Bama

auburn_eagle34

Bama is lookin pretty good. That may not be a popular statement on this board, I'm just sayin they are looking impressive against South Carolina. I think that part of it is SC is pretty bad. It will be hard for Spurrier to pull out a winning season with the way they are playing but the SEC west could be a three team race if bama keeps this up.

I'll give Bama its due--they have looked real good. ..enough so that it makes me nervous. so I don't mean to disparage the good effort they've demonstrated so far.

But I have wondered about the love SC was getting before today. Lou Holtz left a team full of losing criminals--weak in talent to begin with, and losing more talent to disciplinary problems. So I never bought into the whole "SOS as Superman" theory. Even Spurrier can't win games without the talent. I suspect we'll find that the USC effort against Georgia to be something of a fluke because I just don't see South Carolina rising above their usual middle-level status in the SEC--at least not before SOS has had a few years to recruit his own.

That being said, however, congrats to the Tide for a great game (or three quarters worth to this point, anyway).

Guest Tigrinum Major

Combination of the two. I had bought into the SC effort against UGA, but it was just a fluke. They had a couple good plays that kept them in that one.

Bama's D looks strong, and at this point, they are just teeing off on the pass rush.

SC's flaky D is horrible. How were they able to hold UGA to 17?

SC beat them last year. Bama went into their house and beat them this year. Bama look solid. Shula gets his first significant win as head coach. We need to keep an eye on them.

SC beat them last year. Bama went into their house and beat them this year. Bama look solid. Shula gets his first significant win as head coach. We need to keep an eye on them.

182012[/snapback]

I just can't call this one a signature win for Shula. Granted UAT looked pretty good and we do need to keep an eye on them, but SC looked gosh awful. When they play UF I think we'll see what they're really made of.

Shula gets his first significant win as head coach.

well, that remains to be seen....

if SC goes 6-5, this win doesn't look as pretty as it does now.

nonetheless, it was a very solid effort by the tide, and they are gonna be better than lots of people around here want them to be.

ct

UAT looked great...no question.

But it was South Carolina. Spurrier or no Spurrier, I don't think South Carolina was going to win anything this year...not trying to take anything from uat but still.

As bad as I hate to admit Bama looked pretty solid today. If the recievers catch a few balls early the game would have been over. Shula needed the win and the team looked very well coached today. Hey give credit to that young offensive line as well.

If the recievers catch a few balls early the game would have been over.

182033[/snapback]

Yeah, their receivers dropped a pass everytime I flipped over to the game...couldn't believe it.

Bama looked good what little I watched of it at the Auburn Ale House after the game. Switched over and watched the MSU v. ND game once Bama hit 30. They were playing strong on D. I don't know if SC was just playing above their heads against UGA or what, or if maybe UGA is not as strong as thought, or Bama is that good, BUT SC has a horrible run game Did they even break 50 yds? Their run D is even worse!!! Bama ran at will and wherever they wanted. I knew Bama was going to be good, maybe better than I thought. Find out more when they play a even better SEC opponent like UT, LSU. Will be a tough Iron Bowl!! Maybe a very good game.

Will be a tough Iron Bowl!!  Maybe a very good game.

182043[/snapback]

Kinda like the last 2 :P

182047[/snapback]

The last two years were very good games, what's your point?? They are pretty much always very good games. Very rarely blow outs.

Good win for Bama. But I hope that the Bham News does NOT call this Shula's Signature win. I am sure it will though. Bama Beat a team that was unranked and predicted by most experts to be LUCKY to win 5 games this year.

I think, what this win today does...its shut people up about this "signature win" crap.

You beat ANYONE in the sec on the road by 3 touchdowns...(and it wasnt even that close) you are playing good football.

Shula coached a wonderful game today. Big win for bama. Bigger game 2 weeks from today looming.

Until Shula beats LSU, Auburn, or UT....the signature win label will still be attached to him.

USC is not that great of a team nor should it be considered a signature win.

And yes, I know the score of the UGA/USC game...big deal, that game is close no matter how pathetic the other is.

Good win but lets not get carried away....USC may not even make a bowl game

Until Shula beats LSU, Auburn, or UT....the signature win label will still be attached to him.

USC is not that great of a team nor should it be considered a signature win.

And yes, I know the score of the UGA/USC game...big deal, that game is close no matter how pathetic the other is.

Good win but lets not get carried away....USC may not even make a bowl game

182069[/snapback]

But you see the difference in this year's team and last years. Its beginning to look more and more like Shula was limited in what he could do as a coach considering what he had to work with.

You predicted a USC win and bama came out and just dominated them. No USC isnt a good team. But everyone had them beating bama on their dance card this week. So if you didnt think USC was good last week...you must have thought bama was abysmal.

You guys can say what you want about Shula. But if you dont see a HUGE difference in the team bama is with brodie at the helm...youre kidding yourself.

Brodie looks great....against Southern Miss, USC, and whoever else you played.

Until he and Shula beat Top 25 teams, it really doesn't mean much other then another Music City Bowl year

Archived