Want To Hear Some Great News?

moe

blake "the snake" field. considering he found out he was going to start on the bus on the way to tiger walk, the plays he was given in the 1st half, rs freshman making his 1st start, seats relatively full unlike last week, et al, i dont see how he could have played any better. i think he, and the whole team, took a giant step foward today. forget the game stats. this aint fantasy football. all that counts is if you won or you lost. period. auburn is going to be fine. war eagle blake.

Blake did fine under the circumstances, but our defense has got to step it up. I've been disappointed with how our defense has played. We have to play better against good offenses. We really took a hit when Chizik left.

Blake did fine under the circumstances, but our defense has got to step it up.  I've been disappointed with how our defense has played.  We have to play better against good offenses.  We really took a hit when Chizik left.

183577[/snapback]

Yeah, after giving up 17 pts in the first half of our first game, we've given up 23 pts since. We suck.

PowerI, give it a rest. We have gotten better and I see no reason to think we won't continue to do so. We're playing a ton of players the last two games and they are going to make some mistakes. If you've "got to be realistic", how about starting there?

Blake did fine under the circumstances, but our defense has got to step it up.  I've been disappointed with how our defense has played.  We have to play better against good offenses.  We really took a hit when Chizik left.

183577[/snapback]

Yeah, after giving up 17 pts in the first half of our first game, we've given up 23 pts since. We suck.

PowerI, give it a rest. We have gotten better and I see no reason to think we won't continue to do so. We're playing a ton of players the last two games and they are going to make some mistakes. If you've "got to be realistic", how about starting there?

183594[/snapback]

I don't think it's the players as much as I think it's the coaches. I think we have great defensive players but the defensive strategies have been poor.

I don't think it's the players as much as I think it's the coaches.  I think we have great defensive players but the defensive strategies have been poor.

183596[/snapback]

"The defensive strategies have been poor." Hmm. We've given up 40 pts in four games. 23 of that in the first game, 17 of which was in the first half of the first game. In that same game, Tech gets the ball twice in our territory on turnovers and comes away with two FGs. But the defensive strategies are off.

I expect to hear of your job application for defensive coordinator on CTTs desk by Monday afternoon. There's no excuse for Auburn settling for Gibbs when we have brilliant strategists like PowerI on our very own message board sitting idle. Employ this defensive genius, Coach Tuberville! He's got it all figured out.

Truth be told, you should have ended your sentence right here:

I don't think

Exactly.

Yeah PowerI, lets run a bunch of new schemes against Ball State and WKU cause those teams can really put up some points, and give the coaches like Darth Visor and Miles a chance to watch the tapes and gameplan around those. It never fails, Auburn doesn't beat a team 70-0 and people act like they know more than every coach out there, and they could do the job better.

It never fails, Auburn doesn't beat a team 70-0 and people act like they know more than every coach out there, and they could do the job better.

183648[/snapback]

I know. It's a wonder that they have time to post here at all, what with all the schools beating down their doors asking them to come transform their defense.

You guys that were there today....is Blake as stone cold in the pocket as Brandon is? Does Blake seem like he could dodge the pressure well?

Brandon scares me sometimes with the amount of time he sits in the pocket...just curious about Blake's style really.

I don't think it's the players as much as I think it's the coaches.  I think we have great defensive players but the defensive strategies have been poor.

183596[/snapback]

"The defensive strategies have been poor." Hmm. We've given up 40 pts in four games. 23 of that in the first game, 17 of which was in the first half of the first game. In that same game, Tech gets the ball twice in our territory on turnovers and comes away with two FGs. But the defensive strategies are off.

I expect to hear of your job application for defensive coordinator on CTTs desk by Monday afternoon. There's no excuse for Auburn settling for Gibbs when we have brilliant strategists like PowerI on our very own message board sitting idle. Employ this defensive genius, Coach Tuberville! He's got it all figured out.

Truth be told, you should have ended your sentence right here:

I don't think

Exactly.

183606[/snapback]

Nicely put

is Blake as stone cold in the pocket as Brandon is?

al didnt let him throw much in the 1st qtr but by the last half of the 2d qtr he began to throw and made some really good throws. the td to mix before the half really had some stink on it. really zipped the ball into tight coverage. as good a throw as anybody could make. the throw to lee guess in the 4th was a beautiful. touch pass floated in over a linebacker. dead on the money. once he gained a little confidence and the butterflys went away, blake made some really nice throws.

in the pocket, he stood in when he needed too, bootlegged when he needed too, scrambled when he needed to. didnt notice the "happy feet" some young qb's are afflicted with. made a nice run for a 1st down. pretty cool customer if i do say so. i came away from the game feeling like auburn has a bonified back up qb we can count on if we have to use him.

war eagle blake field

Guest Tigrinum Major

al didnt let him throw much in the 1st qtr but by the last half of the 2d qtr he began to throw and made some really good throws. the td to mix before the half really had some stink on it. really zipped the ball into tight coverage. as good a throw as anybody could make. the throw to lee guess in the 4th was a beautiful. touch pass floated in over a linebacker. dead on the money. once he gained a little confidence and the butterflys went away, blake made some really nice throws.

in the pocket, he stood in when he needed too, bootlegged when he needed too, scrambled when he needed to. didnt notice the "happy feet" some young qb's are afflicted with. made a nice run for a 1st down. pretty cool customer if i do say so. i came away from the game feeling like auburn has a bonified back up qb we can count on if we have to use him.

war eagle blake field

183681[/snapback]

Agreed with evrything here. Let me add that he made good decisions on throwing the ball away at times. He had one pass that floated on him (and it was caught by Mix, I believe), but overall looked good.

I was glad to see Lee Guess get a TD pass yesterday also. That ball had some zip on it.

What can be learned in a game against a Division IAA team? For that matter even Ball State. The only game we played which provided any feedback was GT and they got plastered yesterday by VT. We may have a clue after next week but again, maybe not. I'm not sure who is for real at this point in the season, including AU.

First off War Eagle! :au:

I caught alot of flack from family (bama fans) about Tubbs pushing the fact that WKU was #1 in IAA.

I think that if most on the Auburn team don't really see it as an impressive win, Field sure should and prob. does. A RS Fr. getting the nod an hour before the game. I'd get nervous to get the nod to get up and pray in church an hour before began...I can't even imagine what he went through. I feel good about the backup talent for those **just in case** scenarios (knock on wood). A RS Fr. goes out and out competes players that you could say were on the same level as he is....

Enjoy your 200+ yds....3 TDS..

Enjoy it.

War Eagle!! :au:

The only game we played which provided any feedback was GT

183695[/snapback]

You're kidding me right? So we got absolutely no feedback from the past three games? And if it was feedback then it's false feedback?

183577[/snapback]

183594[/snapback]

We lost the game against GT. Peroid. Va Tech rolled them up 51-7. ;)

We shutout doormat Miss State. Nice. They might win 5 MAYBE 6 games this year. :cheer:

We rolled a pathetic Ball State team, who is 0-3 this year (6-19 last 2.5 years) and they (Ball State) have been outscored 159-34 in those 3 losses this year. Hardly a team that we want to benchmark our team against. Or do we??? :blink:

We beat WKU. #1 ranked Div-II team. What does that mean??? Will we be ranked in the top 10 after that signature win???

The point, is we have played 1 game against a team that had a heartbeat and lost that game. These last 3 scrimmage games that we have played have been good in order to provide experience to the inexperienced players and coaches. Can we derive anything from these last 3 games??? Yea, that we can really beatup outmanned and overmatched teams. Otherwise, I fail to see how you can say that since we played well against Ball State, WKU and MSU, then we will be just fine when we line up against UAT, UGA and LSU. Slight difference in the teams...slight. :rolleyes: Until we play another team that is decent I'm not really sure that we know how well this team has developed...IMO.

war eagle blake field

183681[/snapback]

Agreed with evrything here. Let me add that he made good decisions on throwing the ball away at times. He had one pass that floated on him (and it was caught by Mix, I believe), but overall looked good.

I was glad to see Lee Guess get a TD pass yesterday also. That ball had some zip on it.

183692[/snapback]

Ditto...he forced a couple late...but he threw away several when he had to...and he looked very confident standing in the pocket. I was extremely impressed under the circumstances. He's a pretty cool customer. B)

:au::homer:

Archived