Bama Looking Not Impressive

vatz22au

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, congrats, I guess, to UAT for barely beating a team that lost to Vandy and got humiliated last week. But I suppose 4-0 is 4-0, particularly if you've been a Tide fan for the last few years.

I have a feeling that streak is ending against Florida next week, though. I don't see the team that struggled against the Hogs having a chance against the Gators.

Arkansas put in perhaps their best performance of the season. I hope the Hogs don't suddenly decide to wake up and become a threat just a few weeks before we have to travel to ARK.

Interesting stats here...

Ark rushed for 237 yards with an average per rush of 5.9 yards. uat only got 128 yards rushing. Ark gained more total yards than uat did too. Ark handed them the game, nothing really that uat did to stop them.

The uat receivers just drop waaaay too many balls. Their d-line got knocked around too. But yeah, uat should've crushed them...but I'm sure they'll be glad to be handed the win by the pitiful hogs.

UF should beat uat pretty good.

You guys are funny. Arkansas "handed" us the game? Numa, you're a bright guy...and I KNOW you've seen a football game before.

They got 72 yards on ONE run while we were up 17-3 and had been playing garbage players. And that was their only touchdown.

They got 60 rushing yards on their LAST drive when we were in prevent.

So the #3 rushing offense in the NATION gets basically 100 yards rushing minus those two things.

And you didnt mention the fact that after thier second drive, we didnt have a starting dlineman in until their last drive of the 2nd quarter.

You didnt mention the 81 yards passing they had either. Man im glad they handed us the game.

But i guess our win today isnt as impressive as yalls loss to Ga Tech.

You guys are funny. Arkansas "handed" us the game? Numa, you're a bright guy...and I KNOW you've seen a football game before.

They got 72 yards on ONE run while we were up 17-3 and had been playing garbage players. And that was their only touchdown.

So the #3 rushing offense in the NATION gets basically 100 yards rushing minus those two things.

And you didnt mention the fact that after thier second drive, we didnt have a starting dlineman in until their last drive of the 2nd quarter.

You didnt mention the 81 yards passing they had either. Man im glad they handed us the game.

183540[/snapback]

Speaking of things not getting mentioned didn't see you mention the 3 times the :arky: qb missed a wide open reciever. If the qb could have made a pass UAT would have been down going into half time.

If the uat D gives Leak the open man well it should be a long day for them.

So the #3 rushing offense in the NATION gets basically 100 yards rushing minus those two things

Come on BG your a bright guy, so why do you make comments like this. "if" it wasn't for two or three plays the bama D would have only given up "x" yards. :rolleyes: Thats what makes good D NOT giving up those plays

If that really was the case, it only shows how stupid the Shula staff is. If someone is pushing you D line around why would you not have you starters in the game.

Now I am not saying they gave you guys the game but you struggled, be rational if :arky: had half a qb they could and would of had a great shot at walking out with a WIN.

We dropped 5...count em 5 interceptions. So i dont need to hear about wide open receivers.

And what if OUR receivers catch the balls that hit them in the hands? That door swings both ways.

IF they had a good QB?...IF we had one last year, we wouldnt have gone 6-6. Our Dline wasnt getting pushed around. We have a guy playing in mark anderson who broke his hand last week...and a couple of other guys are nursing some injuries. I dont think Shula felt this game was one we were going to lose.

Honestly, I didnt see our dline get "pushed around". I saw them get some good runs. And I saw them get a 70 yarder late that helped the perception of their running game.

But for all their "pushing around" they only scored 3 points outside of that monster run. The other three came from a punt block possession where they got pushed backwards after they got the ball.

Bottom line, if your only TD comes from a 70 yard run when you are down 2 TDs in the 3rd late...you didnt "let one slip away"

Arkansas had the ball down 17-13 with 5 minutes to play with a chance to win. No Crimson and White fan thought that would happen. It doesn' matter how many excuses there are. Mighty resurgent Bama was suppossed to dominate and they didn't. 4-0 against 4 weak teams. Beat Florida and you will deserve your props.

BG, you're right, Sheila and Journeyman Joe (Kines) had the second team (uh, scrubs I think you called them) playing in a close game when Arky scored the long plays. Best to get that type of coaching out of the way early in the season...

I did not see any of the game. Not a lick. I saw that Bama beat Arkansas 24-13 and my initial thought was, "Hmm, Arkansas is really, really bad. Hmm. That is not very impressive."

The combined record of Bama's opponents is 3-10 (with 4-10 likely as USC is up 14-0 while I type this.) Four of those losses, naturally, are the result of having played the Tide which means they would still be 4-6.

Honestly, I just do not know how good Alabama is. They have played 4 bad teams and only won one game decisively. Do I think that Bama is a good team? I simply do not know, yet. Next week will give everyone a better indication of how good they are. UF has not impressed me either, but I think they are a quality opponent.

"Now I am not saying they gave you guys the game but you struggled, be rational if had half a qb they could and would of had a great shot at walking out with a WIN. "

You are WRONG on that one. If Arky had a 1/4 of a qb they would have won the game. Man, it was painful to watch that. I have never seen a game like that. Arky had NO, I mean NO passing game what so ever. He threw to Bama defenders more that his wrs. But what do I know, them bammers gonna win the national championship this year and Shula is coach of the year. :puke:

183540[/snapback]

Speaking of GA Tech...........50 something to 7.....VT took it to them.....hmmm........I dont think Tech is all that now.

4-0 is 4-0 anyway you slice it......it my end next week with UF, but then agian it might not..........UA has somethings going for them, they have D and its at home....

Speaking of GA Tech...........50 something to 7.....VT took it to them.....hmmm........I dont think Tech is all that now.

183556[/snapback]

Ball was out and Va Tech is really good. If you think they took GT to the wood shed wait until you see what they do to the way overrated Noles and Canes. GT is the #2 team in the ACC. FSU and UM shouldn't be ranked in the top 25. I think it is VT and USC in Pasadena.

183556[/snapback]

Ball was out and Va Tech is really good. If you think they took GT to the wood shed wait until you see what they do to the way overrated Noles and Canes. GT is the #2 team in the ACC. FSU and UM shouldn't be ranked in the top 25. I think it is VT and USC in Pasadena.

183559[/snapback]

Reggie Ball was not out. He numbers were 11-27 137yds 1td 2int. I'll agree that Vtech is the best in the ACC, but GT is nowhere near being the second best. Just because they beat AU doesn't make them great. You guys had turnover after turnover. That's the only reason an average GT team won. They'll finish between #4-#7 in the ACC this year.

"4-0 is 4-0 anyway you slice it."

That'll probably be tomorrow's headline in the "Bamaham News". And that's exactly why 12-0 Harvard last year had a share of the National Championship they so richly deserved. Oh wait, Harvard didn't share it...and wasn't anywhere near anybody's top 50. Hey, maybe you have to PLAY somebody decent..and maybe 4-0 ISN'T 4-0 anyway you slice it :P

Sorry. ESPN had said this morning that Ball wouldn't play. I assumed he did not. I would have never let him take the field with the illness he had. Chan should be called out for that. And I did not say that GT was great, I said they were the second best team in the ACC. There is a big difference. VT is the only great team in the ACC. GT is pretty good and really no one else is better than medicore.

I have a feeling that FSU and Miami would beat GT pretty handily.

You don't lose 51-7 to anybody and say you're a "pretty good team"

183571[/snapback]

So what do you call a team who gets blasted 70-17, who comes back to give a team all they can handle, the next weekend. :poke:

I have a feeling that FSU and Miami would beat GT pretty handily.

You don't lose 51-7 to anybody and say you're a "pretty good team"

183571[/snapback]

So what do you call a team who gets blasted 70-17, who comes back to give a team all they can handle, the next weekend. :poke:

183575[/snapback]

1-3??

Yeah, and GT can't even blame probation for losing like that! :P

GT w/ Ball has been like this for 3 years...win big and lose big. Teams just have to hope they catch GT on one of their many lows. Thing is, this year we caught them on a low Brandon threw for 350 yds against them in his 1st start...but it's hard for even USC :blink: to overcome 5 turnovers.

Archived