Who wins?

vatz22au

Who wins? South Carolina or Bama?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? South Carolina or Bama?

• South Carolina
    • Bama

i view yesterday's bama game vs. USM as a very 'typical' bama win...therefore i deem the tide to be basically 'back'.

therefore, i expect alabama to win vs. socarolina.

ct

180332[/snapback]

What do you mean typical?....Pull it out of our a$$.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will not be long before they must play a REAL team. Then, well, those STATS will speak for themselves. :au:   :)

180712[/snapback]

A real team huh? Let me get this stright......you lost to GT who should have lost to UNC and the team that you beat this week lost to Maine last year.....hmmmmmm.

I really dont think either school :au: or :ua: has anything to talk about....neither of the two have played a "REAL" team.

It will not be long before they must play a REAL team. Then, well, those STATS will speak for themselves. :au:   :)

180712[/snapback]

A real team huh? Let me get this stright......you lost to GT who should have lost to UNC and the team that you beat this week lost to Maine last year.....hmmmmmm.

I really dont think either school :au: or :ua: has anything to talk about....neither of the two have played a "REAL" team.

180798[/snapback]

First, let me say that Georgia Tech would be handling bama very well.

Secondly, we are mainly pointing out that y'all havent beaten anybody FOR AWHILE.

Now thats cleared up. :poke:

180712[/snapback]

180798[/snapback]

GT should have lost to UNC? UNC never led, scored late to make it close, had a fluke TD of 87 yards, had 1/2 the yards rushing that GT had and 70 yards less passing than GT but should have won. By that logic both AU and Bama should have lost this weekend. I don't know if you watched any of the game or not, but GT was the best team as was AU and Bama.

1) If any Bama or Auburn fan is really impressed with their team so far, you need to put down the crack pipe.

2) We were playuing players in the 2nd half I barely knew at some points. We cleared the bench minus Cox.

So Carolina

1) Home field.

2) Rowdy crowd.

3) good dbs/ passable D

4) Bama O-line

5) CSS, enough said.

6) Kicking Game, huge plus So Carolina

Bama

1) Better QB

2) Better talent overall

3) Kines and the D

4) Bama is better road club, than at Home Club.

:usc: won this game last year. They have better coaching staff, but not fully involved yet. Bama has a scarily spotty kicking game.

However Bama has better talent, qb, D.

Whoever gets the running game going will win. That is Bama, but if it gets close late, CSS could expose the bama kicking game. I look for CSS to pull out all the stops. They had to play over their heads to get close with :uga: and played very close for 60 minutes.

:ua: just cannot let this game get close, or be behind, late. That is the key.

CSS could be the new HOT COACH in the SEC again with a win Sat tho. Something to think about.

Still :ua: 21 :usc: 13

I really don't think the talent level on the two teams is that different, overall.

I think it will come down to coaching. USC has Spurrier who certainly is among the top three SEC coaches of the last 50 years. Bammer has Shula, whose dad was a very good NFL coach. Unfortunately for Bammer, it isn't all genetics, as Mikey has yet to win a game against a top or mid level SEC school. I think it will likely be close, but if Bammer makes a couple of early mistakes, Spurrier's crew will embarrass them.

180712[/snapback]

180798[/snapback]

May I just add that flipper has NOT beaten a REAL team. :lol::lol::lol:

Honestly, I can't wait to see the game. I think everyone on the thread has made some very interesting comments, but the game on Saturday will decide the outcome.

By the way, I think USC wins because of homefield advantage and their Coach!!

SC's D came alive against us.

But, can Croyle scan the field better then Shockley? I think so.

USC's O somewhat comes alive and scores more points, imo

USC - 23

Bama - 19

:usc:   cant run.  :ua: cant throw and is not deep at any position esp running back.

whoever can kick and tackle wins. i say usc wins

181544[/snapback]

I would have posted this sooner, but i took me a second to get up from the floor...when i fell out of my chair from all the laughing.

Alabama can't throw? Uh...its not 2004 anymore. We dont start spencer pennington.

We are deep at any position? How about DB? WR? Id say we are pretty deep at RB...since we have coffee and Johns back to spell Darby. Dont forget Tim plays tailback in addition to fullback.

We have some pretty good talent at LB and DL too. But judging from your "alabama cant throw" comment, i didnt guess youd know that.

:usc:   cant run.  :ua: cant throw and is not deep at any position esp running back.

whoever can kick and tackle wins. i say usc wins

181544[/snapback]

I would have posted this sooner, but i took me a second to get up from the floor...when i fell out of my chair from all the laughing.

Alabama can't throw? Uh...its not 2004 anymore. We dont start spencer pennington.

We are deep at any position? How about DB? WR? Id say we are pretty deep at RB...since we have coffee and Johns back to spell Darby. Dont forget Tim plays tailback in addition to fullback.

We have some pretty good talent at LB and DL too. But judging from your "alabama cant throw" comment, i didnt guess youd know that.

181569[/snapback]

Deep with what? :au:

That HUGE pool of Koolaid must be DEEP in loserville.

Talented and deep at WR and RB?(A whopping 14yards rushing on 14 carries in the first HALF vs a CUSA team?) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks bg, I needed the laugh! :D

Talented and deep at WR and RB?(A whopping 14yards rushing in the first HALF vs a CUSA team) :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

181575[/snapback]

Hmmm.

WR - Tyrone Prothro, DJ Hall, Matt Caddell, Keith Brown, Ezekiel Knight

In 2 games we already have 3 100 yd receivers.

14 yards in the first half? Thats fine. We had 200 passing. And we ended up with 140 yards rushing. and 330 passing. Compared to their 9 and 190.

Then again, its not 118 yards on 48 carries against the powerhouse that is MSU.

If you dont think we are deep at LB or DL you havent seen the games Ive seen. We have 3, possibly 4 NFL first rounders in our starting front seven. When comparing that to what USC has, i dont think there is a comparison.

And say what you want about our Oline, but we have managed to run the ball well in the second half of both our games.

Let's see, a team without a home (practicing and living at university of memphis) and without 2 suspended starters on defense, from a non-bcs conference gave the bammer offense and defense fits for 45 minutes in their own stadium. Without a once-in-a-lifetime catch from a 5'6" WR, and another 50 yd bomb, which made up 40% of broodie's passing yards, bammer doesn't even come close to winning. And don't even try and compare usm's defense with any from the SEC except uk (talk about ignorant statements).

Just think what a team that can actually move the ball will do the 'mighty thad'.

Get ready tied, it's not going to be pretty. I'll stand by the 3 TD statement, I'll even go so far to say 38-17. This isn't another non-BCS warm-up.

It would help, before you make these ridiculous homer statements, if you did some homework first.

1. The 2 suspended starters were allowed to play this week. One of whom was a 2 time all american DB who gave up the 52 yard bomb on the first play thanks to a perfectly thrown ball.

2. USM gave us fits for 15 mins. They picked off a stupid pass, and ran back a 28 yd punt to our 13 thanks to a blatant block in the back misscall. At one point they had 14 points and -11 total yards offense.

3. Yes Pro made a once in a lifetime catch, which accounted for 45 yards. But the other 50 yarder is part of the game. I doubt that it is fair to say "if you take away the two bombs, you wouldnt have been productive". The 45 yarder and 52 yarder equate for 97 yards ~29% of Brodies production. But they were both perfectly thrown.

4. Bama only allowed 199 yards and one touchdown drive. We ran out 7 mins of the clock on the last drive running a vanilla offense, and fumbled on their 2 yard line thanks to trying to be nice and run the same play over and over again.

You sure do talk a big game considering the fact that AU didnt score an offensive TD for, what, 36 mins? And that was thanks to an MSU fumble on their own 30.

Drive chart for AU after the 1st Q:

Missed field goal

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Fumble

30 td drive with 2 mins on the clock

180589[/snapback]

MSU v. Auburn box score ESPN

What box score were you looking at.. :blink:

AU scored at the 6:56 mark of 1st qtr. Cox to Bennet 33yd TD (8 plya 59 yd drive)

AU scored at the 13:04 mark of 2nd qtr. Cox to Aromashodu 5 yd TD (13 play 69 yd drive)

AU scored at the 7:54 mark of 3rd qtr. herring fumble recovery

AU scored at the 2:03 mark of 4th qtr. Lester 6 yd run. (3plays 30 yd drive)

Don't mouth off to others about getting facts right...when you obviously can't either.

To the point of this thread....

UA rushed for 133 yds on 37 carries passed for 212 against MTSU

UA rushed for 140 yds on 43 carries passed for 330 against USM

USC rushed for 32 yds on 28 carries passed for 330 against UCF

USC rushed for 43 yds on 23 carries passed for 236 against UGA

USC is not at all a good rushing team, but Mitchell can throw, and has proved how good of a QB coach Spurrier is.

UA has a decent rushing team, and pretty good passing team, considering competition. USM was all over Croyle most of the game, as eveident by his crying in the paper about getting hit.

Game Plan for USC. Stack the front, stop the UA run attack, blitz Croyle, make the inexperienced OL protect. don't give up big play. Keep pressure on Croyle, who has thrown an interception in both of his first two games.

I still see a USC win mainly b/c of home field, and coaching. Look for low scoring game.

:usc: 17 :ua: 16 in a nailbiter!!!!!!!

Talented and deep at WR and RB?(A whopping 14yards rushing in the first HALF vs a CUSA team) :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

181575[/snapback]

Hmmm.

WR - Tyrone Prothro, DJ Hall, Matt Caddell, Keith Brown, Ezekiel Knight

In 2 games we already have 3 100 yd receivers.

14 yards in the first half? Thats fine. We had 200 passing. And we ended up with 140 yards rushing. and 330 passing. Compared to their 9 and 190.

Then again, its not 118 yards on 48 carries against the powerhouse that is MSU.

If you dont think we are deep at LB or DL you havent seen the games Ive seen. We have 3, possibly 4 NFL first rounders in our starting front seven. When comparing that to what USC has, i dont think there is a comparison.

And say what you want about our Oline, but we have managed to run the ball well in the second half of both our games.

181582[/snapback]

Managed to run the ball against teams who have less depth than even UA with scholly reductions!!! THe fact is UA barely beat USM, MTSU kept it close the first half. UA has been just good enough to win. UA is as likely to beat USC as USC is to beat UA, but IMO it is going to be a close game, I think USC pulls it out. 1st home SEC game of the year. It'll be a good battle!!

THe fact is UA barely beat USM

You're kidding right? This coming from the same fans who get all up in arms when bama fans suggest the iron bowl was close last year.

MSU v. Auburn box score ESPN

What box score were you looking at.. 

AU scored at the 6:56 mark of 1st qtr. Cox to Bennet 33yd TD (8 plya 59 yd drive)

AU scored at the 13:04 mark of 2nd qtr. Cox to Aromashodu 5 yd TD (13 play 69 yd drive)

AU scored at the 7:54 mark of 3rd qtr. herring fumble recovery

AU scored at the 2:03 mark of 4th qtr. Lester 6 yd run. (3plays 30 yd drive)

What was wrong with what i said? I said DRIVE chart. Returning a fumble for a TD doesnt count as a drive.

My point was..for 13 mins in the 2nd quarter, 15 mins in the 3rd, and 13 mins in the 4th...you DIDNT put points on the board against miss st OFFENSIVELY..read what i typed. DOnt try and act like what i said was waaaay out of line since you scored 2 mins into the second...when i mistakenly said it was in the first (which was what it said on the drive chart since the drive started in the 1st)

BamaGrad,

I think you are missing the point of this thread. It is meant for Auburn fans to discuss who we think will win this Saturday between USC and Bama. Ignore the poll, if you look at the posts themselves I would say it is about 50/50 as to who we think will win the game. Which, incidentally, is about how the rest of the world sees it, excluding Tuscaloosa and Spartanburg naturally. That is why the line is only 2 points. It is dang near a push.

We are not picking on your alma mater. If you look we are also discussing the Ole Miss/Vandy and Florida/UTK games. Just because someone’s opinion differs from your own does not mean that they are attacking your school, your family, or yourself. If poster A thinks that your linebackers are weak or that your punter kicks like a girl it doesn’t mean that you need to come charging in like Don Quixote attacking him like he is a fire breathing dragon. It’s just a windmill, dude.

In short, if you have a point then make it, but just taking jabs at what our offensive production has been like in our first two games is not what this thread is about. We have plenty of threads devoted to that topic; use them to express your opinion. This thread is about who will win in the USC/UAT game and why we think what we think.

Archived