UT @ LSU, Who wins?

DKW 86

UT @ LSU, Who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. UT @ LSU, Who wins?

• Tennessee
    • LSU

I think :ut: COULD bounce back and win. However I still think :lsu: could take them.

Night game, road problems for :ut: , etc.

So :lsu: wins, by 3 or less points.

Question to look for: Is LSU's D for real? Can UT find reliable O?

UT still has UGA and Bama in the next four weeks.

1. It's at LSU.

2. Tennessee's offense is stuck in neutral.

3. LSU's defense may not be as bad as the ASU game might indicate. ASU has quite an attack on offense.

4. Tennessee's secondary is still suspect.

All that adds up to LSU 27 Tennessee 13

Rarely have I seen UT lose two consecutive SEC games.

I think UT's D could be better then LSU's RIGHT NOW (not overall but RIGHT NOW)

I don't think UT's O could get much worse which is a good thing for them.

I think Russell is not as stable/consistent as some LSU fans think

This one won't be close. LSU by 17. You know LSU's D is not as bad as they showed in the first game and UT is laughable on offense right now. I thought when LSU's offense started clicking late, they looked pretty darn good.

I pick LSU.

I think LSU's lack luster performance in the first 3 qtrs against ASU were partial to the life strain they were under. they were kind of not in the game for 3 qtrs, but still in the game, only down what 14 or 17. Then the blocked FG and the blocked punt, excuse me pancake of the punter ignited the O and woke them up, that hey we are back in this thing.

UT O vs. LSU D - LSU D wins that matchup, unless UT gets a clue and sticks with one QB for an entire game. THey might get some consistency from one of them.

LSU O vs. UT D - UT has a good D, but I suspect LSU's O to break loose. Now that they have had a relative normal week or two.

:lsu: 27

:ut: 13

UT will have have to overcome some unusual gameday problems; not to mention, it happens to be in Baton Rouge at night.

Despite all of this, I have not been impressed by any means by LSU. The D looked too inconsistent playing man when they needed to be in zone and playing zone when they need to bring the heat. LSU lost their defensive mentality when Saban left. I honestly think that Fulmer will make Sanders call more run plays this week. Look for Riggs to have a big day and Ainge to get favourable matchups deep. Chavis has his boys ready for a LSU offense looking for an identity.

In a usual SEC slomber knocker...

UT-24

LSU-17

on the css show "talking football" last night ( sun ) danny sheridan said UT did not have a motel to stay in because of the katrina relocation. no place for meeting rooms etc. they will fly down the day of the game and try to get ready for lsu's home opener. i say ut is still over rated. going to be on like a t-bone down in red stick. lsu big. nothing sucks like a big orange.

on the css show "talking football" last night ( sun ) danny sheridan said UT did not have a motel to stay in because of the katrina relocation. no place for meeting rooms etc. they will fly down the day of the game and try to get ready for lsu's home opener. i say ut is still over rated. going to be on like a t-bone down in red stick. lsu big. nothing sucks like a big orange.

182591[/snapback]

actually there were hotels offered to Tenn for the team, coaches, and family members, but UT turned the rooms down and said they would fly down the day of the game.

A lot of UT fans were complaining about the game being at night, but if you really think about it, it is better that its at night.....more travel time for the team and fans on saturday, then the fans can drive north a little and stay in a hotel after the game.

O/A News today saying Fulmer has said Ainge is going to be starter. Looks like LSU will be eating at the table of inexperienced QBs, with a portion of INTs. If the LSU D keeps pressure on Ainge, they will feast well, and maybe get to snack on a Clausen.

Ainge did lead UT to a TD against UF,but he was 14 of 29 passing on the game. I think LSU has a better D than UF, they are for sure bigger up front on the DL than UF, which is a plus.

O/A News today saying Fulmer has said Ainge is going to be starter.  Looks like LSU will be eating at the table of inexperienced QBs, with a portion of INTs.  If the LSU D keeps pressure on Ainge, they will feast well, and maybe get to snack on a Clausen. 

Ainge did lead UT to a TD against UF,but he was 14 of 29 passing on the game.  I think LSU has a better D than UF, they are for sure bigger up front on the DL than UF, which is a plus.

182662[/snapback]

I hope you're right....I know LSU has the talent on D, but its hard to buy into the scheme after allowing so many yards and points in our first game. But I'm hoping and I feel that I'm right that the D will step up and play much better in this game.

I agree with Vatz that neither team has played up to the hype they received in the offseason, yet. I still think LSU wins big because it's in Baton Rouge at night, and Tennessee is just not that good! Their QB situation is going to ruin them, if they don't find some answers ASAP.

I really would rather see Tennessee win because I think we need LSU to lose as much as possible so we can defend our SEC title!!!

there were hotels offered to Tenn for the team

dumb move for ut. they dont go down there often enough to know what its going to be like. jet lag, living out of a suit case, tiger stadium at night. dumb.

I would have gone wih LSU even before seeing how bad UTK's offense is against UAB and UF. Now? Go to go with LSU. Fat Fulmer really stirred crap up with his rying about moving the kick-off. I think it's LSU 31-7. UTK only scores because the refs help them like they did in Gainesville last week.

UT is vastly overrated but LSU isn't all that great right now. Sanders needs to figure out that Riggs can carry the ball and that you don't have to abandon the running game in a big time matchup like he has done in the past.

:lsu: 24

:ut: 16

I can't speak as to why but Angie plays above his ability, LSU comes out struggling on D again, settles and comes back strong but to little to late.

:ut: 24

:lsu: 21

Archived