Bama Looking Not Impressive

vatz22au

"4-0 is 4-0 anyway you slice it."

That'll probably be tomorrow's headline in the "Bamaham News". And that's exactly why 12-0 Harvard last year had a share of the National Championship they so richly deserved. Oh wait, Harvard didn't share it...and wasn't anywhere near anybody's top 50. Hey, maybe you have to PLAY somebody decent..and maybe 4-0 ISN'T 4-0 anyway you slice it :P

183566[/snapback]

OMG!!!

You did not just make that statement!

Hi Pot! I'm Kettle! We seem to be similar in pigment!

Jeez! Give me a break! News flash here! Neither one of us has played anybody yet. We struggled, we won. The big test comes next week. Yours comes in two when you guys finally play somebody halfway through your schedule. End of thread! Nuff said!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Row Tahd"  :D

183620[/snapback]

Row......the TREE!!!!!!! :D

toomer.jpg

Off Topic:

I understand R. Ball had Viral Meningitis. (For those unfamiliar with it, it's swelling of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal chord.) My wife had that about three years ago and that is a brutal illness. Can be deadly. I got to hand it to him for playing today.

Simply put...after what I am seeing on this thread...Bama played horribly and escaped Bryant Denny with a close game with Arkansas.

I see alot of bama fans bringing up auburn's past games...out of the fact they cant admit they did not bring their A-day game today.

Face it bama, y'all have the capability to be great...but today's game with Arkansas was horrible. Freddie Roach couldnt catch the broad side of a barn if it was given to him. Receivers on both teams were dropping balls. Croyle looked pissed...hell I would be too if my o-line ran away and my receivers were picking daisys.

Bama...hear this.....and hear this well. You play like this vs Florida, Tenn., Auburn, Lsu.....your going home with 4 loses. Arkansas is experiencing one of their worst teams in history.

Good job on the win, but get real. Your team needs to play better and has the ability to do so.

Lets see it.

Bama...here this.....and here it well. You play like this vs Florida, Tenn., Auburn, Lsu.....your going home with 4 loses. Arkansas is experiencing one of their worst teams in history.

Good job on the win, but get real. Your team needs to play better and has the ability to do so.

Lets see it.

Exactly, I gave UAT props after dismantling :usc: but today they should count themselves lucky to escape with a W if :arky: had any passing game we could have very easily been talking about how UAT could lose to a team who lost to Vandy and got pasted by USC.

Im trying to understand how we "escaped" with a win.

We had a double digit win against an SEC team when we were not our best.

After we dominated SC, this was our first potential "letdown" game in YEARS. You KNOW bama was looking ahead to Florida. It would be impossible not to. Handling a letdown game is new to these guys. And watching SOuthern Cal dismantle Arkansas didnt help Bama avoid overlooking them.

Arkansas led 3-0, and didnt lead the rest of the day. Bama scored on the next drive and never looked back. Up 17-3, yes we gave up a fluke 70 yard run. But we got the job done when we needed to.

Not only are we 4-0. We are 2-0 in the SEC. I'll take it.

After we dominated SC, this was our first potential "letdown" game in YEARS. You KNOW bama was looking ahead to Florida. It would be impossible not to. Handling a letdown game is new to these guys. And watching SOuthern Cal dismantle Arkansas didnt help Bama avoid overlooking them.

Arkansas led 3-0, and didnt lead the rest of the day. Bama scored on the next drive and never looked back. Up 17-3, yes we gave up a fluke 70 yard run. But we got the job done when we needed to.

183691[/snapback]

At what point was that last touchdown scored? The one that made it a double digit win. Where was Arkansas when time ran out? If there had been another 30 seconds on the clock would you have still had a double digit win?

Congrats for a great win, being 4 - 0! If anyone has a chance to beat Florida it is Bama. You guys looked awesome!

BG3, you get the award for being the first to publicly say they were looking ahead to Florida.

183691[/snapback]

I totally agree with you, BG. There is no reason at all why :ua: shouldn't have blown the :arky: 's out of the stadium. :ua: was looking ahead, plain and simple. We did the same thing a couple of times last season.

Ignore the resident naysayers with horrible grammar skills here. I've been searching all morning for the newspaper articles proclaiming the sky to be falling. They have to be out there somewhere. Our 3rd team D gives up 2 TD's late, and some of our "fans" have us on the level of :om: .

Good luck Saturday against :uf: . If :ua: comes out and plays up to their capabilities, :ua: will win hands down.

Simply put...after what I am seeing on this thread...Bama played horribly and escaped Bryant Denny with a close game with Arkansas.

I see alot of bama fans bringing up auburn's past games...out of the fact they cant admit they did not bring their A-day game today. 

Face it bama, y'all have the capability to be great...but today's game with Arkansas was horrible.  Freddie Roach couldnt catch the broad side of a barn if it was given to him.  Receivers on both teams were dropping balls.  Croyle looked pissed...hell I would be too if my o-line ran away and my receivers were picking daisys.

Bama...here this.....and here it well.  You play like this vs Florida, Tenn., Auburn, Lsu.....your going home with 4 loses.  Arkansas is experiencing one of their worst teams in history. 

Good job on the win, but get real.  Your team needs to play better and has the ability to do so. 

Lets see it.

183656[/snapback]

Well, since the power of observation seems to be so prelevant in this thread:

Yes, we did not play our best game. Not sure who is not "facing that" on this thread?

In Roach's defense, you dont recruit linebackers based on their interception numbers and he does have a cast on his injured arm the size of my thigh.

Yep, lots of dropped balls by our receivers. Game would have had a little different outcome if this would not have been the case.

(Next Quote)

Wow! The power of Captin No Shiate Sherlock has spoken, someone call CMS so we can tap into this epiphany of wisdom. Need to play better against Fla. Got it.

Arkansas gets blown out by USC (Like every other team in the last three years) and drops one to Vandy, which by the way is 4-0 . They are four games into the season and now they are expierincing their "worst team in history" . "Our team needs to play better and has the ability to do so" WOW! Brilliant!

The subject line of this thread was Bama not looking impressive, yep that is correct but .... as opposed to Auburn versus GT and you guys "blowing out" western kentucky. Man, the arrogance just keeps on coming. So to respond to your little patronizing and condescending "Lets See it". Umm yeah, call me in two weeks when YOU guys finally and I mean FINALLY play somebody half way down your schedule .

Get real back at ya.

Roll Tide.

At what point was that last touchdown scored? The one that made it a double digit win. Where was Arkansas when time ran out? If there had been another 30 seconds on the clock would you have still had a double digit win?

Congrats for a great win, being 4 - 0! If anyone has a chance to beat Florida it is Bama. You guys looked awesome!

Wow, if Arky would have scored 100 td's they would have beaten us really bad.

If there had been another 4 quarters in the game, they may have even pulled it off.

If we didnt score with like 3 mins game...we wouldnt have scored. If we didnt score any of our points...we wouldnt have scored.

If we didnt win yesterday...we would have lost.

uh...ok.

Wow, if Arky would have scored 100 td's they would have beaten us really bad.

If there had been another 4 quarters in the game, they may have even pulled it off.

If we didnt score with like 3 mins game...we wouldnt have scored. If we didnt score any of our points...we wouldnt have scored.

If we didnt win yesterday...we would have lost.

uh...ok.

183711[/snapback]

When did Bama score their last TD? Where was Ark when time ran out?

Face it bama, y'all have the capability to be great...but today's game with Arkansas was horrible.  Freddie Roach couldnt catch the broad side of a barn if it was given to him.  Receivers on both teams were dropping balls.  Croyle looked pissed...hell I would be too if my o-line ran away and my receivers were picking daisys.

Bama...here this.....and here it well.  You play like this vs Florida, Tenn., Auburn, Lsu.....your going home with 4 loses.  Arkansas is experiencing one of their worst teams in history. 

Good job on the win, but get real.  Your team needs to play better and has the ability to do so. 

Lets see it.

183656[/snapback]

Yes, we did not play our best game. Not sure who is not "facing that" on this thread?

In Roach's defense, you dont recruit linebackers based on their interception numbers and he does have a cast on his injured arm the size of my thigh.

Yep, lots of dropped balls by our receivers. Game would have had a little different outcome if this would not have been the case.

(Next Quote)

The subject line of this thread was Bama not looking impressive, yep that is correct but .... as opposed to Auburn versus GT and you guys "blowing out" western kentucky. Man, the arrogance just keeps on coming. So to respond to your little patronizing and condescending "Lets See it". Umm yeah, call me in two weeks when YOU guys finally and I mean FINALLY play somebody half way down your schedule .

Get real back at ya.

Roll Tide.

183710[/snapback]

A Bammer accusing anyone of being arrogant is ludicrous at best. Before you get that horse too high, tell us how many of those games the Bama Reverend P. W. Bryant won against teams like AU played the past two weeks? You guys are patting yourselves on the back because you beat Vanderbilt all those years and now that they finally have a decent team they have rotated off your schedule.

Lets see it.

183656[/snapback]

(Next Quote)

Get real back at ya.

Roll Tide.

183710[/snapback]

A Bammer accusing anyone of being arrogant is ludicrous at best. Before you get that horse too high, tell us how many of those games the Bama Reverend P. W. Bryant won against teams like AU played the past two weeks? You guys are patting yourselves on the back because you beat Vanderbilt all those years and now that they finally have a decent team they have rotated off your schedule.

183715[/snapback]

No, A barner making the assumption that SOME of you guys are somehow above arrogance is ludicrous at least. Please dont steryotype and pigeon hole everyone. What the heck does the Bear and and "those teams" have to do with what we are talking about now. What does Vandy have to do with this outside of the fact that this year they have a good team, and it is showing. Props to their program. My friend, it is the pereson who I originally replyed to in this topic that is on a high horse. DID I NOT AGREE THAT WE DID NOT PLAY OUR BEST GAME . Hello? Ok one more time.... ALABAMA AND AUBURN HAVE NOT PLAYED ANYONE. NEITHER TEAM HAS BEEN TESTED. WE WILL BE TESTED NEXT WEEK. AUBURN'S FIRST TEST OF THE SEASON WILL COME IN TWO WEEKS......... FINALLY.

If the Gators play any team in the top half of the SEC like UF played the second half against KY, UF would lose by 2 or 3 TDs. You know Urban Blight started the 2nd half with scrubs, but @ 49-21 the regulars went back in and STILL had trouble stopping the flood. He is the most overrated coach in college ball. He beat UT w/ another coaches talent in what may end up being the sorriest game Fat Phil's boys play this year. Utah?!? It ain't the SEC wonder boy. I want UF to go out to a huge lead and hang on for a 1 point win the rest of the year (so Tubbs gets to face him in the SEC CG). The honeymoon is souring already at UF. Bama, it's real simple: bump the UF WRs off their routes early. If you throw off Leak's timing, he's lost. You might get a flag or 2, but these are SEC officials we're talking about. Charlie Strong is the most overrated DC in the SEC and about as creative as Vince Lombardi. Counter option and slant.

And what if OUR receivers catch the balls that hit them in the hands? That door swings both ways.

183546[/snapback]

Hey...this is a family forum...we don't need to hear that kind of stuff. Next you'll be bringing farm animals into it.

Face it...Bamar sucked against an inferior team...it happens. :P

:au::homer:

Trash victory against a trash team....is still a victory. I must say that it feels very nice to be 4-0. We might be 4-1 after this weekend....but then again, we might be 5-0. I can't wait to find out!! ROLL TIDE!!!!

Didnt really mean to piss anyone off too much :big:

Basically, I was trying to state in Barner fashion that bama has a great team this year, and did not play up to its potential against Arkansas.

Neither Auburn or Bama has been tested (Except for Georgia Tech...and boy was that embarrasing)....I do expect both teams to have a loss or more during the season. Bama's SEC schedule seems a little tougher than Auburn's....this right here could knock them out of contention for the SEC.

I guess were gonna have to wait and see :)

Didn't get to see the first half but I thought Alabama looked pretty decent. Croyle looks sharp at times and their OL isn't as bad as I thought.

Not sure they are near LSU's level both talent and depth nor even Auburn's but they could surprise me

uat couldn't run. arkie couldn't pass. Really an operation in futility for both "teams".

At least we now know who is last place in the west, by a nose. :D

Archived