LSU-Bama....Who Will You Pull for?

Proud Tiger

I want Auburn in the title game. The only way that happens is for LSU to lose another SEC game and for us to win out. Of the three remaining games for LSU, Bama has the best shot at beating them. So, I will hope Bama beats them so that we can win the West by beating Bama.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...I'd really love to see Auburn back in the title game. So I'll root for Bama, right?

However...

I'd rather not have Bama come into J-H still with a shot at going undefeated. If we don't make it to Atlanta, I'd rather see LSU there and not Bama. (Lesser of two evils.)

Wait, I've got it. I won't root for Bama, I'll root against LSU. Yeah, that's the ticket. :D

Wouldn't it be great to have a crystal ball to see what Arkansas and Ole Miss are going to do against LSU!

I guess I will be rooting for the best, happiest results for the guys on our team.  I suspect they would be happiest with an SEC championship ring on their finger, so I plan to focus on that rather than either Bama or LSU. 

I accept no responsibility for my instinctive responses while the game is in progress, however.  :rolleyes:

194002[/snapback]

Some here would call them "ignorant responses" rather than "instinctive responses." :big:

194012[/snapback]

If instinctively hating Bama is ignorant, I don't want to be smart! :big:

I pull for Auburn and whoever can help Auburn to a SEC championship. As for Bama I consider them the cousin that I get into a fight with everytime we meet but if I see him getting jumped by a neighbor I will bust the neighbors chops.

As for Alabama coming into Auburn with a chance to go undefeated that is a dream come true. Actually if USC, Texas and Virginia Tech all lost and Bama came into Auburn #1 and we beat the snot out of them I could die a happy man. The look on the bammer's faces would be priceless.

I'm pulling for the Bengal Tigers. It really doesn't matter who I want to win as far as the out come of the game. The more losses for UA the more recruiting is hurt. In the long run, UA's winning does not help us ... short run perhaps.

When hell freezes over I may change my mind and reconsider, but I doubt it.

When I started this thread I knew there would be mixed feelings. I didn't expect it to get hijacked intop some name calling. I was really hoping someone would note that it is really a win-win for Auburn. If bama wins, it helps gives us a chance to go to the SECCG. If bama loses, well that's always good :D

I might try pulling for bama but I promise if that lasts for 30 seconds it will be a new record. :big:

Proud Tiger, you and I are cut from the same cloth. I am class of '68. No disrespect to the younger board members, but you didn't have to suffer through the 60s and 70s. That time period is what built the animosity I have for the school across the state. There is a visceral hatred that wells up whenever I see their uniforms. It is an autonomic response that has its roots in the experience of sitting in Legion Field with those arrogant a-holes while they dominated us for two decades. I will never apologize for wanting them to fumble on every offensive play, and give up a touchdown on every defensive play for the remainder of my life. I am 100% Auburn, and there is no room for even 0.01% bama.

Football fandom has nothing to do with intelligence or rationality, that's what I like about it. It's a pure emotional release that does not have to be justified logically. Brilliance and ignorance are not relevant.

As far as having our destiny in our hands is concerned, we should have beaten LSU.

I hope uat never win another tennis match much less a football game.........................I aslo grew up in the 60's and 70's and believe me when I tell you I hate uat.

GEAUX FAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

193925[/snapback]

20-17. :cheer:;)

Proud Tiger, you and I are cut from the same cloth.  I am class of '68.  No disrespect to the younger board members, but you didn't have to suffer through the 60s and 70s.  That time period is what built the animosity I have for the school across the state.  There is a visceral hatred that wells up whenever I see their uniforms.  It is an autonomic response that has its roots in the experience of sitting in Legion Field with those arrogant a-holes while they dominated us for two decades.  I will never apologize for wanting them to fumble on every offensive play, and give up a touchdown on every defensive play for the remainder of my life.  I am 100% Auburn, and there is no room for even 0.01% bama.

Football fandom has nothing to do with intelligence or rationality, that's what I like about it.  It's a pure emotional release that does not have to be justified logically.  Brilliance and ignorance are not relevant.

As far as having our destiny in our hands is concerned, we should have beaten LSU.

194058[/snapback]

You are right on. I wanted to make that point but I understand that our younger members don't have a clue what bama has done to us in the past. I just don't want to come across as a know it all old fart. If they knew that I once was a bama fan when they weren't playing Auburn, they wouldn't believe it. But at the same time they have no way of appreciating the things bama pulled on us in the late 50s and on down thru the Bryant years. Many times I wish I hadn't been on the inside of things in those days and knew what was going on. Life would be easier and my dislike for bama wouldn't be so intense. Like I always say ....if my Dad wass the bama coach and my son was the QB, I wouldn't pull for them. And that's the honest to goodness truth.

Now that's not to say I dislike all bama fans. My oldest daughter is a bama grad. I love her with all my heart but she clearly understands my feelings. And one of my best friends is a former bama FB captain under Bryant. He feels the same way about Auburn as I do about bama yet we are close friends.His oldest daughter went to Auburn by the way. These feelings are hard to explain let alone for our young members to understand. That's life as they say.

I will be pulling for Bama. Not only for the reason that with a Bama win our hopes of going to Atlanta would stay alive (if we keep winning) and then beat them the next week to make it to Atlanta. I mean what would be better than beating Bama and ruining their undefeated season and at the same time clinching the SEC West title?? I honestly don't see how you couldn't like that!! I am not a huge fan of Bama, but I would rather us be able to get to Atlanta and be the ones to ruin their perfect season than see them lose to LSU the week before we play them....but I guess that's just me.

I understand that many of you really hate bama and always want to see them lose, but seriously, come on! If they lose we have basically no chance in winning the SEC West. We did control our own destiny before, but we lost to LSU in OT at Tiger Stadium. We can't always go 13-0 and getting a little help is never bad. It's seems like some of you would want to concede the SEC West so Bama can lose one game. Just doesn't sound that logical. It seems like you are too worried about how well they do instead of wanting the best for our team.

I can't ever in clear conscience pull for Bama to win... so here's what I'm doing. I hope that Jamarcus Russell and the rest of the wannabe Tigers screw up as much as possible to the point of where it costs them the game. That way they come out with a L, but I have never had to say anything pro-UAT.

I really really really want us to go to Atlanta to defend OUR SEC Title, but it would not disappoint me 1 bit of UAT's undefeatedness came to an end that day. It's out of our hands now.

I don't think UAT has a real shot at beating LSWho. UAT's offense is almost non-existent. LSWho will score. Ole Miss or Arky probably have a better chance of sneaking up on LSWho and winning.

Hopefully, we will be in a postion to win it all at JH in the last game. However, fate and history are not really on our side in big games. We have a way of finding out how to lose these big games, rather than win them.(more than not)

I don't think UAT has a real shot at beating LSWho. UAT's offense is almost non-existent. LSWho will score. Ole Miss or Arky probably have a better chance of sneaking up on LSWho and winning.

Hopefully,  we will be in a postion to win it all at JH in the last game. However, fate and history are not really on our side in big games. We have a way of finding out how to lose these big games, rather than win them.(more than not)

194176[/snapback]

You are right as usual. We had no big games last year and beating bama three years in a row is no big deal :poke:

Hopefully,  we will be in a postion to win it all at JH in the last game. However, fate and history are not really on our side in big games. We have a way of finding out how to lose these big games, rather than win them.(more than not)

194176[/snapback]

You are right as usual. We had no big games last year and beating bama three years in a row is no big deal :poke:

194182[/snapback]

Listen, I am very proud of last year. However, it is just that "last year". As of now "last year" is the exception to the rule, and it will be until we put together 3, 4, or 5 straight 10 win seasons. Of those three straight wins over UAT, how many put us in the SECCG? Zero? :au:

194176[/snapback]

194182[/snapback]

Listen, I am very proud of last year. However, it is just that "last year". As of now "last year" is the exception to the rule, and it will be until we put to

gether 3, 4, or 5 straight 10 win seasons.

Of those three straight wins over UAT,

how many put us in the SECCG? Zero? :au:

194192[/snapback]

You used the words "fate and history" not me.

194176[/snapback]

194182[/snapback]

Listen, I am very proud of last year. However, it is just that "last year". As of now "last year" is the exception to the rule, and it will be until we put to

gether 3, 4, or 5 straight 10 win seasons.

Of those three straight wins over UAT,

how many put us in the SECCG? Zero? :au:

194192[/snapback]

You used the words "fate and history" not me.

Listen, I am very proud of last year. However, it is just that "last year". As of now "last year" is the exception to the rule, and it will be until we put together 3, 4, or 5 straight 10 win seasons. Of those three straight wins over UAT, how many put us in the SECCG? Zero? :au:

194192[/snapback]

Who cares, we beat the Turds 3 years in a row, 4 out of 5! And hopefully in exactly 18 days we can add another to that tally. I don't care how our season goes.... if we beat those %)(*#@$, it is all worth it.

All logic says root for Bama:

If their winning sends us to Atlanta and another SEC championship, that will help our recruiting far more than any LSU victory will help their's. [Their talent takes a big hit to graduation this year and they're going to be down for the next year or two anyway.] If they are undefeated coming into the Iron Bowl and we pull off the victory there, it will be that much more painful for them. It will also help our national image. Since I have little respect for Shula, anything that helps keep him in Tuscaloosa probably isn't a bad thing either. And I truly hope our guys get a shot at another SEC ring.

The heart, however, is another matter. I'm also from the dark days of the Bear (Class of '76 and grew up in the sixties), and have zero love for the Tide. Although I think I developed even more hate for the Tide after Bear because of the delusional fans who continue to think of him as the norm, rather than the exception. It's much more irritating to hear a Bama fan talk about "X" number of MNC now than it was when Bear was actually winning them (at least to me). And it is most irritating to hear them claim that they continue to be God's gift to football, even though they've been average at best, with a few lucky exceptions like this year & 1992, for most of the period since Bear retired.

I think I'll just focus on us beating Georgia on Nov. 12th. If we don't do that, all talk of going to Atlanta is moot anyway.

What time are the respective kick-offs? If the Georgia game precedes the Bama game, that might make the decision for me!

What time are the respective kick-offs?  If the Georgia game precedes the Bama game, that might make the decision for me!

194229[/snapback]

LSU-bama is afternoon game, Auburn-Ga. is evening.

If Bama wins, Auburn will know that they can go to the SEC Championship if they win. It might give them added motivation and energy knowing that they don't have to hope for a huge upset over LSU to get to Atlanta.

Archived