Crimson Colored Glasses

mattd

I don't usually post anything about Bama...mainly because I could care less about anything they do, BUT I think it's hilarious that you have a division in the fans..half are wandering howthey compare to where :au: was last year and howthey compare...and the other half think they have this HUGE national appeal that there's no way AL would get left out......I think alot of Bama fans are about to eat some crowe...after all the comments last year that :au: didn't deserve to be there because of our schedule ( even though at this point we had already played 2 ranked teams and they've only played one)....and the rest still think they are in the 70's and Bama has this huge national reputation...I mean c'mon...If they were still repspected they would have been able to hire whoever they wanted instead of all 3 times they hired someone over the last 6 yrs they got their 3rd or 4th choice instead of who they actually tried to hire.....just food for thought

We don't talk about "Crimson Koolaid" and (as you entitled this thread) "Crimson Colored Glasses" for nothing. As with many stereotypes, there is at least an element of truth at the bottom. And the truth is, most Bama fans will always consider themselves God's gift to football and believe the rest of the country, beyond their "jealous" (their word, not mine) SEC opponents, feels that way too. What they refuse to recognize is that this fabulous tradition from primordial times & their fixation with it is why much of the country hates them (our rational Bama friends* on this board excepted, of course ;) ).

Before they start worrying about whether they'll be "left out" of the MNC race, they should get past :ut: , :lsu: , and :au: . And IF they manage to pull of that trifecta (I don't expect them to), then win in the SECCG--against probably Georgia at this point. Even if they miraculously accomplish all that, the only way they move ahead of an undefeated USC, Texas, or Va.Tech would be because of Auburn--because of the BCS embarrassment after leaving out the SEC champs last year in favor of Choklahoma.

[*well, okay yes, "rational" Bama fan is a bit of an oxymoron.. :P ]

I think alot of Bama fans are about to eat some crowe.

189674[/snapback]

Personally, I don't plan on eating any actors no matter what happens.

189674[/snapback]

189718[/snapback]

Doesnt Jack Crowe coach at Jax State?

We don't talk about "Crimson Koolaid" and (as you entitled this thread) "Crimson Colored Glasses" for nothing.  As with many stereotypes, there is at least an element of truth at the bottom.  And the truth is, most Bama fans  will always consider themselves God's gift to football and believe the rest of the country, beyond their "jealous" (their word, not mine) SEC opponents, feels that way too.  What they refuse to recognize is that this fabulous tradition from primordial times & their fixation with it is why much of the country hates them (our rational Bama friends* on this board excepted, of course ;) ).

Before they start worrying about whether they'll be "left out" of the MNC race, they should get past  :ut: , :lsu: , and :au: .  And IF they manage to pull of that trifecta (I don't expect them to), then win in the SECCG--against probably Georgia at this point.  Even if they miraculously accomplish all that, the only way they move ahead of an undefeated USC, Texas, or Va.Tech would be because of Auburn--because of the BCS embarrassment after leaving out the SEC champs last year in favor of Choklahoma.

[*well, okay yes, "rational" Bama fan is a bit of an oxymoron.. :P ]

189704[/snapback]

Bamar tradition before The BAHR="Ears" Whitworth

:au::homer:

189674[/snapback]

189718[/snapback]

189724[/snapback]

Haha, ya. I played for him for a year.....I think he is a pretty good coach.

189674[/snapback]

189718[/snapback]

189724[/snapback]

I was thinking of Fightn' 'Round the World with Russell Crowe. ;)

189674[/snapback]

189718[/snapback]

189724[/snapback]

Haha, ya. I played for him for a year.....I think he is a pretty good coach.

189742[/snapback]

I'm really, really thankful he's not still at Auburn :poke:

uat is uat. They will "spin" EVERYthing to fit their image of what was and is no more. Sad but true. There are a whole lot of games to yet be played. UT was a preseason top FIVE. uat is a mid season top five. Time will tell just how far off the pollsters are on both counts. B)

Archived