a lifetime catch, which accounted for 45 yards. But the other 50 yarder is part of the game. I doubt that it is fair to say "if you take away the two bombs, you wouldnt have been productive". The 45 yarder and 52 yarder equate for 97 yards ~29% of Brodies production. But they were both perfectly thrown.

4. Bama only allowed 199 yards and one touchdown drive. We ran out 7 mins of the clock on the last drive running a vanilla offense, and fumbled on their 2 yard line thanks to trying to be nice and run the same play over and over again.

You sure do talk a big game considering the fact that AU didnt score an offensive TD for, what, 36 mins? And that was thanks to an MSU fumble on their own 30.

Drive chart for AU after the 1st Q:

Missed field goal

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Fumble

30 td drive with 2 mins on the clock

unless they have a letdown after losing to uga, usc wins by at least 3 touchdowns.

180363[/snapback]

Yeah...bama was gonna beat AU by 3 TDs last year...but they had a letdown...

At least bring something only half ignorant to the table.

180432[/snapback]

180576[/snapback]

What!?

What game were you watching? Gerald McRath returned an interception 32 yards for a TD when Croyle floated a short pass, and Jasper Faulk returned a 24-yard punt by Jeff Aul to the Alabama 12 to set up a touchdown pass by Dustin Almond to a jumping Anthony Perine on the next play.

Almond added a 37-yard scoring pass to Perine to put the Golden Eagles up 21-10.

The three touchdowns basicly came from special teams, (Which we have major problems with) and a "ohh crap, I screwed up" by Brodie. All three took all of about two and a half minutes off the clock. Here, Bama is on the right side. 5 of those non- converted third downs were third and 10+ yards resulting from all those holding calls we did not receive from the whole ref. conspiracy as pointed out by the former DA from Lousiana on this board.

1st Downs 12 24

Total Yards 199 470

Passing 190 330

Rushing 9 140

Penalties 11-109 10-95

3rd Down Conversions 3-11 6-16

4th Down Conversions 0-0 2-2

Turnovers 1 2

Possession 23:42 36:18

BG, I have to ask.  What game were you watching Saturday.  You're "drive chart" for the MSU game? :blink:

I don't think it took a fumble from MSU or 36 minutes to score on them.

180610[/snapback]

The drive chart from the box score on ESPN.

I was wondering how long bg could remain "calm" and not try to make uat into something they are not. Didn't take very long at all. :D

When did this become a msu-Auburn thread??????????? Hmmm.....

I gave reasons I felt usc was going to hammer bammer. I've seen both teams play and from what I saw, bammer's defense won't stop usc's offense, and bama's o-line can't block it's way out of a paper bag.

Don't get all pissy b/c I'm not bowing down to the power of the great bammer defense and broadway broodie.

I gave reasons I felt usc was going to hammer bammer. I've seen both teams play and from what I saw, bammer's defense won't stop usc's offense, and bama's o-line can't block it's way out of a paper bag.

Don't get all pissy b/c I'm not bowing down to the power of the great bammer defense and broadway broodie.

180618[/snapback]

bunny-with-pancake.jpg

What?!

Guest Tigrinum Major

It will be an interesting game for sure. The teams are more similiar than either coach or fanbase would like to admit.

SC has no running game, while Bama only showed one in the latter throes of The USM game.

SC improved in their second game, which is probably their biggest rival outside of Clemson. Emotion carried them, as well as a few good defensive plays.

Brodie looks good, with the exception of floating that pass that was a pick six.

The SC QB looks good. He will test the secondary of Bama and probably put up some decent numbers.

SC's defense wasn't good against UCF, but then impressed me against UGA. Bama's defense has been solid, but look at the competition.

Close game, might come down to the kicking game. Don't know much about Carolina's, but Bama's has not impressed.

Spurrier pulls out a close one by outcoaching Shula/Kines...

:usc: 24 :ua: 23

180618[/snapback]

Haven't you learned that the bammers are pros at hijacking a thread when it's not going their way. It's pretty pathetic when they have to be defensive about people just expressing their thoughts, as asked in the original post on this thread :puke:

It will be an interesting game for sure.  The teams are more similiar than either coach or fanbase would like to admit. 

SC has no running game, while Bama only showed one in the latter throes of The USM game. 

SC improved in their second game, which is probably their biggest rival outside of Clemson.  Emotion carried them, as well as a few good defensive plays. 

Brodie looks good, with the exception of floating that pass that was a pick six. 

The SC QB looks good.  He will test the secondary of Bama and probably put up some decent numbers.

SC's defense wasn't good against UCF, but then impressed me against UGA.  Bama's defense has been solid, but look at the competition. 

Close game, might come down to the kicking game.  Don't know much about Carolina's, but Bama's has not impressed. 

Spurrier pulls out a close one by outcoaching Shula/Kines...

:usc: 24 :ua: 23

180655[/snapback]

I agree with you that it will be close, but for some reason i have a gut feeling that Alabama will win, just like I did during the USM game <_<

BG...we won 28-0, and your going to throw comments by using a 1st quarter drive chart? Excuse me....(walks away 5 steps....bursts into an uncontrollable laughter).

Ok, now that I am done with that :roflol:

Thats just desperate man :poke:

Anyone that watched the MSU game knows that AU had them BEATEN before the game started. There is a VAST difference in talent between the two teams. Why would AU attempt to run up the score when we have a ton of talented back up players that need game experience. IF AU had continued to mix the PASS with the run, we could have scored 3-4 more tds. That would accomplish nothing. We will not run up the score on ball st. or WK either. Look for the coaches to "work out the kinks" in the next two games. The score or the "stats" mean nothing so long as it is another "W". Let uat worry about stats. It will not be long before they must play a REAL team. Then, well, those STATS will speak for themselves. :au::)

Anyone that watched the MSU game knows that AU had them BEATEN before the game started. There is a VAST difference in talent between the two teams. Why would AU attempt to run up the score when we have a ton of talented back up players that need game experience. IF AU had continued to mix the PASS with the run, we could have scored 3-4 more tds. That would accomplish nothing. We will not run up the score on ball st. or WK either. Look for the coaches to "work out the kinks" in the next two games. The score or the "stats" mean nothing so long as it is another "W". Let uat worry about stats. It will not be long before they must play a REAL team. Then, well, those STATS will speak for themselves. :au:   :)

180712[/snapback]

This is true, but they did keep Cox in, which i would of maybe let Fields play for maybe one set of downs, then again, im sure Cox needs practice too.

I picked BAMMER to win this game in an earlier comment, but I can tell you this BAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................

Until you beat us and until you prove yourselves, get off of the comparrisons between our MSU game and a game v/s a Southern Miss. team that was afraid to come down here and get it handed to them!!!!!!!

:ua: SUX and get a grip!

WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!! and you are still losers!

I picked Bama based on defense. I think they'll be able to force enough turnovers to come out on top. If USC cannot run, and all early indications say they can't, then they have no chance. Bama's OL is definitely suspect and I imagine Brodie and his room mate, O-lineman Capps I believe, had a few words about letting certain defensive ends head hunt the QB. :D

Having said that, Darby and Castille are heads and shoulders above anything USC can put on the field and they'll be able to do enough on their own to beat the Lamecocks. Spurrier and the butt-kickin chickens are goin' down by 10 at home.

Drive chart for AU after the 1st Q:

Missed field goal

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Fumble

30 td drive with 2 mins on the clock

180589[/snapback]

Using Bammer logic, that would make for a nice "moral victory" for MSU. Its too bad the rest of the world uses the scoreboard.

AU 28

MSU 0

Archived